+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

canadaQC

Oct 15, 2012
Hello,

I am a 2010 QSW applicant who I recently received a request from Ottawa to update my personal history form and PCC. I already sent them.

Now, I got a job offer in USA starting from April 2013. I used to live in US and I applied for the PR from there, but I am back to my home country after my work permit expired. It has been almost a year now that I'm in my country.

So I'm really hesitant on what to do?? Should I accept or reject? Give me some of your thoughts guidance please!! I'll appreciate it :)

Thanks!!!

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
canadaQC said:
Hello,

I am a 2010 QSW applicant who I recently received a request from Ottawa to update my personal history form and PCC. I already sent them.

Now, I got a job offer in USA starting from April 2013. I used to live in US and I applied for the PR from there, but I am back to my home country after my work permit expired. It has been almost a year now that I'm in my country.

So I'm really hesitant on what to do?? Should I accept or reject? Give me some of your thoughts guidance please!! I'll appreciate it :)

Thanks!!!
Hello canadaQC,

What is the current address in your file? If it's still in US, then accepting the offer and being in US can facilitate even more. But regardless of these things, in my personal opinion you should accept the opportunity that life is offering you. Don't rely much on CIC as anything can happen with them.

CyTric

canadaQC

Oct 15, 2012
@ Cytric

Thank you for your reply!! the current address on my file is my home country's address. But as you said nothing is guaranteed sometimes we should take opportunities that come to us. I was just hesitant because finally CIC started to move after a looong deep sleep, and I was thinking that I can hear some good news soon :-[

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
sarat104 said:
Hello Syed,

I have updated the address with CIC. Now, does it mean that they send my application to New Delhi (Visa Office in India) or still, it will be processed from Ottawa?
There is a possibility that they will transfer your file to NDVO. if that happens you are lucky.
NDVO is much better that Ottawa.
in fact you also can request to transfer your application to NDVO.

Syed

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
canadaQC said:
@ Cytric

Thank you for your reply!! the current address on my file is my home country's address. But as you said nothing is guaranteed sometimes we should take opportunities that come to us. I was just hesitant because finally CIC started to move after a looong deep sleep, and I was thinking that I can hear some good news soon :-[
I don't understand why you think accepting a job offer is a problem for PR. Are you even thinking about it (except what you are currently doing in your home country is more important)? Come on!

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
syed_h_sha said:
There is a possibility that they will transfer your file to NDVO. if that happens you are lucky.

Syed
Requesting file transfer is not as simple as CIC makes it look - transfer time, document loss/misplacement, position in queue, assignment to another officer(or dumping on the shelf for a while) are just a few of the risk. I guess he's better off where he is!

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
syed_h_sha said:

Syed
Wrong! File will not be transferred and you can not ask to be transferred either! In case they want an interview with you in USA, you must be in USA otherwise your application will be denied. Only time a file will be transferred is when CIC will do it because they want it there for a reason (looking for fraud, etc). It is called "program integrity". CIC does what is good for them, not for the applicant, at their discretion. Remember, living in Canada is a privilege and not a right. You must adapt at CIC rules.
Also, do not listen to forum "lawyers" around here, you'll get bad info.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
obs35 said:
Wrong! File will not be transferred and you can not ask to be transferred either! In case they want an interview with you in USA, you must be in USA otherwise your application will be denied. Only time a file will be transferred is when CIC will do it because they want it there for a reason (looking for fraud, etc). It is called "program integrity". CIC does what is good for them, not for the applicant, at their discretion. Remember, living in Canada is a privilege and not a right. You must adapt at CIC rules.
Also, do not listen to forum "lawyers" around here, you'll get bad info.
I am not sure who is correct. But I know people who got transferred their application from one VO to other...

may be the rules might have changed...

iamlindayoung

Aug 27, 2012
Trick said:
Some forum member called CIC to understand the meaning of different words.I have copied and pasted that information for your understanding.I hope it helps.

