24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
curt_cobain said:
Hi, from which VO your roommate got his/her PPR?
Hi

He got his PR card, not PPR. Well, He got PPR around the end of April from Seattle.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
march11pr said:
It seems that we both have the exact same dates for our files going to In Process as well as file transferred to Ottawa.
So, going by the 2 cases we have we can say it is taking 2 months for the VO to review our files and another 1 month to possibly make a decision. As most cases got transferred on July 7th, it means Oct 7th is when we should expect something?

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Today I got my GCMS notes. My file has been transferred to Ottawa on July 7. I have few questions from that note. I would be glad if you guys can help me to understand them.

1. I am a PNP applicant and applied under student stream. But in GCMS notes under PNC section it says "Stream: Skilled Worker". Anyone can shade some light on this?

2.Under section "Eligibility", sub section "Criminality" it shows "in progress", it's been like this for 10 months. Criminality check shouldn't take that long. Should I contact my MP to speed things up, as my file is sitting there idle.

3.Under eligibility section:
i.subsection "work experience" it mentions "work experience: 0", ii. subsection "work experience - LC :0", ii. subsection "Arranged Employment :0". Could someone pls help me to understand what do they represent.

4. Under section "Criminality", sub section "Police Certificates" it shows "police certificates:0".

Thanks in advance

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
curt_cobain said:
Today I got my GCMS notes. My file has been transferred to Ottawa on July 7. I have few questions from that note. I would be glad if you guys can help me to understand them.

1. I am a PNP applicant and applied under student stream. But in GCMS notes under PNC section it says "Stream: Skilled Worker". Anyone can shade some light on this?

2.Under section "Eligibility", sub section "Criminality" it shows "in progress", it's been like this for 10 months. Criminality check shouldn't take that long. Should I contact my MP to speed things up, as my file is sitting there idle.

i.subsection "work experience" it mentions "work experience: 0", ii. subsection "work experience - LC :0", ii. subsection "Arranged Employment :0". Could someone pls help me to understand what do they represent.

4. Under section "Criminality", sub section "Police Certificates" it shows "police certificates:0".

Thanks in advance

I think your Criminality is in Progress thats why your ECAS status is Application Received

Once Criminality is done, then it goes to In process and security is initiated. Then it depends how much time that takes for your individual case to get the PPR.

that looks like the norm with CPP-Ottawa.

dothk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-28-2011
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2011
Passport Req..
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
The MP just got back to me. He did the inquiry on behalf of me awhile ago, here is what he got:

Background checks are not in yet and the file is in process. The medical is valid until September, 2012. File is now in Ottawa (May, 2012 as it was previously in Buffalo) and is still within normal processing times.

Seriously? 17months are within normal processing time?? they gotta be kidding me..............
Anyway, looks like it will take forever to get the PRP. This is so frustrating.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
dothk said:
The MP just got back to me. He did the inquiry on behalf of me awhile ago, here is what he got:

Background checks are not in yet and the file is in process. The medical is valid until September, 2012. File is now in Ottawa (May, 2012 as it was previously in Buffalo) and is still within normal processing times.

Seriously? 17months are within normal processing time?? they gotta be kidding me..............
Anyway, looks like it will take forever to get the PRP. This is so frustrating.
I hear you .. I applied the same time you did and 17 months is a lot of waiting. So, your file got transferred in May? All we can do is wait, I guess!

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
curt_cobain said:

Thanks in advance
what is due date in your GCMS

sam-canada

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October-2014
File Transfer...
January-2015
What is MP? what does it stand for?
How can he help me and how can I contact him???

I have been waiting for almost 14 months and it would be good to contact him if he can give me some information on my file.

Thanks

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
I hear you .. I applied the same time you did and 17 months is a lot of waiting. So, your file got transferred in May? All we can do is wait, I guess!
Hi Sharuu, could you pls help me to understand the questions I have asked in my post. I need your expertise :).

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:

Thanks in advance
1. I think Student is a category within PNPs and when you apply for federal the categories broaden into Investor, Family Skilled Worker and all that.

2. Eligibility is under process, more or less meaning a VO hasnt just looked at your case. When he does that your file will mark elgiblity as passed and ECAS will go IN PROCESS. I dont know if MP can actually help speed your case.

3. The 0, just means entries or sub activities. You are applying as a student/skilled worker and that has already been verified so therefore no entry/check required I guess. LC means Live in Caregiver, you arent applying under that so no entry under that, the skilled worker is 0 is because you didnt apply under FSW so the check has already been made at PNP stage and no further check is required.

4. 0 under Police Certificates just means no activity under that, thats all.

I hope it clarifies some of the things..

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
1. I think Student is a category within PNPs and when you apply for federal the categories broaden into Investor, Family Skilled Worker and all that.

2. Eligibility is under process, more or less meaning a VO hasnt just looked at your case. When he does that your file will mark elgiblity as passed and ECAS will go IN PROCESS. I dont know if MP can actually help speed your case.

3. The 0, just means entries or sub activities. You are applying as a student/skilled worker and that has already been verified so therefore no entry/check required I guess. LC means Live in Caregiver, you arent applying under that so no entry under that, the skilled worker is 0 is because you didnt apply under FSW so the check has already been made at PNP stage and no further check is required.

4. 0 under Police Certificates just means no activity under that, thats all.

I hope it clarifies some of the things..
Thanks Sharuu. You have always been a great help. I have seen somewhere you are from Saskatoon. I have seen 3 MPs from the below link in Saskatoon. Could you pls help me to find whom should I contact if required.
http://saskatoon.foundlocally.com/local/Gov-FederalMPs.htm

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Thanks Sharuu. You have always been a great help. I have seen somewhere you are from Saskatoon. I have seen 3 MPs from the below link in Saskatoon. Could you pls help me to find whom should I contact if required.
http://saskatoon.foundlocally.com/local/Gov-FederalMPs.htm
Contact all of them and see which is willing to help you ..

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
15 September.
So, this is just my observation and thats all. When my file was in transit, my APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT due date was Sept 1st which was basically 1 year from when my file was created. However, when my file got received my Due date changed to July1st. So, I dont know if VO checked something?

Can you fill in your timeline, I think its going to be easier to look at the timeline and comment and other users can also benefit from it.

Thanks

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
So, this is just my observation and thats all. When my file was in transit, my APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT due date was Sept 1st which was basically 1 year from when my file was created. However, when my file got received my Due date changed to July1st. So, I dont know if VO checked something?

Can you fill in your timeline, I think its going to be easier to look at the timeline and comment and other users can also benefit from it.

Thanks
Are they doing security check on your file? They have assigned my due date based on the AOR date. Since December 2011 there is no movement in my file except transfer to Ottawa.