App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
It seems that my file went into 'IN PROCESS' July 26th because CPP-Ottawa looked into my file on my MP's request.

Here is what I got from my MP:

I received some information from the Minister’s Office recently on your file (some of which you may know already).

At any rate, the file is currently open and in process at the Ottawa CPP-Pilot Processing Centre. Most eligibility items (e.g. medicals) have been passed; however, background checks are still in process as per the last entry on the file which was last month (7/26).

As background checks are handled by outside agencies, it’s tough to get an exact idea of how much longer it may take but they did suggest that I follow-up with them directly in the fall (you may hear something in the meantime; if you do, please let me know).

Once the background checks have been passed, our office will be in a position to further assist the file through to completion.

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG FOR PAKISTANI APPLICANTS ????? :eek:

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
march11pr said:
It seems that my file went into 'IN PROCESS' July 26th because CPP-Ottawa looked into my file on my MP's request.

I received some information from the Minister's Office recently on your file (some of which you may know already).

At any rate, the file is currently open and in process at the Ottawa CPP-Pilot Processing Centre. Most eligibility items (e.g. medicals) have been passed; however, background checks are still in process as per the last entry on the file which was last month (7/26).

As background checks are handled by outside agencies, it's tough to get an exact idea of how much longer it may take but they did suggest that I follow-up with them directly in the fall (you may hear something in the meantime; if you do, please let me know).

Once the background checks have been passed, our office will be in a position to further assist the file through to completion.

haha you know the answer bro!! :)

student3000

Feb 26, 2012
march11pr said:

I received some information from the Minister's Office recently on your file (some of which you may know already).

As background checks are handled by outside agencies, it's tough to get an exact idea of how much longer it may take but they did suggest that I follow-up with them directly in the fall (you may hear something in the meantime; if you do, please let me know).

Hey march11pr
From which province did u get the nomination from?? Also, who was your MP?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
student3000 said:
Hi shaikhaffi
How long did it take for you to get the ON nomination? and if i'm not wrong, one needs a job offer to get the nomination, no??
It took arround 6 months to get the nomination, if you are Ontario Masters degree holder and it has not been 2 years since graduation then you can apply without offer letter, same case for PHD. But if you are foreign worker or undergraduate student then you need offer letter to apply for it. when i applied under later Foreign student with job offer stream though i was doing master's at that time but master's stream didn't exist back then.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
@ Sharru

Does change in address in Ecas mean if anything at all? I have noticed minor changes in my address a couple of times. I'm hoping they are working on my file.

Examples of address changes:

1. Zip Code - 123 45 to 12345
2. House # from 123-A to A 123

I am just trying to be optimistic. I have of course applied just recently. In April 2012. The Ecas status is 'application received and medical received'.

I am just wondering what causes the address to change if someone is not working on my file.

Willem

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012!!!!!
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Passport Req..
13 Nov 2012
march11pr said:

Hi.Please tell us how long did your MP take to look into your file?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Edmontonbound said:
@ Sharru

Does change in address in Ecas mean if anything at all? I have noticed minor changes in my address a couple of times. I'm hoping they are working on my file.

Examples of address changes:

1. Zip Code - 123 45 to 12345
2. House # from 123-A to A 123

I am just trying to be optimistic. I have of course applied just recently. In April 2012. The Ecas status is 'application received and medical received'.

I am just wondering what causes the address to change if someone is not working on my file.
Did you change address recently? I think if there is a change it means they updated some information with it, so I would say someone did look at your file! Be optimistic that is the best way to go through this journey :)

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
march11pr said:

Are you getting your GCMS Notes lately? If so, try looking through the NOTES section! It should tell you more why it went to in process.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
bkd1969 said:
HOW YOU GET TO FIND MP in your area? MP has obligation to help you even you are not citizen and you have no vote power for him? Is it possible to ask my friend in Canada to contact his MP to check my status (I am in the USA)? Three questions, pls share thoughts.
Why cant you contact your MP where you live?

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
sharuu said:
Did you change address recently? I think if there is a change it means they updated some information with it, so I would say someone did look at your file! Be optimistic that is the best way to go through this journey :)
Thanks for the reply Sharuu. No, I have never requested to update/change my address. The changes occurred at different times. One after medical was received. And the the other just recently.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Edmontonbound said:
Thanks for the reply Sharuu. No, I have never requested to update/change my address. The changes occurred at different times. One after medical was received. And the the other just recently.
So, is the address correct now or before? It just simply could be a technical glitch but we always need a reason to get excited, now dont we? :D

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
noopurswadas said:
so what month files is ottowa working on to giv ppr to?
Feb-March 2011 .. Going by the applicants who got PPR this week!

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
sharuu said:
So, is the address correct now or before? It just simply could be a technical glitch but we always need a reason to get excited, now dont we? :D
It was correct before and it is correct now. It's just the way of writing it in different styles. A good example would be writing dates. Now the address looks more Canadian and less American!