July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
could you pls attach the link. Below case they are checking if applicants medical can be extended--

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-received-marchaprilmay-2011-waiting-for-ppr-t93213.1845.html
Trackitt, applicants jan/feb/march 2011 thread.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
could you pls attach the link. Below case they are checking if applicants medical can be extended--

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-received-marchaprilmay-2011-waiting-for-ppr-t93213.1845.html
One thing to take into account is, if only medical exam expiration is the reason why your PPR has not been issued then only medical exam extension can happen. If you checks are pending or document missing or any other reason then this is not applicable.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
sharuu said:
One thing to take into account is, if only medical exam expiration is the reason why your PPR has not been issued then only medical exam extension can happen. If you checks are pending or document missing or any other reason then this is not applicable.
Its not true Sharruu, you cannot say for sure. What I have heard from MP's assistant (she put the same question to CIC) for inland applicants the medical results are most likely be extended but they will not ask for that immediately after the medical expiration but rather they will complete the processing of case first and then they will send details to their Doctors Board (i don't remember the exact name of the committee but you can get it from CIC operation bulletin that you posted in thread a while ago) with the details why the case was not completed within one year of medical. Then based on output they either extend it or they ask for remedical.

fallen_hero

Aug 23, 2012
shaikhaffi said:
Why don't you add your wife as dependent in your application? i know your fear is she might get stuck and has to wait to complete the process. But i doubt your wife will get visa if they knew you have applied for PR. I have seen some cases where principal applicant has applied for PR and his dependent applied for visiting visa and the visit visa application was returned to applicant saying that you should apply for PR in your spouse's application. (it was a while ago, so i don't know if rules been changed since then)
I am not married yet. That's why I can't add her to my application. From the email that dothk received:

· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?

I would like to say yes to this if my PPR arrives before my wedding in Dec. But if I receive it sooner (say in oct), would they entertain my request and hold off my processing for 2-3 months so that I could get married and provide them with marriage certificate.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
fallen_hero said:
I am not married yet. That's why I can't add her to my application. From the email that dothk received:

· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?

I would like to say yes to this if my PPR arrives before my wedding in Dec. But if I receive it sooner (say in oct), would they entertain my request and hold off my processing for 2-3 months so that I could get married and provide them with marriage certificate.
I have no idea, i would suggest to call CIC call center and ask them what they suggest.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
fallen_hero said:

Hi Fallen_hero
if my understanding of Canada immigration system is correct and in case if you say yes to the question, they may ask you to submit application for your spouse and process for the same and they re-evaluate your application again.

I may be wrong on this.

see, basically they select people who are in a very good health and no criminal background and who adds value to their economy. in the process of your application if you say that you are going to marry soon they would like to check all the above conditions before going further. if you see CIC mails they always insist to update your status about marriage, divorce or birth.
all these are to re-evaluate the applications.

these are all my thoughts based on their rules and conditions. as shaikhaffi suggested you can call them check the possibilities...

good luck
Syed

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
fallen_hero said:

Well where are you getting married in Canada or in your home country????? And to a Canadian Citizen/PR or to a non-Canadian????

If you are getting married in Canada and to a canadian citizen/PR then it might not have much affect on your application and you might get the PPR soon without much delays.

The second scenario is that you are marrying a non-canadian outside/inside of Canada.

My suggestion is delay your wedding plans if you get a PPR very close to December and even if you get PPR tomorrow you should not mention that you are planning to getting married. Get your PR first. The reason I am saying this because in order to bring your spouse here you have to sponsor her and that is a totally different process. This process might be longer if you do an in-land application for spouse.My friend although has not added his spouse as a person accompanying to Canada but he still has to go through police certificates & medical test for spouse which had taken lot of months to complete. So if you get married before the PPR then you will also have to go through the same procedure. If you get the PPR tomorrow and you mention that you intend to get married then they might delay your PPR. Better be safe than sorry!!!

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
One December, 2011 applicant (Aonedoc - forum name) got his PPR today. He applied to Nova Scotia.

gs13

May 26, 2011
Hello everyone, I had applied for PR through Ontarion PNP (Pilot International Masters Graduate Stream), so my application was from within Canada to Buffalo office and when I received AOR in Oct 2011, I was told my file is being transferred to Ottawa.

Here is the Full Timeline as per my records:

Applied for Ontario PNP :Jan 2011 (graduated in Feb 2011)
Received PNP : Mar 2011
Applied for PR : Jun 2011 (to Buffalo)
AOR : Oct 2011 (email received from OPP-Ottawa office)
Medicals done (partial : Oct 2011
Medicals completed (full): Apr 2012
Medical results received ECAS: May 2012
Sent email inquiring about status: 1st week of Aug
Received reply from Ottawa that application is in final stages and nothing more is required: 8th Aug 2012
Received request for passports (to be sent to Detroit): 9th Aug 2012
Passports delivered to Detroit Office: 15th Aug 2012
ECAS status changed to decision made: 24th Aug 2012

Here is the status of my application as per ECAS:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 17, 2011.
We started processing your application on October 11, 2011.
Medical results have been received
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. (i found this status on Aug 24, 2012)

Awaiting positively for the final step now.

fallen_hero

Aug 23, 2012
newbie1982 said:
Well where are you getting married in Canada or in your home country????? And to a Canadian Citizen/PR or to a non-Canadian????

