Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
qorax said:
@ Ruka

I'd sincerely advise u to hold-on, not to withdraw your apps. U had been here a long-time already... long on this forum... quite many valuable posts... which proves your dedication towards our common cause!

The picture that u painted, applies to many of us, including me. Yes, in life, sometimes we might get distracted as to what we r supposed to do, vide what we did. Things might become quite distraught too many a times, we could get confused while deciding... but, we ought to maintain our serenity & take action/s that would have long-term ramifications. This, Canadian PR processing, is one such!

Go ahead Buddy, take your Canadian call... land, when u get to that, AND return to attend your familial obligations. Which would actually be the most wisest thing to do. Settling in Canada could then remain an "open" foray. U may take your time. but "closing" this door at this juncture isn't wise.

I only hope u pay heed to what I said & have't taken any drastic step/s already.

Stay on Brother!

Qorax
Captain Qorax and all other friends,

Thanks a lot for your concerns.

It's actually two sides of the coin. My personal circumstances have a lot changed bro. Even though I spend more money and get the PR and land there, I don't think I would be able to have peace in mind leaving my parents behind. So If I decide to come back for my parents, then there would not be much time left to build our life as I am already in my mid thirties. So what would be left eventually is just traveling and lingering. Life is too short to do all that

So I feel I have made the right choice. You know my parents have done a lot for me to make me where I am now. I am having one of the best jobs in my country. And what my inner mind says is , it's my turn now to look after my parents who gave me wings. And I feel a lot guilty if I make this move. And I am damn sure my dad would be depressed a lot too.

So finally I made this call. I am sure GOD WILL NOT LET ME DOWN.

Thanks

ruka

sau2calgary

Star Member
Feb 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24, 2009 ( NS)
AOR Received.
Jan 19, 2010 ( 2nd AOR)
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
awan
Passport Req..
Oct.09,2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 27,2010
LANDED..........
next yr..may or june 2011 @ calgary alberta
ruka said:

It's actually two sides of the coin. My personal circumstances have a lot changed bro. Even though I spend more money and get the PR and land there, I don't think I would be able to have peace in mind leaving my parents behind. So If I decide to come back for my parents, then there would not be much time left to build our life as I am already in my mid thirties. So what would be left eventually is just traveling and lingering. Life is too short to do all that

So I feel I have made the right choice. You know my parents have done a lot for me to make me where I am now. I am having one of the best jobs in my country. And what my inner mind says is , it's my turn now to look after my parents who gave me wings. And I feel a lot guilty if I make this move. And I am damn sure my dad would be depressed a lot too.

Thanks

ruka
You have been in the battle already, continue the fight and prove yourself that you would be able to win. If I were you in the foot, just go ahead and get your PR. once you get your PR go home and take care you parents. All of us wont live long.. Remember you have started it already and think for your kids future. Anyway, the final decission is yours. Your future is on your hands as they say.. God Bless.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
ruka said:

Thanks

ruka
Ruka,
For sure I don't know about your personal circounstances, but many of us here are in similar situation yet we continue to fight .My best friend is from SL, I am 43 years old ( you can imagine how old are my parents), have a great job with good pay .However I am doing all I can to give my kids others options for their future and immigration to Canada is one of the best option.
I sincerely hope that my situation can bring some new element of appreciation to your decision. Ultimately the choice is yours and I sincerely wish that God be with you whatever you choose.

Amissa

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
amissa said:
Ruka,
For sure I don't know about your personal circounstances, but many of us here are in similar situation yet we continue to fight .My best friend is from SL, I am 43 years old ( you can imagine how old are my parents), have a great job with good pay .However I am doing all I can to give my kids others options for their future and immigration to Canada is one of the best option.
I sincerely hope that my situation can bring some new element of appreciation to your decision. Ultimately the choice is yours and I sincerely wish that God be with you whatever you choose.

Amissa
Thanks amissa,

All that all of you are saying is true. My parents are old and they are not healthy either. If I leave them in this situation we are all going to suffer bro. I definitely know my kids would miss it. But I'll do my best for them here.

cheers

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Dear Ruka

Your parents are blessed to have son like you .... God is great and wish that you get success in whatever you decide.

ruka said:

Thanks

ruka

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Ruka, just a second thought, why don't you take your parents to Canada after getting your PR? My situation is also same like you (and many do). I am also so worried when I think of them. But I have decided to take them to Canada once my PR is finalised. Sometimes we have to take tough decisions in our life, Canada immigration is one of them.

S

shibuya

RUKA ,
In todays world where many children forget their obligations to their parents who might have struggled a lot and sacrificed many things to give a better life to their kids i really feel u are one in a million who has realised the pains your old parents have taken to make u what u r today.
GOD WILL SURELY BLESS U IN A BIG WAY. I SALUTE U MY LANKAN BROTHER WITH THAT BIG HEART.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Dear Ruka!
Just came across this thread. We have spend good time on february thread. Sorry to hear about your decision. As many of forum members including Qorax suggested you to think again about your decision. My advice would be the same.
My situation is somehow similar with yours. But the only reason to migrate is for the better future of my kids.
Well final decision will be yours.

sunnyslietian

Nov 16, 2009
punjab,india
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2010
Doc's Request.
april 2010
Nomination.....
Full docs on July 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR july
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
april 2010
I very strongly recommended u dear to review ur decision ...........i am saying this from a handfull experience plz dont do prejudice on behest of preassumed negative thoughts ,its my persoanl exp to let things happen dont over intervene in future ...................i am not in favour of leaving parents but keeping in mind ur case status .......one i wanna say to u dear ..........UR ON BRINK OF VISA .......U CAN IMPLEMENT UR THIS DECISION EVEN AFTER GETTING VISA ............

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
dear ruka

i have such exp i am not in fever to leave parents, there r many ways to maintain imm status without leaving parents but think many times before decision
saleem

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ruka, all the best for all your future endeavors.
In india we have a saying that the heaven lies in parents blessings.

I know your decision to be with your parents in their old days will itself create bright future for your kids.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Ruka,

We will miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!! A person whom we saw so much dedicated and particpating in each and every update is now going to withdraw!!!!! the reason you mention is with almost everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope that all will be well inshallah!!!!!!!!!!! GOD will be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Ruka
I appreciate your decision,it is very brave of you.
But think again about leaving the canada door open just in case you change your mind.Don't withdraw yet.
Think of what made you consider canada immigration in the first place "your kids"
I know we all love our parents but you said yourself "they are really old" .You can still come back to take care of them,better still you can sponsor them to come and live with you in Canada.
Good luck

FireFlySun

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 09, 2010
AOR Received.
May 03, 2010
File Transfer...
March 10, 2010
Med's Request
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
July 6-7, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 04, 2012
LANDED..........
September 19, 2012
Hi Ruka,

I respect your decision with admiration. You're such a good person with unselfish ambition. I agree with most of them, your parents are really blessed having you.

May the Lord above guide, help and bless you in all your plans in life.

We will miss you for sure....

Take care,
FireFlySun