+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

Smilelily

Aug 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

I got a reply from CPP-Ottawa this morning after about 50 days since I sent my request for my application status by email (July 9, 2012). But nothing is helpful to me. Here is the email:

Dear Sir/Madam, Due to the high volume of correspondence received, we are unable to provide a status update to you. The officer responsible for your file will contact you if any action is required from you. Please note the standard processing times for applications for permanent residence within the category in which you have applied are available on our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp . In the meantime, please ensure your information is kept up-to-date, particularly if there is a change in your marital status or in the event of a birth or death in your family. You must also advise this office of any change to your contact information, such as a change in your residential or e-mail address. Regards,

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Smilelily said:
Hi everyone,

I got a reply from CPP-Ottawa this morning after about 50 days since I sent my request for my application status by email (July 9, 2012). But nothing is helpful to me. Here is the email:

Dear Sir/Madam, Due to the high volume of correspondence received, we are unable to provide a status update to you. The officer responsible for your file will contact you if any action is required from you. Please note the standard processing times for applications for permanent residence within the category in which you have applied are available on our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp . In the meantime, please ensure your information is kept up-to-date, particularly if there is a change in your marital status or in the event of a birth or death in your family. You must also advise this office of any change to your contact information, such as a change in your residential or e-mail address. Regards,
Its auto-response reply, you should send them another email. Try to limit the queries in email, one query per email and put your file no in subject line of the email. The HRL address they provided doesn't display the processing time of Ottawa? do you know where to see processing time of Ottawa?

fallen_hero

Aug 23, 2012
curt_cobain said:
Usually you get 30 days to send the passport and received by CIC.

Pls refer to page 82 in this thread where "dothk" attached his PPR e-mail. In that e-mail CIC mentioned what to do when you intend to get married before becoming a permanent resident.
Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I hope there is a sticky section, where stuff like these are posted. This helps a lot.

1. Did your family composition change since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
If any of these conditions apply, your new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before permanent resident visas can be issued. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.
So it surely means, I have a way to plan my wedding and if I get a PPR a month or two before my wedding date, I can inform them of the intent to get married (where & when). Maybe my COPR will expire and i have to do the medical again which I wont mind paying again for. At least my application will get my spouse name, and I have to wait for another year or so..
Am I assuming everything correctly.

Thanks once again..

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
fallen_hero said:
Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I hope there is a sticky section, where stuff like these are posted. This helps a lot.

So it surely means, I have a way to plan my wedding and if I get a PPR a month or two before my wedding date, I can inform them of the intent to get married (where & when). Maybe my COPR will expire and i have to do the medical again which I wont mind paying again for. At least my application will get my spouse name, and I have to wait for another year or so..
Am I assuming everything correctly.

Thanks once again..
Why don't you add your wife as dependent in your application? i know your fear is she might get stuck and has to wait to complete the process. But i doubt your wife will get visa if they knew you have applied for PR. I have seen some cases where principal applicant has applied for PR and his dependent applied for visiting visa and the visit visa application was returned to applicant saying that you should apply for PR in your spouse's application. (it was a while ago, so i don't know if rules been changed since then)

Smilelily

Aug 13, 2012
shaikhaffi said:
Its auto-response reply, you should send them another email. Try to limit the queries in email, one query per email and put your file no in subject line of the email. The HRL address they provided doesn't display the processing time of Ottawa? do you know where to see processing time of Ottawa?
No idea where to find the processing time of Ottawa. I also would like to know.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Smilelily said:
In this thread I have read someone says for Ottawa its 12 months (PNP applicants). I have to go back and find that. If think logically this should not be applicable to the transferred cases.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
goozook said:
Guys, any ideas as what to ask my MP?

Describe your situation and when you have filed your application, then ask for help to know the update on your file. Usually each MP has an assistant to look after this type of esquires and if possible to help them with the processing delay (when the application processing time goes beyond the listed processing time and the file is sitting in idle for no reason). Pls include your land of residence in your query so he/she knows that you are from his/her constitution.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Smilelily said:
It depends on under which category you are applying

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
The reason why you can not find the Ottawa on that link is because that link belong to Visa Office Outside Canada..

I dont think there is any place where processing times have been given for Ottawa. As I believe there havent been enough applicants who applied directly to ottawa and got PPR, for them to provide an estimated times.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Describe your situation and when you have filed your application, then ask for help to know the update on your file. Usually each MP has an assistant to look after this type of esquires and if possible to help them with the processing delay (when the application processing time goes beyond the listed processing time and the file is sitting in idle for no reason). Pls include your land of residence in your query so he/she knows that you are from his/her constitution.
Another important thing to ask is for your bring forward date.

- How long has it been since your applied?
- Has it crossed the estimated processing times?
- Can you please help me to post an enquiry to the VO.

Just try to keep it simple to the point.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
An applicant's medical just got expired, but found out that his medicals are extended by 3 months. The link I provided earlier just verifies what I said earlier. If medical exam expiration is the only reason for your PPR not being given, they will extend for 3 months!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
An applicant's medical just got expired, but found out that his medicals are extended by 3 months. The link I provided earlier just verifies what I said earlier. If medical exam expiration is the only reason for your PPR not being given, they will extend for 3 months!
could you pls attach the link. Below case they are checking if applicants medical can be extended--

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-received-marchaprilmay-2011-waiting-for-ppr-t93213.1845.html

goozook

Aug 27, 2012
curt_cobain said:
sharuu said:
Another important thing to ask is for your bring forward date.

- How long has it been since your applied?
- Has it crossed the estimated processing times?
- Can you please help me to post an enquiry to the VO.

Just try to keep it simple to the point.
Thanks for your help, I sent an email to my MP. I'll post an update if I get a response.