Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

bkd1969 said:
so, your medical is more than 1 year already. they are going to ask you to do new medical exam?
They haven't asked anything yet, one of my friend with almost same timeline sent an email to Ottawa for remedical stuff because his medical got expired as well. Ottawa CPP replied they will let us know if they need another medical but they usually let us know when decision is made i mean when processing is complete and they are about to send PPR. At that time they decide wether or not to ask for remedical.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

shaikhaffi said:
They haven't asked anything yet, one of my friend with almost same timeline sent an email to Ottawa for remedical stuff because his medical got expired as well. Ottawa CPP replied they will let us know if they need another medical but they usually let us know when decision is made i mean when processing is complete and they are about to send PPR. At that time they decide wether or not to ask for remedical.
Hi, do you know if they start responding to general status update query? When Buffalo closed it said not to contact the VO for 2 months.
I am not sure when to start counting those 2 months.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013

curt_cobain said:
Hi, do you know if they start responding to general status update query? When Buffalo closed it said not to contact the VO for 2 months.
I am not sure when to start counting those 2 months.
My case was transfered in May 16th, and they reply my query in July 18th. So it was after two months of my case get trransfered. But they do reply when you query them through MP.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Someone went In Process today whose file got transferred in May. It seems Ottawa is taking 2 months, before looking at your file! Seattle has been giving a fair bit of PPR lately, though!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
Someone went In Process today whose file got transferred in May. It seems Ottawa is taking 2 months, before looking at your file! Seattle has been giving a fair bit of PPR lately, though!
Hi Sharuu, could you pls point the link.

Thanks

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Hi Sharuu, could you pls point the link.

Thanks
User March11pr - on this forum

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
User March11pr - on this forum
Yes, I saw his post before. His went in process on July 30, I think that's the only positive sign I have seen from Ottawa :p.

PNP stream from 2012 are going IN PROCESS these days and people are complaining after Medicals they are waiting 3/4 months. At first it pissed me off, later I realize this used be the general scenario. I think its been an extreme situation for applicant like us. I can't move ahead for this pr and getting behind 1 year. I can't justify my situation and how Ottawa is neglecting us. PNP applicant in 2012 has been put IN PROCESS and mine is still application received. If I applied it from outside and going along with my life and wait until I get PR, that would be a different case. I have sacrificed so many opportunities and living this province for years to get this PR. I am sorry for my nagging. But where else I can get some consolation? Obviously Ottawa is not going to hear me. Is there any way to make them realize that we should not be left behind and should be giving priorities over 2012 PNP applicants. Look at the example of Seattle.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Yes, I saw his post before. His went in process on July 30, I think that's the only positive sign I have seen from Ottawa :p.
The good thing is it is taking them 2 months to process the file. However, still no PPR from them even after 2 months.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
sharuu said:
The good thing is it is taking them 2 months to process the file. However, still no PPR from them even after 2 months.
I would say it takes them two month to start processing the file after file transfer, however the complete processing depends on the nature of case. The processing time can be easily guessed if guys like you (i.e. people who knows final review is only activity be done, from their GCMS) get know if Ottawa has started the processing. In your case Sharuu,since your file was transfered on July 7th, so by September 7th they will start opening up your file and by two weeks period either through MP or contacting CPP ottawa you will know where your file stands. That info will help us all in guessing how long the process takes once Ottawa opens up the file.

I know they have started working on my file that's what my MP told me three weeks ago but my case is different in a sense i am not member of "PR Final Review" group.They are doing background checks on my file which can take longer.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
shaikhaffi said:
I would say it takes them two month to start processing the file after file transfer, however the complete processing depends on the nature of case. The processing time can be easily guessed if guys like you (i.e. people who knows final review is only activity be done, from their GCMS) get know if Ottawa has started the processing. In your case Sharuu,since your file was transfered on July 7th, so by September 7th they will start opening up your file and by two weeks period either through MP or contacting CPP ottawa you will know where your file stands. That info will help us all in guessing how long the process takes once Ottawa opens up the file.

I know they have started working on my file that's what my MP told me three weeks ago but my case is different in a sense i am not member of "PR Final Review" group.They are doing background checks on my file which can take longer.
When did you contact your MP and were the notes printed before or after he got back to you? If the notes were printed after, and according to GCMS they havent started processing your case then something is off as MP told you they started processing?.. I am intending to get my next GCMS after Sept 7th, so any processing done after that date should show. I am hoping by October I hear something from them.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
sharuu said:
I got my GCMS report today. I requested on July 5, 2012, the GCMS report was created on Jul 11. It was sent to my representative today. Here are some highlights:
First, the medical exam received and assessed, all passed (4 family members). But medical received never shows in my ECAS, even today. This is why I am anxious to get this report. Now I am relieved and relaxed. This is the big benefit I got this report. Thank you, Ottawa.
Second, the status is “open,” nothing shows “In process,” just shows “In progress” Both criminal and security are “Not started”
Third, the due date is 2013-3-30; the medical valid for 1 years, i.e., till 2013-05-02, the date I took medical exam was May 2, 2012.
Fourth, they have not touched my file yet, except the medical assessment was done on at the end of May, 2012.
My overall comment is that they have not started to process my application, my file has been in Ottawa since the beginning (Feb 2, 2012), and in the line waiting for processing.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
bkd1969 said:
I got my GCMS report today. I requested on July 5, 2012, the GCMS report was created on Jul 11. It was sent to my representative today. Here are some highlights:
First, the medical exam received and assessed, all passed (4 family members). But medical received never shows in my ECAS, even today. This is why I am anxious to get this report. Now I am relieved and relaxed. This is the big benefit I got this report. Thank you, Ottawa.
Second, the status is “open,” nothing shows “In process,” just shows “In progress” Both criminal and security are “Not started”
Third, the due date is 2013-3-30; the medical valid for 1 years, i.e., till 2013-05-02, the date I took medical exam was May 2, 2012.
Fourth, they have not touched my file yet, except the medical assessment was done on at the end of May, 2012.
My overall comment is that they have not started to process my application, my file has been in Ottawa since the beginning (Feb 2, 2012), and in the line waiting for processing.
What l dont understand is this...ARE FILES TRANSFERED TO OTTAWA OFFICE FROM OTHER VOs, TREATED SEPERATELY
FROM THOSE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY to Ottawa?...Becasue these PPR thing is sometime confusing.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Ottawa's processing time has increased by 5 months also.. When applicants initially applied they said it took them 10 months to finalise the application now it says 15 months!!!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
bkd1969 said:
Hi bkd1969, when did you get your AOR?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
sharuu said:
Ottawa's processing time has increased by 5 months also.. When applicants initially applied they said it took them 10 months to finalise the application now it says 15 months!!!
Dear Sharoo
If when you applied, it says 10mths, then that is what they will use to measure / judge your processing.
15mths is/are only applicable to those who recently got such letter or something. DO WORRY
PPR will come someday!!!