Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Jayson said:
Congrats Com2Canada ;)
Thanks. And thanks for cheering guys up in here :)

veri33

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
AOR Received.
01-10-2011
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2014
usaca said:
CIC asked for the following documents:

1. Updated evidence of settlement funds (showing 6 months deposits/withdrawals history) for myself / my spouse.

2. Original FBI certificates for myself and my spouse from the state where we are currently residing.

3. Updated letter of reference from my current employer confirming employment along with a detailed description of my duties OR proof of my current enrollment and attendance at an educational institution. ::)

P.S. Here is the problem. I do neither work nor enrolled in an educational institute. I am on dependent visa.

I need to mention another thing that CIC is addressing me with a new application number which has been my file number from the
very beginning. And suggested me to quote my complete application number on my correspondence.
Congratulations, I also applied in June 2011 and I'm hoping i will get mine soon.

One question to all out experienced forum members here, USACA also got this request too" Updated letter of reference from my current employer confirming employment along with a detailed description of my duties OR proof of my current enrollment and attendance at an educational institution."

Now, I applied under FSW1 without job offer or PHD student. At the time of application, i sent the job duties (for the NOC i claimed points for) which i performed and was provided by my employer. Also at the time of application I was already employed by other employer with adifferent NOC and also sent this letter too with job description/duties, even though this was not relevant. Under MI-2 applicants, you had to have a job within last 10 years and this job had to be on the occupational lists.

Now, if CIC asks me again for an updated letter from my current employer what do i do? This letter will not be relevant to my application because i'm not claiming points for this NOC. Or is this some general e-mail from CIC and they really want this from FSW2 or FSW3 applicants only?

Thanks

cygnet

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
August 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
ak1977 said:
Please if there anyone else that is about to send his/her passport to Ottawa and in view of these recent delivery problems/ bulk delivery--please use the SIGNED FOR OPTION - it cost an extra $1.50 or so.

1. A signed for mail should not and cannot be BULK delivered. Its a service you have paid for
2. After delivery, you will see the signature and name of the person that received your parcel and you can save the pdf format.

In this way, we can at least be sure it was delivered and canadapost cannot leave the update as '' out for delivery'' or venture to do bulk delivery.

I hope this will help someone.

God bless
Here's the thing, my parcel has its signature required upon delivery. You are right it only cost me additional $1.50 for this service but it never did how it should be.

cygnet

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
August 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
alexalex: how long did Ottawa take to ask for your passport after your medicals and rprf?

thanks

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Congrats to everyone whose files are moving forward!

I went through my medical exam in Toronto yesterday. It was not only half the price of the closest examiner in the US, it was also only 1 hour total (including exam, chest x-ray and labs).

Also, I still don't know why I never received a 1017E from CIC, but sure enough, I brought my UIC to the examiner's office and they looked me up in eMed with that, had no problems.

I also received a request for documents, including a police background certificate for the state I currently reside in (New York). As a former police officer, I found it curious that some people here have mentioned they need an 'FBI certificate for the states they live in'. FYI, there is no such thing - the FBI only does national background investigations. State-specific background certificates are the responsibility of the state police agency. The good news is, the state police certificate that CIC asks us all for with the MR is much easier to obtain than the FBI certificate we all had to get when we originally applied years ago. Most state police agencies can issue you a certificate either in person or within a few days, and some do not even require fingerprints, just your licence and some personal information. Relax - if all CIC is asking for is the state certificate, it will be easy to get :)

shinbukan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
London, ON
usaca said:
Friends

I have got medical forms for me, my spouse and daughter today. :p

They asked for few other things too. I am coming up with details soon. :D
Congrats. That's good to hear.
They say patience is rewarded.
Many members have shared happy news recently which is very encouraging for those who are waiting.
This means it would soon be our turn too.

ehsantjf

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Ottawa-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2013 (PhD info)
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
IELTS Request
(sent with docs)
File Transfer...
16-05-2012 (to Ottawa-CPP)
Med's Request
10-10-2013 (with RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-11-2013 :D
usaca said:
Friends

I have got medical forms for me, my spouse and daughter today. :p

They asked for few other things too. I am coming up with details soon. :D
Congrats!
I received mine today. :)
Who is your case analyst?
Did you receive the Medical forms in a separate email? I just received the general email about sending the docs and RPRF. I haven't received the Medical forms yet.
What other docs did they ask for?

Thanks

usaca

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013
Med's Request
October 9, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Passport Req..
October 28, 2013 Passport sent on November 06,2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 25, 2013 Received on November 22, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
paul2587 said:
Congrats to everyone whose files are moving forward!

I went through my medical exam in Toronto yesterday. It was not only half the price of the closest examiner in the US, it was also only 1 hour total (including exam, chest x-ray and labs).

Also, I still don't know why I never received a 1017E from CIC, but sure enough, I brought my UIC to the examiner's office and they looked me up in eMed with that, had no problems.

I also received a request for documents, including a police background certificate for the state I currently reside in (New York). As a former police officer, I found it curious that some people here have mentioned they need an 'FBI certificate for the states they live in'. FYI, there is no such thing - the FBI only does national background investigations. State-specific background certificates are the responsibility of the state police agency. The good news is, the state police certificate that CIC asks us all for with the MR is much easier to obtain than the FBI certificate we all had to get when we originally applied years ago. Most state police agencies can issue you a certificate either in person or within a few days, and some do not even require fingerprints, just your licence and some personal information. Relax - if all CIC is asking for is the state certificate, it will be easy to get :)
Thanks paul2587 for your valuable information.

Yes I made a mistake saying that FBI certificates from the state... In fact they asked for the Original FBI clearance (because I did not submit mine with the initial application, but I got it after submitting my applications.). And they also asked for the State police certificates.

In the morning I have been thrilled when I submitted online requests for me and my spouse on Pennsylvania State Police website, got the certificates instantly. Amazing service! They only needed credit card information. I got the soft copies of certificates and I printed them.

I was wondering whether it should be considered as original copy or not. If I want to get hard copies from State Police it would take 2/3 weeks.

usaca

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013
Med's Request
October 9, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
alexalex said:
Congratulations!

Give us some meat! (list of docs requested) :)
Thanks alexalex. ;D

usaca

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013
Med's Request
October 9, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Jayson said:
Congrats USACA. :)

Bless x
Thanks Jayson.
I hope this day will come soon for everybody here.

usaca

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013
Med's Request
October 9, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
com2canada said:
Got PPR today, sent updated documents less than a week ago. It appears it's taking long for passports to come back these days?
It sounds really great.

usaca

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013
Med's Request
October 9, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
PRian said:
Good news man
I have not got anything yet
You will get soon.

usaca

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013
Med's Request
October 9, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
shinbukan said:
Congrats. That's good to hear.
They say patience is rewarded.
Many members have shared happy news recently which is very encouraging for those who are waiting.
This means it would soon be our turn too.
Thanks shinbukan.