+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

sdnd2000

Jan 15, 2013
iamlindayoung said:
Congrats on your landing, glowingheart. Seeing your update is definitely encouraging. Many posts here are saying that applications before June 2010 will be the very last priority, but you got yours done already so that's great.

PPR comes as an email? Not a regular mail? Thanks.
Oh, I saw some 2011 applicants had got Decision Made already. My status has been like that for more than half a year and nothing gets changed. Anyway I can inform VO to look over my application ?

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
How do you contact VO? I dont think we have a way to contact VO directly.

We can send email to a general email id? I am also going to do so...Let see how does that work?

I files my application on June 14 and got my AOR on August 11. I am FSW2 applicants ..

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
iamlindayoung said:
Congrats on your landing, glowingheart. Seeing your update is definitely encouraging. Many posts here are saying that applications before June 2010 will be the very last priority, but you got yours done already so that's great.

PPR comes as an email? Not a regular mail? Thanks.
it comes on email

paristhecure

Feb 13, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I was selected as a Quebec Skilled Worker and applied for PR in Buffalo before September 2011.

Today I got this message from the Ottawa:

Dear xxxxx:

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada. Your file has been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot in Ottawa for further review. It will be reviewed by one of our officers, with priority given to applications that were received at CIC before September 1st, 2011.

Medical Examination:

If you had a medical evaluation done during 2012*, we will be requesting an extension of your medical validity in order to facilitate the processing of your case. No action is required on your part.
If the results of your medical evaluation have expired, you will receive new instructions to go for a new medical examination conducted by a CIC-designated panel physician.
If you have not yet completed a medical examination by a CIC-designated panel physician, you will receive new instructions from this office to go for a new medical examination.

Case Status:

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· New medical examination conducted by a CIC-designated panel physician for yourself and your spouse. This must be received at this office by: ****

· RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. This must be received at this office by: ****

· Updated details of your personal history since May 2011. Start with the most recent information, indicate your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (i.e. Unemployed, studying, traveling, etc). Please include city/town or country and the name of the institution/company.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee Payment by Credit Card

 Go to this website: xxpaymentwebsitexx

 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed

 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”

 You must pay this fee once for yourself as principal applicant

 You must also pay this fee for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if you have one

 Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490

 Click “Submit”

 Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.

You must complete the requested information and send the receipt to CPP-O. You may do so by scanning and emailing it to the address xxcicwebsitexx We encourage you to submit it by email for faster service.

With the exception of Police Certificates, please submit the requested documents as scanned attachments and send to the following e-mail address:
xxcicwebsitexx

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.
When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

· Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;

· Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);

· Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;

· Decision to withdraw your application.

Withdrawing your application:

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You will be refunded the RPRF if you have already paid it. In order for your application to be withdrawn, it is required that written confirmation be sent to the above address.

Need more information?

For more information concerning your Application status, you may refer to the CIC Help Centre online at xxcicwebsitexx

Are there anyone else in a similar position? How long does it take to get the PR from now on? We did our medicals long ago and they are asking for it again. I am quite disappointed and would like to hear from similar experience people if they were able to get their PR soon so I can decide to proceed or withdraw.

Thanks People.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
paristhecure said:
Hi Everyone,

I was selected as a Quebec Skilled Worker and applied for PR in Buffalo before September 2011.

Today I got this message from the Ottawa:

Are there anyone else in a similar position? How long does it take to get the PR from now on? We did our medicals long ago and they are asking for it again. I am quite disappointed and would like to hear from similar experience people if they were able to get their PR soon so I can decide to proceed or withdraw.

Thanks People.
Hi paristhecure

every one who applied Sep2011 are asked to redo medical and submit personal history....
luckily I misdeed my medical request in Nov 2011 and did mine on Nov 2012 so they aked me to send only personal details...

not sure what else they will ask again to delay the processing...
may be police certificate again.....

I suggest you to get it done and send them as soon as possible...

good luck

Syed

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
I did not live in Canada before. I moved out of USA
alexalex said:
You need to have a valid work permit in Canada to get a PR at the time of PPR.

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Hello Syed,

I have applied in Nov, 2011 under FSW1 at Buffalo VO (I lived in USA and not in Canada) and in first quarter of 2012 I moved back to India due to personal reasons. Then the Buffalo VO was closed and I did not update my contact details with Ottawa. I did not hear from them but as it happened to you, they may ask me for my personal history since 2011.

My question is, what are the pros and cons if I update my address now, and also if I don't update my address?

Kindly reply
Sarat
syed_h_sha said:
Hi paristhecure

every one who applied Sep2011 are asked to redo medical and submit personal history....
luckily I misdeed my medical request in Nov 2011 and did mine on Nov 2012 so they aked me to send only personal details...

not sure what else they will ask again to delay the processing...
may be police certificate again.....

I suggest you to get it done and send them as soon as possible...

good luck

Syed

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
sarat104 said:
Hello Syed,

I have applied in Nov, 2011 under FSW1 at Buffalo VO (I lived in USA and not in Canada) and in first quarter of 2012 I moved back to India due to personal reasons. Then the Buffalo VO was closed and I did not update my contact details with Ottawa. I did not hear from them but as it happened to you, they may ask me for my personal history since 2011.

