+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you guys please help! - Study Permit + TRV for Wife

Srikant111

May 2, 2016
Hi Guys,

Great website for CANADA immigration, big thanks already :)

I have an admit from UofC Haskayne for 2016, I am from India(Bangalore). I have few questions, will be great if you can answer.

1) If I apply together with wife (Study Permit for me, TRV for her) - will it be visa accepted/rejected for both / or can it be partly accepted(accept for me , reject for her)? .

2)While applying together with my wife(TRV) - how about we specify she wants to stay with me for both the years(2), or should I write less?
Also in her file, can she show my bank balance for funds available.

Thanks again, worried husband! :(

yinusa56

May 1, 2016
look like we have similar issue at hand....my wife had offer to study a course on Business (Diploma) 2 years Sept 2016 intake....i will be accompany her to Canada i applied for both of us together at once (online Application) 23rd April 2016 we had our finger print 26th April 2016.... we are waiting for next line of action from the embassy....to your question if your wife will be accompany you same time you need to show evidence of CAD$10,000 for you and CAD$ 4,000 for your wife and if you have a child CAD$ 3,000 for the child this fund is meant for your upkeep, and you must also show at-least a one year school fee availability, all proof of evidence in bank statement of either you, your sponsor or guarantor if using a sponsor or guarantor kindly support the claim with a sworn affidavit from the party involved.
you must show proof of evidence of a property owned by you in your home country or something similar to that to show strong tie to your home country...marriage certificate...relationship proof of evidence..employment letter, recommendation letter, cover letter (letter of explanation) and any other related documents you need to attach.... second question....you have to provide a good reason(s) purpose of your wife accompany you...for example she will be accompany me for the purpose of emotional support.... and mind you in her purpose of travel it is advisable you also write a support letter stating why you want her to accompany you.
importantly you have to show strong valued (property) connecting you to your home country, that will surely make you return back home after your study years......
if your application and papers are intact and genuine i believe you and your wife will surely received visa approval.....you are the major applicant so your document must be strong and real.....your spouse visa dependent on your study visa approval if your visa is approved surely your spouse visa will also be approved once you showed a strong and proof of relationship and funds.....
lastly my advise for you.....why not choose open work visa/work visa for your wife instead of TRV.....
best of luck.....the application for me and my wife was applied online.....im living in Qatar and my wife lives in Nigeria........
just my advise brother ................

Have nice day......

Srikant111

May 2, 2016
Hi yinusa56,

Thank you for the detailed clarification. I will definitely write a supporting letter in her file.

I also read in one of the websites that TRV can be applied upto 3 years, however I will mention only 20 months for my wife, hope its better than writing 6 months and extend there.

lastly, wish you best of luck :)

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
If they approve your study permit, most likely will approve your wife TRV IF they convince that you both will be able to stay in Canada and relay on yourselves without working !

Srikant111

May 2, 2016
Hey Guys!

I finally applied for Study and TRV for my wife on 10th May.

Much to our joy, both of us got accepted on 2nd June:p :p ;)(Ah! the joy of seeing the passport stamped :eek:).

I followed the CIC process strictly and gave all the necessary details, and that's it. I never attached any return ticket(!!?) or anything of this sort.

Feel free to msg me if you need help!

@yinusa56, you've been mighty helpful(Thank you!!), hows it going for you?

sambib

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Hi Srikant,

Congratulations !!!
Pls advice us too. I am also going to take risk and apply together.
Do we both need police certificates, did CIC ask for it? It is not mentioned in the documents checklist.
How much money did you show or other source of income?
What about ties to home country?

Thanks

arun1990

Nov 19, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney/new delhi
NOC Code......
Noc B
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015