February 2013
nima514 said:
here's what I read at the end of my only GCMS notes that I received:
Notes: 7
Created: Feb. 2012
Restricted: No
Label: eligibility
Office: Buffalo
PI has been selected by the province of Quebec. Interview waived at this time. Clean RCMP print check and Iran olice certificate one file. Pending: [\space\space]C Processing, RPRF. MH: please forward to [\space\space]C processing, then to ppt reiew.

the officer misspelled police with olice.
two characters were apparently cleared...I mean **C which I think is PRC....I just dont know what that means....that's all there is at the end of my GCMS notes, created in Aug. 2012.
thanks for your review sharuu. you're such a good friend in this forum! I wish you get your PPR soon...
Just trying to help others.. no worries. Having said that - which date was this entry made. I think your checks have been completed. This wasnt posted when your eligibility was cleared, was it? I have never heard of PRC, where did you hear that? PRC = PR Card Processing. It doesnt seem applicable here... Could it be something else?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
So... I just got an email from Ottawa as I requested a status update about a month ago. The email was directed to me specifically, and they mentioned that my file is in advanced stage and medicals will be extended. They also mentioned that they will review my file in the next several months.

I think when they say my file is in advanced stage, I think they mean that my checks are done and as eligibility is passed as well its waiting to get in front of an officer. They are working sunday too.. so looks positive for us all.

Lets all be patient and it shouldnt be much longer :) Fingers crossed!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Atleast they looked into my file to see where I am .. ;D lets hope for the best!

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
sharuu said:
Just trying to help others.. no worries. Having said that - which date was this entry made. I think your checks have been completed. This wasnt posted when your eligibility was cleared, was it? I have never heard of PRC, where did you hear that?
"Note 7" was posted seconds after the officer updated my eligibility to "passed". that same officer put Note 7 on my file. the due date was April 2012 which I think was delayed because of the transfer on July 2012.

Please refer to page 30, the post by rsysha to find "PRC". I don't know what that means and if somebody knows please share. thanks sharuu for your reply.

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi Sharuu

sharuu said:
So... I just got an email from Ottawa as I requested a status update about a month ago. The email was directed to me specifically, and they mentioned that my file is in advanced stage and medicals will be extended. They also mentioned that they will review my file in the next several months.

I think when they say my file is in advanced stage, I think they mean that my checks are done and as eligibility is passed as well its waiting to get in front of an officer. They are working sunday too.. so looks positive for us all.

Lets all be patient and it shouldnt be much longer :) Fingers crossed!
Pretty much the the exact same that I got on 29th Nov - see page 284. Seems to be the general wording they're sending out. But hopeful nonetheless. Good luck to you, you deserve it.

On another note from the forum - my general feeling is that contacting MPs does slow things down (and may also be the case for applying for gcms notes - but unlikely). There is only so much staff time they can put in each case.

MM_Sask

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
Hi Sharuu

Pretty much the the exact same that I got on 29th Nov - see page 284. Seems to be the general wording they're sending out. But hopeful nonetheless. Good luck to you, you deserve it.

On another note from the forum - my general feeling is that contacting MPs does slow things down (and may also be the case for applying for gcms notes - but unlikely). There is only so much staff time they can put in each case.

MM_Sask
GCMS - I dont think so as it goes to another department totally and in the end they are just print screens of your case! Contacting the MP - well, it depends who does MP contact and still I would say it shouldnt impact that much. To be quiet honest, its not that if we contact them they will put our file at the bottom of the queue!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
Hi Sharuu

MM_Sask
The first paragraph seems a general response but I have 2 paragraphs following stating my file is at advanced stage at medicals will get extended. This makes me believe they looked into my file..

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
sharuu said:
The first paragraph seems a general response but I have 2 paragraphs following stating my file is at advanced stage at medicals will get extended. This makes me believe they looked into my file..
Don't want to get into too much detail here but... I got what sounds like a pretty similar last two paragraphs.

What I believe is happening, on a positive note, is that they have individually looked at out files (advanced stage.. medicals extended). Then depending what they find, they put the case in one of several categories. For each of the categories they have a per-determined set of words. Good, that saves them spending time debating what the set of words should be for each case individually. So it looks like they have their act together and are progressing things. I am more hopeful than I was last week.

PS for those that care about these things.... the river is now solid. Canada in winter !

MM_Sask

buffalosucks

Dec 4, 2012
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

People. please join and share your experience on this facebook page. Invite your friends too. the more people join, the more attention we will get from Media to put pressure on CIC. facebook.com/savebuffaloapplicants

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
Don't want to get into too much detail here but... I got what sounds like a pretty similar last two paragraphs.

What I believe is happening, on a positive note, is that they have individually looked at out files (advanced stage.. medicals extended). Then depending what they find, they put the case in one of several categories. For each of the categories they have a per-determined set of words. Good, that saves them spending time debating what the set of words should be for each case individually. So it looks like they have their act together and are progressing things. I am more hopeful than I was last week.

PS for those that care about these things.... the river is now solid. Canada in winter !

MM_Sask
Now, because we got very similar responses under your GCMS under GROUP NAME - is it PR-FINAL REVIEW? I have that I wonder thats what triggering this?

Its -31 now, wednesday 0 , sunday -37!!!

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
I think, after all, we can make good CIC employees in near future
We have plenty of cool ideas, and we know to make applicants suffer more.

I really hope none of things we hear is exactly true, and we receive nice Xmas presents

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
sharuu said:
Now, because we got very similar responses under your GCMS under GROUP NAME - is it PR-FINAL REVIEW? I have that I wonder thats what triggering this?

Its -31 now, wednesday 0 , sunday -37!!!
The resposne I got was in answer to an e-mail query.

Applied for first set of GCMS Notes on Nov 28th (i.e. 1 week ago). They've not arrived yet, but I will share with you as soon as they do.

MM_Sask

PS Fun cycling in to work on 30cm of fresh snow. Canada in Winter ! Love It !

Curious_city

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
10-09-2011
Med's Done....
13-10-2011(Spouse's Med=19-01-2012):2nd Med=04-03-2013
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013(Got it back on 25/07/2013)
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
MM_Sask said:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Summer is Green
Winter is White
This is White Canada!

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

buffalosucks said:
People. please join and share your experience on this facebook page. Invite your friends too. the more people join, the more attention we will get from Media to put pressure on CIC. facebook.com/savebuffaloapplicants
Like ur username but it shud have been cicsucks..... 8) :D ;)

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
The resposne I got was in answer to an e-mail query.

Applied for first set of GCMS Notes on Nov 28th (i.e. 1 week ago). They've not arrived yet, but I will share with you as soon as they do.

MM_Sask

I hope you are joking about the cycling to work in snow part...