July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Are they doing security check on your file? They have assigned my due date based on the AOR date. Since December 2011 there is no movement in my file except transfer to Ottawa.
According to my Notes, everything is completed. Under Group Name in the first page what is the name and what is the last comment under Notes?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Today I got my GCMS notes. My file has been transferred to Ottawa on July 7. I have few questions from that note. I would be glad if you guys can help me to understand them.

1. I am a PNP applicant and applied under student stream. But in GCMS notes under PNC section it says "Stream: Skilled Worker". Anyone can shade some light on this?

2.Under section "Eligibility", sub section "Criminality" it shows "in progress", it's been like this for 10 months. Criminality check shouldn't take that long. Should I contact my MP to speed things up, as my file is sitting there idle.

3.Under eligibility section:
i.subsection "work experience" it mentions "work experience: 0", ii. subsection "work experience - LC :0", ii. subsection "Arranged Employment :0". Could someone pls help me to understand what do they represent.

4. Under section "Criminality", sub section "Police Certificates" it shows "police certificates:0".

Thanks in advance
When was your medical done?

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
According to my Notes, everything is completed. Under Group Name in the first page what is the name and what is the last comment under Notes?
It's blank, there are no comments. What does the "Group Name" represents? Aso what is the difference between the due dates and bring forward dates?

I have done my Medical on Nov 10.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
It's blank, there are no comments. What does the "Group Name" represents? Aso what is the difference between the due dates and bring forward dates?

I have done my Medical on Nov 10.
I think your case has not been looked at by the Visa Officer. September 15th is the next date you should be looking forward to.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
I think your case has not been looked at by the Visa Officer. September 15th is the next date you should be looking forward to.
Could you pls tell me what does the "Group Name" do and is the bring forward date different than due date or they are same.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Could you pls tell me what does the "Group Name" do and is the bring forward date different than due date or they are same.
Group Name might be where a group of applicants who have same scenario are grouped together as we know they do batch processing.. Due date typically means when the file next gets reviewed.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
sharuu said:
Group Name might be where a group of applicants who have same scenario are grouped together as we know they do batch processing.. Due date typically means when the file next gets reviewed.
my due date is march 30 , 2013, that means they are going to look at my file then? FYI, my application was received in Fen 2012........................................?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
bkd1969 said:
my due date is march 30 , 2013, that means they are going to look at my file then? FYI, my application was received in Fen 2012........................................?
Which Feb, and hopefully you get looked at earlier. It seems like 2011 applicants have sept due date and you have 2013 date.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
sharuu said:
Which Feb, and hopefully you get looked at earlier. It seems like 2011 applicants have sept due date and you have 2013 date.
my application was received by CIO in Feb 2012.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
bkd1969 said:
my application was received by CIO in Feb 2012.
So, your file always remained at Ottawa? When was the last time it got updated and was it for medicals have been received? If thats the case its different than Buffalo as they never gave Due Date when meds received was updated..

The March 2013, is that under Application Assignment? What about the due dates under eligibility and other sections?

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
sharuu said:
So, your file always remained at Ottawa? When was the last time it got updated and was it for medicals have been received? If thats the case its different than Buffalo as they never gave Due Date when meds received was updated..

The March 2013, is that under Application Assignment? What about the due dates under eligibility and other sections?
Hello Sharuu,
Just few questions please.

I am July 2011 applicant.
Med's done November 4th, 2011.
File tranfered to ottawa July 7th 2012.
Got GCMS note and the summary that i can understand is like this:

ASSESSMENT:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security:Not Started
Criminality: In progress
Medicals: Passed

Under Application Assignment, everything is blank including due date. But all others listed above ( Eligibilty, Security, criminality all have a due date of october 10th.

My questions are:
How could i have gotten medicals if they had not done eligibilty on me?
Looking at all these info now, do u think all those listed above would be comppleted on the due date of october 10th?
And lastly, any general thoughts on the above status would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tracy

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Tracy22k said:
Hello Sharuu,
Just few questions please.