My question is, what are the pros and cons if I update my address now, and also if I don't update my address?

Kindly reply
Sarat
HI Sarat
it is always advisable to update your address when you move. there is a possibility that they may send letters to the address.

even if you change or do not change, they are going to ask for personal history since your application date. so you will have to update the same.
unless you are lucky they may ask you to provide new FBI and Indian police clearance certificates.

they are processing before Nov 2011 applications so you may get an email soon ....

over all I am saying that there is no benefit if you do not update your address.

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Thanks Syed, thank you very much for the information

syed_h_sha said:
HI Sarat
it is always advisable to update your address when you move. there is a possibility that they may send letters to the address.

even if you change or do not change, they are going to ask for personal history since your application date. so you will have to update the same.
unless you are lucky they may ask you to provide new FBI and Indian police clearance certificates.

they are processing before Nov 2011 applications so you may get an email soon ....

over all I am saying that there is no benefit if you do not update your address.

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Guys,

I applied under FSW2 in June 2011 and got my AOR in Aug 2011. Do you guys think that I should hear something from Immigration?

I see there cases still pending from 2010 and there are cases from Sep 2011 being processes so I am slightly confused here..

Please help!

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
bahadur30 said:
Guys,

I applied under FSW2 in June 2011 and got my AOR in Aug 2011. Do you guys think that I should hear something from Immigration?

I see there cases still pending from 2010 and there are cases from Sep 2011 being processes so I am slightly confused here..

Please help!
I am not sure there are Visa officers in this forum!

PRian

Apr 24, 2012
bahadur30 said:
Guys,

Please help!
I think these Sep 2011 applicants are Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW) not the other "poor" FSW applicants.

iamlindayoung

Aug 27, 2012
Tej2013 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Click on the link above. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on FAQ 1.
Thanks for sharing this link. I see many of us here are having the impression that actually applications received between June 26, 2010 and June 30,2012 will be dealt first. Then applications before June 2010 will be dealt afterwards. I assume this impression was due to the wording of this link FAQ1.

If you take a closer look, they say that "All files received between June 26, 2010 and June 30,2012 will be assessed in 2013. Files received between Feb 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010: as many as possible will be processed in 2013. There is a commitment to complete MI1 cases by fall, 2014." My understanding, I might be wrong, that "assessment" is something comes before "processing". I understand that our files were ASSESSED by CIO first, and then forwarded to Buffalo for PROCESSING (before Buffalo VO went out of business, this was the procedure). So just merely based on the FAQ1, I think we could hardly conclude that pre-May-2010 files will be the very last priority, absent any other persuasive evidence or logic reasoning.

I may not be correct here, but just wanted to bring this up to everyone to discuss. It would be very hard to imagine, many pre-may-2010 applicants have already done their Medical but their files will just be pushed down and end up under the visa officers coffee and donuts. Please let me know your thoughts.

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamlindayoung said:
Thanks for sharing this link. I see many of us here are having the impression that actually applications received between June 26, 2010 and June 30,2012 will be dealt first. Then applications before June 2010 will be dealt afterwards. I assume this impression was due to the wording of this link FAQ1.

If you take a closer look, they say that "All files received between June 26, 2010 and June 30,2012 will be assessed in 2013. Files received between Feb 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010: as many as possible will be processed in 2013. There is a commitment to complete MI1 cases by fall, 2014." My understanding, I might be wrong, that "assessment" is something comes before "processing". I understand that our files were ASSESSED by CIO first, and then forwarded to Buffalo for PROCESSING (before Buffalo VO went out of business, this was the procedure). So just merely based on the FAQ1, I think we could hardly conclude that pre-May-2010 files will be the very last priority, absent any other persuasive evidence or logic reasoning.

I may not be correct here, but just wanted to bring this up to everyone to discuss. It would be very hard to imagine, many pre-may-2010 applicants have already done their Medical but their files will just be pushed down and end up under the visa officers coffee and donuts. Please let me know your thoughts.
Some forum member called CIC to understand the meaning of different words.I have copied and pasted that information for your understanding.I hope it helps.

I called CIC today and asked for clarification as to what they mean by "assessed" "processed" and "reviewed"

Reviewed - Meaning they have been assessed and all they wait is a final decision (approved, not approved)
Assessed - They will start looking into our applications, back ground checks etc.
Processed - a vague explanation, but the lady said they put the applciations in process once revieved. It doesn't mean they are doing anything with it....it just means you meet the eligibility criteria and its sitting on a shelf pretty much until it gets assessed.

So pretty much our applications have been sitting there for 1.5 - 2 years doing jack all. Ecas is not reliable so whether is says "in process" or RBVO, i believe we're in the same position. It's just your statuses haven't been updated online.

So lets hope we get some news this month (apparently somethings supposed to happen in February so i've been hearing)

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Hello Syed,

I have updated the address with CIC. Now, does it mean that they send my application to New Delhi (Visa Office in India) or still, it will be processed from Ottawa?

syed_h_sha said:
HI Sarat