Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
usaca said:
Thanks paul2587 for your valuable information.

Yes I made a mistake saying that FBI certificates from the state... In fact they asked for the Original FBI clearance (because I did not submit mine with the initial application, but I got it after submitting my applications.). And they also asked for the State police certificates.

In the morning I have been thrilled when I submitted online requests for me and my spouse on Pennsylvania State Police website, got the certificates instantly. Amazing service! They only needed credit card information. I got the soft copies of certificates and I printed them.

I was wondering whether it should be considered as original copy or not. If I want to get hard copies from State Police it would take 2/3 weeks.
Usaca, interesting question. Most state police agencies will give you same day service with background certificates but give you the option of getting it in person and notarized; the notarization is often what makes it 'original' when there is not an official original signature and/or something like a stamp mark that says 'original'. In some states, you even have to get your fingerprints taken but they still provide same day service and the option of having it notarized. I personally had mine notarized as original by a notary public when I got the certificate, but I can't say if CIC will consider an online copy original or not - they may very well and you are probably fine.

ehsantjf

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Ottawa-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2013 (PhD info)
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
IELTS Request
(sent with docs)
File Transfer...
16-05-2012 (to Ottawa-CPP)
Med's Request
10-10-2013 (with RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-11-2013 :D
usaca said:
My case analyst is MM01603.
Yes I received medical forms in separate emails (one email for each of my family members.)
They asked for 6 months bank transactions, FBI certificates, State Police Certificates, letter of reference from current employer/proof of current enrollment in an educational institute.
Thanks for your quick response.
Did you get the emails (the ones containing the forms, and the one asking for docs) at the same time?
I've received the email requesting the docs, but I didn't receive the forms yet. :-\

veri33

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
AOR Received.
01-10-2011
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2014
veri33 said:
Congratulations, I also applied in June 2011 and I'm hoping i will get mine soon.

One question to all out experienced forum members here, USACA also got this request too" Updated letter of reference from my current employer confirming employment along with a detailed description of my duties OR proof of my current enrollment and attendance at an educational institution."

Now, I applied under FSW1 without job offer or PHD student. At the time of application, i sent the job duties (for the NOC i claimed points for) which i performed and was provided by my employer. Also at the time of application I was already employed by other employer with adifferent NOC and also sent this letter too with job description/duties, even though this was not relevant. Under MI-2 applicants, you had to have a job within last 10 years and this job had to be on the occupational lists.

Now, if CIC asks me again for an updated letter from my current employer what do i do? This letter will not be relevant to my application because i'm not claiming points for this NOC. Or is this some general e-mail from CIC and they really want this from FSW2 or FSW3 applicants only?

Thanks
Anyone?

ehsantjf

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Ottawa-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2013 (PhD info)
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
IELTS Request
(sent with docs)
File Transfer...
16-05-2012 (to Ottawa-CPP)
Med's Request
10-10-2013 (with RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-11-2013 :D
paul2587 said:
Usaca, interesting question. Most state police agencies will give you same day service with background certificates but give you the option of getting it in person and notarized; the notarization is often what makes it 'original' when there is not an official original signature and/or something like a stamp mark that says 'original'. In some states, you even have to get your fingerprints taken but they still provide same day service and the option of having it notarized. I personally had mine notarized as original by a notary public when I got the certificate, but I can't say if CIC will consider an online copy original or not - they may very well and you are probably fine.
Hi Paul,

I noticed that you didn't receive the Medical Forms in your email.
I've received the email requesting the docs and Medical, but I didn't receive the forms yet. Should I go on and book an appointment with a doctor?

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
com2canada said:
Got PPR today, sent updated documents less than a week ago. It appears it's taking long for passports to come back these days?
Congrats, so many good news these days. Praying CIC keeps it up :D :D

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
paul2587 said:
Congrats to everyone whose files are moving forward!

I went through my medical exam in Toronto yesterday. It was not only half the price of the closest examiner in the US, it was also only 1 hour total (including exam, chest x-ray and labs).

Also, I still don't know why I never received a 1017E from CIC, but sure enough, I brought my UIC to the examiner's office and they looked me up in eMed with that, had no problems.

I also received a request for documents, including a police background certificate for the state I currently reside in (New York). As a former police officer, I found it curious that some people here have mentioned they need an 'FBI certificate for the states they live in'. FYI, there is no such thing - the FBI only does national background investigations. State-specific background certificates are the responsibility of the state police agency. The good news is, the state police certificate that CIC asks us all for with the MR is much easier to obtain than the FBI certificate we all had to get when we originally applied years ago. Most state police agencies can issue you a certificate either in person or within a few days, and some do not even require fingerprints, just your licence and some personal information. Relax - if all CIC is asking for is the state certificate, it will be easy to get :)
Paul, great to know all went well with your medicals. Did ours today, praying we get PPR soon

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
canada.aspirant2013 said:
I submitted my (for myself only) police verification certificate with my application which was issued on July 2009. At the of PR application, I did not send my spouse's police verification certificate.
One of the item in the list of request I have received today is this:
"New original police certificates your spouse from Bangladesh".
Does this mean I need send police verification certificate for my wife only? I thought they will ask for my police verification certificate as well.
Please help me in understanding what they actually mean by "New original police certificates your spouse from Bangladesh". Apparently, they mean that they want police certificate only for my spouse.
Thanks.
Are you both in Canada? If your spouse has travelled outside Canada since your application, they would normally ask for his/her police certificate, but may not ask you if you submitted one with your application.

Fortunate

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
alexalex said:
Hi alexalex
What is your case analyst number?

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
veri33 said:

u dont need a letter,its a general email sent to everybody,,,applicable for fsw2,,,if ur currently not working ,,u need to show what ur doing and written explanation

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Fortunate said:
Hi alexalex
What is your case analyst number?
SN6164

veri33

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
AOR Received.
01-10-2011
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2014
gagan4u said:
u dont need a letter,its a general email sent to everybody,,,applicable for fsw2,,,if ur currently not working ,,u need to show what ur doing and written explanation
thanks, I am working of course, for a different employer and in a different NOC than the one I was applying under.

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
alexalex said:
i got the same Case analyst but no PPR yet :-[,,,they asked me to submit my PCC I submitted it 10 days ago,,,does anyone know how long it will take from this point....I send an email to check whether they received it or not its been week they haven't replied back ...I dont know whats going on>>>.someone pls share

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
veri33 said:
thanks, I am working of course, for a different employer and in a different NOC than the one I was applying under.
then u need to send letter from ur current employer ,,,u need to keep them updated about ur status

veri33

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
AOR Received.
01-10-2011
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2014
gagan4u said:
then u need to send letter from ur current employer ,,,u need to keep them updated about ur status
why is that? current employer is not relevant. what if for example I was unemployed? applications needs to be adjudicated based on points claimed..., correct? I already sent them the letter from current employer when I applied, they want another copy again?