+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my spouse cancel my PR

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Seriously....unfortunately u not aware of the situation. Where my spouse used to be in good mood n bad mood....however the purpose of coming down here , I wanted to meet her in person and clear the air between us and hoping that perhaps things could get better than the way they were.
Would you like me to email you the chat history of about 4000 pages so that you could go through it before you pass the verdict?
However the purpose of posting here was just to share my experience and what transpired. If i have step on someone's tail than I apologise for that...
Sorry guys..and neither do I seek any sympathies.
And thanks to those who has given me their advice....
I said it was over...unfortunately I have someone who loves me one day and give a damn the next day....Thank you for you taking time

Reactions: Ayat

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
As we only have your side of the story it's unfair to pass judgement on your wife for her decision to end the marriage and report you. I do know that whether I am Canadian or not I would have notified CIC that the marriage was over as soon as I found out my partner was cheating, whether on Facebook or in person. Cheating is cheating and we Canadian women don't put up with that.

Reactions: Amy mouse and msb

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
I will say, that this happens WAY TOO OFTEN where couples break up during/after this process. Spouses and/or family will run to immigration with he said she said stories. MANY times, they wont even do anything about the. HOWEVER if there is proof, and only if, that's when a PR can be revoked. Not just because 1 spouse is throwing a tantrum. Cic is not a marriage mediator, but if fraud is reported and proven, that's when they are revoked and ordered to leave.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I will say, that this happens WAY TOO OFTEN where couples break up during/after this process. Spouses and/or family will run to immigration with he said she said stories. MANY times, they wont even do anything about the. HOWEVER if there is proof, and only if, that's when a PR can be revoked. Not just because 1 spouse is throwing a tantrum. Cic is not a marriage mediator, but if fraud is reported and proven, that's when they are revoked and ordered to leave.
A friend has submitted proof her ex lied to her and to his application (he has other children he didnt tell her and report on his application)
CIC told her they can only get him if he leaves and attempt to come back and still that is not a guarantee..

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
A friend has submitted proof her ex lied to her and to his application (he has other children he didnt tell her and report on his application)
CIC told her they can only get him if he leaves and attempt to come back and still that is not a guarantee..

Exactly. Most times they dont do anything once the process is done. If it's a case where both spouses did something fraudulent then they might. It's all up to however they want to deal with it. But they will never revoke a pr just because a spouse claims something. There are so many people who get deported and say this, so they dont have to admit the fault of their own.

Reactions: msb

Ohboii

Jan 16, 2019
Exactly. Most times they dont do anything once the process is done. If it's a case where both spouses did something fraudulent then they might. It's all up to however they want to deal with it. But they will never revoke a pr just because a spouse claims something. There are so many people who get deported and say this, so they dont have to admit the fault of their own.
this was before..but within the last few years they will now investigate. remember when they had the law that 2people had to live together for 2yrs after approved sponsorship.then they cancelled that law Bcaz they didnt want people to live with being abuse out of fear of being deported. so now they made it that they will investigate and a spouse can come forward at anytime to report fraudent marriage or they can make random checks on the couple. people do marry others to get in the country to be reunited with ex.lovers

if you have proof (emails.photos.etc.of them with someone here before you marry them and they are now re-united with the person
take it to immigration. now with social media its easier to prove where folks cant stop posting pics and stories about their entire life

Reactions: Sarahannclarke5

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Hers werent just claims, she sent proof and they do want to find him, the only way is if he leaves and comes back, its not guaranteed because the agents dont always verify everyone... and that is now,
Not from years ago. Its happening to her right now

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Yea I kinda agree with you on that. You are absolutely right. That s the way it should be and I guess that's the way it is.

I would like to apologise to all the readers here, it was not polite of me to generalize and I take my words back. It was uncalled for.
As far as cheating goes, I think any woman in the world weather chineese, Japanese, American,Asian, etc...nobody likes or appericiates that.

Lately I have across many stories from the people around me, my colleague.
Where a foreign national got married to Canadian spouse, it was an arranged marriage. Guy was kinda well to do back home. After few weeks his arrival, wife demanded that he buys her a house she liked. He refused saying that he would buy when and where he likes.
Arguments ensued thereafter.
One afternoon he was having dinner with his brother in law(my colleague) knock on the door. Cops. They got a complaint that this guy Threatned his wife in the mall and her friend was the witness.
According to him, they spent 33000CAD to get that go away,later on he won the case. It was all fabricated. Than he left Canada. Later on got married with another man and now has 2 kids and a happy family.

