+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

sharuu said:
September 13, 2011
No matter you like or not, yo will get PPR no later than Sep 13, 2012, as medical has to be repeated if more than 1 year has passed. CIC will have to make decision in 1 year after they received your medical. So, pray to get PPR asap, but take Sep 13 as the last day to receive PPR.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

bkd1969 said:
No matter you like or not, yo will get PPR no later than Sep 13, 2012, as medical has to be repeated if more than 1 year has passed. CIC will have to make decision in 1 year after they received your medical. So, pray to get PPR asap, but take Sep 13 as the last day to receive PPR.
In the GCMS its already mentioned that part but hopefully something comes up soon!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012

sharuu said:
In the GCMS its already mentioned that part but hopefully something comes up soon!
Is it possible for you to share your GCMS note in this thread? I am interested to see if there is any clause that says the decision has to be made before candidate's medical examination expires. Thank you for considering my request.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012

curt_cobain said:
Is it possible for you to share your GCMS note in this thread? I am interested to see if there is any clause that says the decision has to be made before candidate's medical examination expires. Thank you for considering my request.
dont think so there is any such clause but for sure they do best effort to complete processing before meds expire.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

curt_cobain said:
There isnt a clause but in every section there is a due date, and the final due date is 1 year from medical. But, also keep in mind that it can be extended. If your background check has not been completed they can extend it.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

curt_cobain said:
Whats the timeline for you guys?

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012

sharuu said:
Whats the timeline for you guys?
Applied for PNP- January
Nomination -May
Federal -June 21
Medical -Nov 11
Waiting for next step.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

curt_cobain said:
Applied for PNP- January
Nomination -May
Federal -June 21
Medical -Nov 11
Waiting for next step.
I shall be getting my GCMS in 10 days so more details will be given around that time..

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012

sharuu said:
I shall be getting my GCMS in 10 days so more details will be given around that time..
Thanks Sharuu, I will be looking forward to this. I was planning to get my GCMS note to know what happened to my file since Bufallo is closed. The call center advised me to wait few more weeks.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

curt_cobain said:
Thanks Sharuu, I will be looking forward to this. I was planning to get my GCMS note to know what happened to my file since Bufallo is closed. The call center advised me to wait few more weeks.
Have you applied for GCMS Notes yet? I think what is happening is that once Ottawa finalises a case they are sending it to Detroit for stamping. I dont know in what order its happening as I have been looking at Sept-Nov Applicants getting PPR while Jan-Apr applicants are still waiting whose processing time has exceeded 15 months!!

amgadgo

Jun 16, 2012
sharuu said:
For all those applicants whose files are currently at Buffalo or in the process of being transferred, lets keep in touch and update each other with our progress !!
I applied for PR to buffalo office through the PNP Ontario program.
My lawyer sent my file the 3rd of October 2011.
I know that the office in buffalo Is closing;
Till now I didn’t receive a file number or any other clue about my file;
Could anyone kindly tell me if this is normal and what the time frame is?
I called my lawyer to check about my file; she informed that they don’t answer her query’s lately.
And she advised me to wait few more weeks.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

amgadgo said:
I applied for PR to buffalo office through the PNP Ontario program.
My lawyer sent my file the 3rd of October 2011.
I know that the office in buffalo Is closing;
Till now I didn't receive a file number or any other clue about my file;
Could anyone kindly tell me if this is normal and what the time frame is?
I called my lawyer to check about my file; she informed that they don't answer her query's lately.
And she advised me to wait few more weeks.
Can you access your ECAS? It has been more than 8 months and no contact from them? I think you should have contacted Buffalo earlier. What I would recommend is that you contact Ottawa and explain this scenario to them. You can not also apply for GCMS as there is no file number

amgadgo

Jun 16, 2012

sharuu said:
Can you access your ECAS? It has been more than 8 months and no contact from them? I think you should have contacted Buffalo earlier. What I would recommend is that you contact Ottawa and explain this scenario to them. You can not also apply for GCMS as there is no file number
Could you please inform what is ECAS? And what is GCMS?
I know that my file was sent as paper allocation through mail.
Could you please tell me what is the contact I should expect from them and when?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

amgadgo said:
Could you please tell me what is the contact I should expect from them and when?
People who had applied in Sept and afterwards got AOR and Medical receipts fairly quickly within 3-4 months. Actually, people who applied in november have received PPR.

This is ECAS:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Follow the instructions and see if you can login and check your status.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

amgadgo said:
GCMS Notes are notes prepared by Visa Officer in regards to your file and is helpful in tracking of your file. To apply for them you need atleast the file number and the location of your file and it takes 30 days to get to you if you chose email as a medium of delivery