September 2013
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
Tej2013 said:
Tell me about it. I'm at 18 months....i'm guessing our applications will be done approx at the same time.
I'm frustrated with my lawyers who are now telling me, it was obvious that there was going to be a back log when Buffalo closed. They new it was closing a few months prior, and so i wish they had recommended me to ditch this application and go for CEC as i became eligible just over a year ago. I would have had my PR by now.
So am I! I had two options when I submitted my application 1. FSW2 in May 2011 or 2. wait 6 more months and I would be eligible to apply for CEC that time. Since I already had all the documents required and processing time in FSW especially with arraged employment was PRIORITY that time and processing is 6-12 months (supposably)...frustrating!! :mad:

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Awesome. If that timeline for processing different classes is correct, those of us (including me) who are FSW1 and applied in 2011 will be the last of the last. I'm assuming FSW1 will be after FSW2 since we have specific skills/education but no job offer at the time we applied. Logically, therefore, FSW1 is at the bottom of the priority list simply because we don't have arranged employment.

I am now at 22 months since I applied and I know quite a few on here who are well over 24 months. I'm preparing for and expecting this to take another 1-2 years. I'm not sure about this but I would guess that Canada (right now) is one of the only western/developed countries in the world where the mere application process for a visa can take 2-3+ years. Note, that doesn't include time in country to apply like the states or the UK - we all met the requirements for PR the moment we applied and it will still take 2-3 years or more.

Tej2013

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3rd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
File transferred to Buffalo Nov 2011 then to Ottawa July 7th 2012
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2013
LANDED..........
June 17, 2013
Na, i believe FSW1 in 2011 will be treated the same as FSW2 2011 applications. its the FSW applications prior to June 2010 that will be left at the end. Unfortunate for those applicants. But i would advise anyone under FSW 2010 who still have had no movement in their processing should...if eligible, apply under CEC.

bmtoronto

May 22, 2012
Tej2013 said:
I think they'll finalize the FSW apps from June 2010 onwards first, and the pre june 2010 after. CIC websites shows that the pre june 2010 will be finalised by fall 2014 and have given some explanation about how the labour market has changed blah blah blah and those are not priority it seems. Im thinking FSW after june 2010 will be finalised between summer 2013 and autumn 2013. Thats just my opinion though......the details can be interpreted in many different ways.
Hello Tej2013,

Can you please share the CIC webpage that says that the pre june 2010 will be finalized my fall 2014.

Thanks.

Tej2013

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3rd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
File transferred to Buffalo Nov 2011 then to Ottawa July 7th 2012
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2013
LANDED..........
June 17, 2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Click on the link above. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on FAQ 1.

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Hello All,

I have applied in Nov, 2011 under FSW1 at Buffalo VO and in first quarter of 2012 I moved back to India due to personal reasons. Then the Buffalo VO was closed and I did not update my contact details with Ottawa. I did not hear from them but as it happened to Syed, they may ask me for my personal history since 2011.

My question is, what are the pros and cons if I update my address now, and also if I don't update my address?

Kindly reply
Sarat

syed_h_sha said:
My application is also at Ottawa and transferred from Buffalo at the same time as yours...
you can check my timelines in my profile..left side.

till one week back my application status was "application received"
from past one week I am not able to access and yesterday they sent me a mail to send updated personal history since my application date....I sent the same and waiting for their reply...

I guess you will get a mail soon..as they are working on files that they received to Buffalo...

Syed

cygnet

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
August 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
Olex said:
Apologies for a rookie question but what's the difference between FSW1 and FSW2?
FSW1 atleast 1 yr. full time or equivalent to of work experience- Ministerial Instructions Categories of listed NOCs from CIC
FSW2 either FSW MI's NOC or any NOC level O,A and B (atleast 1 yr. or equivalent to of work experience) with arranged employment

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
sarat104 said:
Hello All,

I have applied in Nov, 2011 under FSW1 at Buffalo VO and in first quarter of 2012 I moved back to India due to personal reasons. Then the Buffalo VO was closed and I did not update my contact details with Ottawa. I did not hear from them but as it happened to Syed, they may ask me for my personal history since 2011.

My question is, what are the pros and cons if I update my address now, and also if I don't update my address?

Kindly reply
Sarat
You need to have a valid work permit in Canada to get a PR at the time of PPR.

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
cygnet said:
FSW1 atleast 1 yr. full time or equivalent to of work experience- Ministerial Instructions Categories of listed NOCs from CIC
FSW2 either FSW MI's NOC or any NOC level O,A and B (atleast 1 yr. or equivalent to of work experience) with arranged employment
Oh thanks! It seems we are going through FSW2. It seems no preference is given to either one kind? Everyone is waiting for such a long time.

sdnd2000

Jan 15, 2013
I haven't got any updates so far since last July. Here is my status, anyone knows what happened ?

We received your application for permanent residence on May 25, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on November 1, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Case Processing Centre Ottawa office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
sdnd2000 said:
I haven't got any updates so far since last July. Here is my status, anyone knows what happened ?

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on November 1, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Case Processing Centre Ottawa office. They are pending review.

That means that you will get your PPR soon search your inbox and junkmail just in case

Its just a matter of time but you are nxt

iamlindayoung

Aug 27, 2012
glowingheart said:
That means that you will get your PPR soon search your inbox and junkmail just in case

Its just a matter of time but you are nxt
Congrats on your landing, glowingheart. Seeing your update is definitely encouraging. Many posts here are saying that applications before June 2010 will be the very last priority, but you got yours done already so that's great.

PPR comes as an email? Not a regular mail? Thanks.

iamlindayoung

Aug 27, 2012
sdnd2000 said:

That's not bad, at least it's showing your Meds is received. My status is showing my application is still with Buffalo which is absolutly not ture.
Here is mine situation, FYI:
My application was approved by CIO in April 2010 and they instructed me to forward my application to Buffalo in May 2010.
I received my medical request in April 2012, togeter with additional documents.

I gathered everything and finished up the medical exam and sent them out in May 2012. Files transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa in July 2012. The most recent update I received, upon my representative's inquiry, was as follow:

"The file was updated on 22 Jan 2013. CIC received the documents that you submitted and is doing background checks."