This is the story I heard. Again good or bad people are everywhere. Since its a forum where they share that's the only I reason I put my side if the story. And to post a fabricated story in order to make it look like that I am an angel and my spouse is weirdo. I don't gain anything at the end. I posted what did transpire actually. It's not a court and no one is the judge. It's just a forum where people seek advice based upon their opinion.

I thank everyone who take time to read n post.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Hers werent just claims, she sent proof and they do want to find him, the only way is if he leaves and comes back, its not guaranteed because the agents dont always verify everyone... and that is now,
Not from years ago. Its happening to her right now
Good, I'm glad she did!! it's such a shame in these situations. These are the heartbreaking situations.

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I hope all you guys are safe during this Covid pandemic.

I just thought to update about my issue from 2018.it might help anyone, I am not sure.

Since my lawyer's submission to IRCC, what they asked me to give explanation,
I haven't heard from IRCC since than. It's almost 2 years, since reply was submitted to IRCC by my lawyer.

I am not sure if that is still going on or they take much longer time than this to respond.

I just wanted to update. If any of u guys have such experience, please do share.

Thanks

God Bless

Reactions: scylla and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's actually extremely helpful to have people like you update old threads. If you have not heard from IRCC for two years, you can pretty much assume they've dropped it (unless new info comes to light). Get your citizenship and move on. Live your life, pay your taxes, don't commit any crimes, be happy.

Whatever the circumstances, the consistent advice here seems to hold:
1) If you've landed, you are a PR, and your spouse's threats about denying PR status are usually meaningless - unless concrete evidence of fraud exists. (Likely written)
2) If you're a sponsor and believe your spouse has "done you wrong" - forget it, get divorced, and move on. IRCC will not be able to do anything unless concrete evidence of marriage fraud exists. Forget any thoughts of retribution - you are wasting your time and money. There are close to zero chances your spouse will be sent back because your relationship broke down - and there is no difference in law unless you have proof you were deceived. Get remarried and be happy instead.
3) If you're a potential sponsor: the commitments you make to support your spouse are serious, the government will come after you as per your written promises, and (again) - unless concrete evidence exists of marriage fraud, your spouse (or former spouse) will not be sent back. The government does not exist to enforce your marriage.

Reactions: edenfair

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
It's actually extremely helpful to have people like you update old threads. If you have not heard from IRCC for two years, you can pretty much assume they've dropped it (unless new info comes to light). Get your citizenship and move on. Live your life, pay your taxes, don't commit any crimes, be happy.

Whatever the circumstances, the consistent advice here seems to hold:
1) If you've landed, you are a PR, and your spouse's threats about denying PR status are usually meaningless - unless concrete evidence of fraud exists. (Likely written)
2) If you're a sponsor and believe your spouse has "done you wrong" - forget it, get divorced, and move on. IRCC will not be able to do anything unless concrete evidence of marriage fraud exists. Forget any thoughts of retribution - you are wasting your time and money. There are close to zero chances your spouse will be sent back because your relationship broke down - and there is no difference in law unless you have proof you were deceived. Get remarried and be happy instead.
3) If you're a potential sponsor: the commitments you make to support your spouse are serious, the government will come after you as per your written promises, and (again) - unless concrete evidence exists of marriage fraud, your spouse (or former spouse) will not be sent back. The government does not exist to enforce your marriage.
HI.. Thanks for taking your valuable time, and posting a reply.
I agree with u. Life goes on.. I think I will apply for citizenship next year, I still have one more year to go...
And obviously I have to try and have that flag removed, I cross in and outa Canada every week and sometimes Officer ask me as why am in the system... It's like gets flagged... So I think I will have to ask them to remove it... May be I will worry about that next year when I have 1095 days done in Canada.

I just wanted to post this that it might assist someone somehow.
Thanks a lot for your valuable comment.
Regards

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
I see many people saying once you are landed & get divorced you do not have to leave Canada. Don't you have the be married for five years before you can file for divorce if you apply for spousal sponsorship even if you receive your PR card?