File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

rsysha said:
Hope they are processing application while files are transferring.
I havent really noticed many people getting PPR, specially since Buffalo announced that it is closing down. There are a lot of applicants over here who have exceeded 14 months timeframe also. Last year when I applied most people were getting PPR around the 1 year mark.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

sim24 said:
I chose Access to information act..??? Should I expect em or no as I didn't select privacy act?
You can chose Access to Information Act too but for that i think you need to pay $5 as mentioned. Privacy act option is free and that is why i chose that option when I applied.

sim24

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
09-09-2011 (fingerprints)
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
04-17-2012 to LA
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
09-30-2011
Passport Req..
06-19-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2012

sharuu said:
You can chose Access to Information Act too but for that i think you need to pay $5 as mentioned. Privacy act option is free and that is why i chose that option when I applied.
Oh well .. I didnt pay anything coz I thought it was the right one.. They are due on july 6th, hope i see em in my email and I didn even get any email back that I need to pay..

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

sim24 said:
Oh well .. I didnt pay anything coz I thought it was the right one.. They are due on july 6th, hope i see em in my email and I didn even get any email back that I need to pay..
Email and ask them if something is wrong you might be waiting for July and nothing comes up. You can actually save sometime if there is an error you can resend it.

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012

sim24 said:

If you chose ATIP request, then you have to pay $5.00, and they would ask you to send the receipt because they will not process your request without the receipt.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

When we select Physical file, they will actually get our file make photocopies and mail it to us. This takes a lot of time. But, when you select email that is just print screen of your file so is fairly simple..

When I sent my GCMS Notes application i included a copy of my work permit as well...

bkd1969

May 1, 2011

sharuu said:
When we select Physical file, they will actually get our file make photocopies and mail it to us. This takes a lot of time. But, when you select email that is just print screen of your file so is fairly simple..

When I sent my GCMS Notes application i included a copy of my work permit as well...
some folks say only CA citizen or CA PR can request GSMS. Did you ask your CA friend to do that for you?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

bkd1969 said:
some folks say only CA citizen or CA PR can request GSMS. Did you ask your CA friend to do that for you?
I live in Canada so I applied it for myself.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012

sharuu said:
Have you applied for GCMS Notes yet? I think what is happening is that once Ottawa finalises a case they are sending it to Detroit for stamping. I dont know in what order its happening as I have been looking at Sept-Nov Applicants getting PPR while Jan-Apr applicants are still waiting whose processing time has exceeded 15 months!!
Hi Sharuu, I have decided to wait few weeks until cpp-o settles down and start processing Buffalo applications. As the immigration customer service advise me they are in transition phase and may not be a good idea to ask for GCMS note at this stage. Not sure if cpp-o started processing those files from Buffalo, haven't seen any such indication from the immigration threads.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

curt_cobain said:
Hi Sharuu, I have decided to wait few weeks until cpp-o settles down and start processing Buffalo applications. As the immigration customer service advise me they are in transition phase and may not be a good idea to ask for GCMS note at this stage. Not sure if cpp-o started processing those files from Buffalo, haven't seen any such indication from the immigration threads.
Why is it not a good idea to apply for GCMS Notes? You will not see a PPR from Ottawa it will mostly be from Detroit.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012

sharuu said:
Why is it not a good idea to apply for GCMS Notes? You will not see a PPR from Ottawa it will mostly be from Detroit.
That's the advise from customer service, I have no idea how this process works :).

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

curt_cobain said:
That's the advise from customer service, I have no idea how this process works :).
Well, its upto you if you want to apply or not. Whats your ECAS Status and how long have you been waiting for?

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012

sharuu said:
Well, its upto you if you want to apply or not. Whats your ECAS Status and how long have you been waiting for?
Application received and medical received. 1 year.Thanks

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

curt_cobain said:
Application received and medical received. 1 year.Thanks
1 year is still under the processing time. Its going be 16 months for me. :(

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012

sharuu said:
1 year is still under the processing time. Its going be 16 months for me. :(
I understand, and predicting the same delay for me. It used to be 1 year, then extended to 15 months. Irony is now people are getting them in Six months(hope I am not exaggerating). I think it's bureaucratic rather than strategic, Buffalo was so lame.