I called CIC today and asked for clarification as to what they mean by "assessed" "processed" and "reviewed"

Reviewed - Meaning they have been assessed and all they wait is a final decision (approved, not approved)
Assessed - They will start looking into our applications, back ground checks etc.
Processed - a vague explanation, but the lady said they put the applciations in process once revieved. It doesn't mean they are doing anything with it....it just means you meet the eligibility criteria and its sitting on a shelf pretty much until it gets assessed.

So pretty much our applications have been sitting there for 1.5 - 2 years doing jack all. Ecas is not reliable so whether is says "in process" or RBVO, i believe we're in the same position. It's just your statuses haven't been updated online.

So lets hope we get some news this month (apparently somethings supposed to happen in February so i've been hearing)
Thank you so much for sharing this. It is very helpful. One thing a little confusing here is your quote of what CIC gave you on the definitions (or maybe you just had a little typo). For Processed, you quoted as ".....it's sitting on a shelf until it gets assessed (I guess you might mean approved?", but for Assessed, you quoted as "they will start looking...."

Anyhow, I guess we should not be too hung up on the definitions here. But maybe we can just understand that assessment is the very start of an application, and review is the next (which may take a long time), and processing is the last one. What do you think?

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamlindayoung said:
Thank you so much for sharing this. It is very helpful. One thing a little confusing here is your quote of what CIC gave you on the definitions (or maybe you just had a little typo). For Processed, you quoted as ".....it's sitting on a shelf until it gets assessed (I guess you might mean approved?", but for Assessed, you quoted as "they will start looking...."

Anyhow, I guess we should not be too hung up on the definitions here. But maybe we can just understand that assessment is the very start of an application, and review is the next (which may take a long time), and processing is the last one. What do you think?

Bottom line is they will process all M1's by 2014 and many will be processed in 2013 so they will be actively working on those files.Probably,the one's who have surpassed Medical stage should be processed in 2013 unless CIC plans otherwise.
Since all files, as per the information will be processed in another 2 year's time .So we can only wait to see who in the forum get's what and when in the next couple of months which will give us an idea by when our files will be processed.

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Guys,

Thank you very much for the replies. For now, I think I will better leave it as it is and play the waiting game. I hope my turn comes early

Sarat
syed_h_sha said:
I am not sure who is correct. But I know people who got transferred their application from one VO to other...

may be the rules might have changed...

Kishan06

Sep 15, 2012
One more update, ecas changed to in process with the message "We started processing your application on February 6, 2013." That date being the date they asked me to redo medicals and pay rprf.

Kishan

My timeline:
-Received CSQ in March 2011
-Applied for PR on 9 May 2011
-AOR and Request to do medicals Oct. 24, 2011
-medical passed since November 11, 2011
-requested to redo medicals on Feb 6, 2013

iamlindayoung

Aug 27, 2012
Trick said:
Bottom line is they will process all M1's by 2014 and many will be processed in 2013 so they will be actively working on those files.Probably,the one's who have surpassed Medical stage should be processed in 2013 unless CIC plans otherwise.
Since all files, as per the information will be processed in another 2 year's time .So we can only wait to see who in the forum get's what and when in the next couple of months which will give us an idea by when our files will be processed.
Received an email from Ottawa asking for a Police Certificate from a state I ever resided in the US. I did submitted my police certificate from FBI and also my home country, so this request came as a surprise. Anyhow, just wanted to update you guys. Anyone lived/living in the States ever had a request from them for the state level police certificate?

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
I thought you should be more interested in how to obtain one rather than looking for who has been asked. Except you don't want your application to be processed

iamlindayoung

Aug 27, 2012
com2canada said:
I thought you should be more interested in how to obtain one rather than looking for who has been asked. Except you don't want your application to be processed
Whoa....Hold your fire right there.... I sent out my request for the police certificate before I posted.