Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Elnino10 said:
Hi guys, I need your help please...
I'm a march 2011 applicant, medical in November 2011, they are processing my file since septembre 27th 2012, on novembre 9th 2012 they sent me an e-mail asking IF I have ever spent 6 months or more in the US I need to get them my file from the FBI, the thing is I never stayed there for 6 months the maximum that I spent is 4 months and 18 days, I sent them a letter with copies of my passeport and the stamps to explain my situation, they received the letter on novembre 19th according to Canada Post, I sent Faxes and E-mails since then and I still havent received a single respond from them, on the initial letter that they sent me they are saying if they don't get a respond by January 6th 2013 they may close my file.
I don't know what to do I tried to contact them in vain, should I order my file from the FBI anyway? Is there a way to contact the agent that holds my file?

Thanks
I would suggest you to write an email to Ottawa. In the subject heading write "FBI Police Certificates". I am suggesting this because, I got a response on my query. Also, I think you should send your finger prints to FBI to obtain a PCC. They will be able to process it for you. However, you won't get your FBI PCC before Jan 6.

Elnino10

Dec 12, 2012
Thanks for the response, actually my file is in new York so do you think that I should contact Ottawa instead? And sorry but what's does MP means?

bb_imm

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharuu said:
The flow of PPR has begun ... just wait for your turn
Hey Sharuu,

Hearty Congratulations!! I just logged on to this forum after nearly 3 weeks thinking nothing would happen in Dec.. Your PPR is your well deserved Christmas gift. I am so happy for you buddy. Let me know if you reside in Toronto. I would sure love to meet you.

lonereed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Elnino10 said:
Hi guys, I need your help please...
I'm a march 2011 applicant, medical in November 2011, they are processing my file since septembre 27th 2012, on novembre 9th 2012 they sent me an e-mail asking IF I have ever spent 6 months or more in the US I need to get them my file from the FBI, the thing is I never stayed there for 6 months the maximum that I spent is 4 months and 18 days, I sent them a letter with copies of my passeport and the stamps to explain my situation, they received the letter on novembre 19th according to Canada Post, I sent Faxes and E-mails since then and I still havent received a single respond from them, on the initial letter that they sent me they are saying if they don't get a respond by January 6th 2013 they may close my file.
I don't know what to do I tried to contact them in vain, should I order my file from the FBI anyway? Is there a way to contact the agent that holds my file?

Thanks
Dont worry. They HAVE received it.
I had a similar situation before. I sent them some docs and followed up with an email to confirm their receipt, which they never replied. But I did find that they received them according to my gcms notes later.

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Thanks for the suggestion. One of my friends suggested that I wait till I get PR , and not to apply for renewal of CAQ.
If I dont get it in time, I am going to ask my research director to give me a job offer as a lab assistant (he is very understanding when it comes to immigration problems) so that I can apply for work permit.

I really really hope to hear good news from ottawa by end of december.

cvd222 said:
Hello biochemgal09, just a friendly note... I saw this on the MICC website

"If you have obtained a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ - Québec selection certificate) under the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ - Québec experience program) – Québec graduate and wish to begin a new study program, you will be asked to choose between the continuation of your studies and your plan for permanent residence.

Indeed, eligibility for a CSQ is based on your intention to enter the labour market following your current study program. Otherwise, your CSQ could be canceled."

from http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/after-csq.html#studies

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
biochemgal09 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. One of my friends suggested that I wait till I get PR , and not to apply for renewal of CAQ.
If I dont get it in time, I am going to ask my research director to give me a job offer as a lab assistant (he is very understanding when it comes to immigration problems) so that I can apply for work permit.

I really really hope to hear good news from ottawa by end of december.
Wait until you get PR. You will be elible for reduced charges for tuition and student medical benefits, and be eligible for much more scolarships, bursaries and student loans ;)

des

Sep 29, 2012
Passport request:

I got an email requesting to send a passport (April 2011 appl, Sept 2011 Medical). I am excited for the news and couldn't wait to see everything complete and stop thinking all day-night long.

I have to say thanks so much so much to Sharuu and all you guys for sharing every bit of info honestly.

I will keep in touch on the rest progress.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
des said:
Passport request:

I got an email requesting to send a passport (April 2011 appl, Sept 2011 Medical). I am excited for the news and couldn't wait to see everything complete and stop thinking all day-night long.

I have to say thanks so much so much to Sharuu and all you guys for sharing every bit of info honestly.

I will keep in touch on the rest progress.
congrates des.

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
Congratulations Des! Would you mind sharing which visa office they asked you to send your passport to? (It seems like it's usually Detroit these days)

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
des said:
Thank you so much, buddy.
Please share which province nominated you and did you applied for GCMS ever, if yes can you please share your recent GCMS notes. Have fun bdd, finally your stress is relieved, and i wish stress of all members of this forums will be relieved soon.

des

Sep 29, 2012
Thanks a lot, friend. I have never applied for GCMS. Actually, I thought to apply for GCMS and filled the form last week. But I failed to send it last week and was in my to do list for this week. The form is still in my "When will I stop thinking about it?" folder!..funny, ya...That is the actual name of the folder (changed 5 months ago). I am under MPNP.

I am very hopeful that we will all have such a day.

shaikhaffi said:
Please share which province nominated you and did you applied for GCMS ever, if yes can you please share your recent GCMS notes. Have fun bdd, finally your stress is relieved, and i wish stress of all members of this forums will be relieved soon.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
I am happy seeing people receiving their Christmas presents. ;D
It is really nice to see the wheel is turning. hope to see it turning faster and faster...

:)

tank-boy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013 (received 27-05-2013)
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
My Employer is sending me US for 5-6 days.I wanted to know if this trip can affect the BG check duration happening on a file?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
I think I'll plan to do an Inland landing. But really depends on expiry dates for COPR and waiting time to book an appointment.
As I see it I have 3 options (in order of preference)
1) INLAND depending on time taken to book an appointment
2) Rent a car and drive to North Portal. But its winter and I have never driven in Canada before - but I do have a licence. (or on the right!)
3) Since I am visa exempt I think I can fly out, take a day's vacation somewhre interesting and fly back.

Thanks for your best wishes
I have a feeling medicals have been extended for 1 year so might have decent time to land. I will try for INLAND as driving 6 hours 1 way is just too much. Hopefully, get my passports back in january!