July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
shaikhaffi said:
Did you apply for another GCMS after May 30? how did you know your files in in transit and will take two months.

My electronic file was tranfered to Ottawa on May 9th and physically it got tranfered on May 16th.
MP found out for me, you were transferred before Buffalo closed down thats why it was so quick. My file was transferred for Final review and hopefully PPR issuance. But, now its in transit and have been told it takes 2 months to transfer! So, I dont totally disregard what the other member said

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
sharuu said:
MP found out for me, you were transferred before Buffalo closed down thats why it was so quick. My file was transferred for Final review and hopefully PPR issuance. But, now its in transit and have been told it takes 2 months to transfer! So, I dont totally disregard what the other member said
Well i will suggest to have another GCMS, sometime MP don't provide complete information... forexample when i asked my local MP back in first week of May to enquire about my file, they returned me at last week of May and told me my medical expiry date is 15th June and my file is in transit to Ottawa... but when i got my GCMS i found my medical expiry date is July 18th and my file was already transfered to OTtawa on 16th May..

What i have researched so far, when file is ready for PR as yours OTtawa transfers those files to US VOs for final review then those VOs request you for passport through email/mail.. therefore its not Ottawa who sents PPR request to applicants but VO which is responsible for stamping the passport.. Ottawa is just case processing centre, files gets transfered here to further process it which inlude Security or background check..

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
sharuu said:
My file get transfered to Ottawa so quick was because of reason i contacted immigration program manager at buffalo on 8th May... she found out my file was sitting idle and told me your file was scheduled to go to Ottawa for background check but some how it never transfered.. imagine of not touching my file after December 2011 to May 8th.. she then realized and immediately forwarded electronic file to OTtawa on very next day and put my file in transfer queue.. thats why it got transfered so quick plus my medical expiry date is approaching..

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaikhaffi said:
My file get transfered to Ottawa so quick was because of reason i contacted immigration program manager at buffalo on 8th May... she found out my file was sitting idle and told me your file was scheduled to go to Ottawa for background check but some how it never transfered.. imagine of not touching my file after December 2011 to May 8th.. she then realized and immediately forwarded electronic file to OTtawa on very next day and put my file in transfer queue.. thats why it got transfered so quick plus my medical expiry date is approaching..
Same here. I had to contact Catherine on May 2012, after one year from submitting the application. The day after, she asked me for my wife FBI!! Their document management is really weird. That is why I will keep emailing Ottawa to get this done.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
shaikhaffi said:
Well i will suggest to have another GCMS, sometime MP don't provide complete information... forexample when i asked my local MP back in first week of May to enquire about my file, they returned me at last week of May and told me my medical expiry date is 15th June and my file is in transit to Ottawa... but when i got my GCMS i found my medical expiry date is July 18th and my file was already transfered to OTtawa on 16th May..

What i have researched so far, when file is ready for PR as yours OTtawa transfers those files to US VOs for final review then those VOs request you for passport through email/mail.. therefore its not Ottawa who sents PPR request to applicants but VO which is responsible for stamping the passport.. Ottawa is just case processing centre, files gets transfered here to further process it which inlude Security or background check..
Under Notes it says everything is clear, there is a group named PR Final Review. Ottawa issues PR but they tell the applicants to send the passport to Detroit. So, they are a processing centre but cant issue visas. I have applied for another GCMS Notes also. We can contemplate all we want but there is no conclusive evidence how this is going to work. With no PRs being issued also is not helping us gain any closure as to what is going on...

ronair

May 3, 2011
hey sharuu,

my file still in buffalo as of june 9,i called cic a while ago at least they gave me a word..

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
speednab said:
Same here. I had to contact Catherine on May 2012, after one year from submitting the application. The day after, she asked me for my wife FBI!! Their document management is really weird. That is why I will keep emailing Ottawa to get this done.

speednab,

could you pls send me private message and tell me Catherine email? Thanks.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkd1969 said:
speednab,

could you pls send me private message and tell me Catherine email? Thanks.
No need to contact her. She will not reply as Buffalo office is closed now

Edm sch

Jun 21, 2012
Guys I received my GCMS notes today
Medical - passed
Criminality - in progress
Security - not started due date 30 aug 2012
Eligibility - not started due date 30 aug 2012

• Any expert thoughts on this
    Thanks

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Edm sch said:
Medical - passed

Thanks
Does your ecas show "in process"? I just want to know what is the status of my Security and Eligibility, since I have "in process". Maybe it means I've passed at least one of them?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Edm sch said:
Medical - passed

Thanks
What is under eligibility? Most go IN PROCESS after that has been passed. This is my take on this... I think once Eligiblity has been passed you are all good, as when AOR is generated a name check is done. If nothing is found criminality is cleared. Security is more detailed and no one knows but the only way your eligibility is passed is that your have cleared Security. It is just my understanding and I might be wrong

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
ronair said:
hey sharuu,

my file still in buffalo as of june 9,i called cic a while ago at least they gave me a word..
So, for the past month it is sitting at Buffalo when their offices were closed? I always thought CIC Agents could not tell you if your file is outside Canada! I would advise you for GCMS Notes..

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Edm sch said:
Medical - passed

Thanks
30th August, that is what has been said that the files will completely be transferred to ottawa at that point. What is your Visa Office?

Edm sch

Jun 21, 2012
sharuu said:
30th August, that is what has been said that the files will completely be transferred to ottawa at that point. What is your Visa Office?

These notes r kinda very confusing , it says primary office buffalo , secondary office - blank , category - pv2. Looks line it's been sitting there idle for months.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Edm sch said:
sharuu said:

These notes r kinda very confusing , it says primary office buffalo , secondary office - blank , category - pv2. Looks line it's been sitting there idle for months.
Primary office is where your file is currently. category provincial nominee.