If you are getting married in Canada and to a canadian citizen/PR then it might not have much affect on your application and you might get the PPR soon without much delays.

The second scenario is that you are marrying a non-canadian outside/inside of Canada.

My suggestion is delay your wedding plans if you get a PPR very close to December and even if you get PPR tomorrow you should not mention that you are planning to getting married. Get your PR first. The reason I am saying this because in order to bring your spouse here you have to sponsor her and that is a totally different process. This process might be longer if you do an in-land application for spouse.My friend although has not added his spouse as a person accompanying to Canada but he still has to go through police certificates & medical test for spouse which had taken lot of months to complete. So if you get married before the PPR then you will also have to go through the same procedure. If you get the PPR tomorrow and you mention that you intend to get married then they might delay your PPR. Better be safe than sorry!!!
She is in my home country, and I have to go there for the wedding. The sponsorship is a lengthy process, inland taking up to 19 months (can't do), and outland (for my home country) taking on average 26 months. That's a hell lot of wait. And they don't even issue visit visa if I get my PR.. asking just wait for the PR.

So, the reason i want to add her to my app is that it allows her to get a TRV, and eligible for work permit. I know this will push my process further down the road, and i have to wait for it for another 2 years.. but at least she could come here in an year rather than 2-3 years.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
fallen_hero said:
She is in my home country, and I have to go there for the wedding. The sponsorship is a lengthy process, inland taking up to 19 months (can't do), and outland (for my home country) taking on average 26 months. That's a hell lot of wait. And they don't even issue visit visa if I get my PR.. asking just wait for the PR.

So, the reason i want to add her to my app is that it allows her to get a TRV, and eligible for work permit. I know this will push my process further down the road, and i have to wait for it for another 2 years.. but at least she could come here in an year rather than 2-3 years.
Fallen_hero,

I doubt you will get even TRV for your wife!! please double check with customer service (once they will know you are PPR they will not even issue TRV). You don't know how painful this process is, i have seen guys who are stuck in Canada for last 4 to 5 years and their families living in back home.. What i have heard, Canada has stopped sponsorship visa even for spouses because of marriage scams they rather issue 3 years of visa to your Spouse (if you are PR at that time) and they are eligible to work here. After three years you will then be able to sponsor her within Canada which should be fast if not then at least your spouse will be with you... (plz call customer service). If you go with second option then the only choice you have is postpone your wedding until you get PPR.

Play the tricks safely..
Hope it helps.

noopurswadas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
Im living in the US, & iwantto apply for GCSM how can I do it!? People are tellingme you need to be in canada, but some people applied from US. I have the form, butare there anyother forms i need to fill out?

fallen_hero

Aug 23, 2012
shaikhaffi said:
Fallen_hero,

I doubt you will get even TRV for your wife!! please double check with customer service (once they will know you are PPR they will not even issue TRV). You don't know how painful this process is, i have seen guys who are stuck in Canada for last 4 to 5 years and their families living in back home.. What i have heard, Canada has stopped sponsorship visa even for spouses because of marriage scams they rather issue 3 years of visa to your Spouse (if you are PR at that time) and they are eligible to work here. After three years you will then be able to sponsor her within Canada which should be fast if not then at least your spouse will be with you... (plz call customer service). If you go with second option then the only choice you have is postpone your wedding until you get PPR.

Play the tricks safely..
Hope it helps.
thanks shaikhaffi.. If they can issue 3 years visa with open work permit option.. that would be great. So you think i should not squander the opportunity of PR if it arrives soon, and then do the normal outland sponsorship application for my spouse from pk. In that case, what options she have to come here if her sponsorship application is in Islamabad pk. I know i can call her for student. TRV are very very rare with an ongoing sponsorship app.. any other quick option?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
fallen_hero said:
thanks shaikhaffi.. If they can issue 3 years visa with open work permit option.. that would be great. So you think i should not squander the opportunity of PR if it arrives soon, and then do the normal outland sponsorship application for my spouse from pk. In that case, what options she have to come here if her sponsorship application is in Islamabad pk. I know i can call her for student. TRV are very very rare with an ongoing sponsorship app.. any other quick option?
Glad to hear that you are from Pakistan too..

What i have heard through news that you are no more eligible to apply for PR for your wife under sponsorship instead you can apply for 3 years visa which will also allow your spouse to work here. Yes you should not squander your ongoingn PPR let it continue and postpone your wedding (if possible)..

Again i would say you should verify the info from CIC call center before taking any step.

hope it helps

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
So there are no more PPRs for the pre sept 2011 applicants this week, this sucks. In other forums 2012 applicants are anxious for not getting PPR/ cheering on getting PPR. I think Ottawa needs God blessing so they can realize how miserable it can be if they have stopped issuing PPR :p. God bless Ottawa.