I am July 2011 applicant.
Med's done November 4th, 2011.
File tranfered to ottawa July 7th 2012.
Got GCMS note and the summary that i can understand is like this:

ASSESSMENT:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security:Not Started
Criminality: In progress
Medicals: Passed

Under Application Assignment, everything is blank including due date. But all others listed above ( Eligibilty, Security, criminality all have a due date of october 10th.

My questions are:
How could i have gotten medicals if they had not done eligibilty on me?
Looking at all these info now, do u think all those listed above would be comppleted on the due date of october 10th?
And lastly, any general thoughts on the above status would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tracy
Eligibility does not get verified unless your checks have been completed, so once your checks are done a VO will look over and say that everything looks good. I believe your file was in Buffalo, and medical is reviewed at Ottawa. When your medical would have reached Ottawa they would have verified and put it in your file. Your actually file was still at Buffalo and waiting to go before a VO, that is why medical got updated.

Unfortunately, your file never reached in front of the VO, that is why your eligibility is still IN Process and no due date in front of Application Assignment. Under Notes, the last comment is about transferring? What is the second last comment under Note and when were the notes printed..

What it seems like is that the VO, has not looked at your file yet. You are still within the 15 month mark, with just over 13 months, I wouldn't be surprised if Jan-Apr 2011 applicants will have their cases dealt before yourself. You need to be patient and wait I guess...

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any other help!

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
sharuu said:
Eligibility does not get verified unless your checks have been completed, so once your checks are done a VO will look over and say that everything looks good. I believe your file was in Buffalo, and medical is reviewed at Ottawa. When your medical would have reached Ottawa they would have verified and put it in your file. Your actually file was still at Buffalo and waiting to go before a VO, that is why medical got updated.

Unfortunately, your file never reached in front of the VO, that is why your eligibility is still IN Process and no due date in front of Application Assignment. Under Notes, the last comment is about transferring? What is the second last comment under Note and when were the notes printed..

What it seems like is that the VO, has not looked at your file yet. You are still within the 15 month mark, with just over 13 months, I wouldn't be surprised if Jan-Apr 2011 applicants will have their cases dealt before yourself. You need to be patient and wait I guess...

[/quote

Thanks mann;
yes... we just have to wait.
Note look exactly as this:
NOTES 1:
CREATED DATE: JULY 8TH
CREATED BY: SOME CODE NAMES THERE
UPDATED DATE: JULY 8TH
UPDATED BYl SOME CODE AGAIN
RESTRICTED: NO
LABEL: BLANK
OFFICE: BLANK
TEXT: FILE ELECTRONICALLY TRANSFERED DUE TO REGIONAL CONBFIGURATION AND THE CLOSURE OF REGIONAL PROCESSING OFFCICE. WHICH IS BUFFALO. SORRY I DID NOT MENTION THIS EARLIER.

The notes were actually printed and updated july 8th and i sent in my GCMS request on july 12th. does tht mean someone had actually looked at my file on the 8th prior to my request? and what does that restricted mean?
thanks broo...

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
hi tracy22k,

can you please share your ECAS status?

does it show Application Received and Medical Result received?

thanks

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

Tracy22k said:
sharuu said:

[/quote

Thanks mann;
yes... we just have to wait.
Note look exactly as this:
NOTES 1:
CREATED DATE: JULY 8TH
CREATED BY: SOME CODE NAMES THERE
UPDATED DATE: JULY 8TH
UPDATED BYl SOME CODE AGAIN
RESTRICTED: NO
LABEL: BLANK
OFFICE: BLANK
TEXT: FILE ELECTRONICALLY TRANSFERED DUE TO REGIONAL CONBFIGURATION AND THE CLOSURE OF REGIONAL PROCESSING OFFCICE. WHICH IS BUFFALO. SORRY I DID NOT MENTION THIS EARLIER.

The notes were actually printed and updated july 8th and i sent in my GCMS request on july 12th. does tht mean someone had actually looked at my file on the 8th prior to my request? and what does that restricted mean?
thanks broo...
All it means that they received your file on July 7th and someone just updated your case. If you see most of us got their file received on July 7th as part of Batch transfer. Hopefully, 3 months is a good enough time for them to start contacting applicants. I think we should start hearing in October! I am getting my Notes in Sept, i dont expect any updates but lets see if there are any updates!