Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
i sent my Fee last year.... one thing less for them to ask me for...same thing with PCC...send it right after meds....

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
lepatissier07 said:
i sent my Fee last year.... one thing less for them to ask me for...same thing with PCC...send it right after meds....
I should have done that too actually. If I do send them now and then they send me PPR and they do not cash my draft in the meanwhile, they might reject stating that I didnt send them the fee. Just another confusion and dont want to lose my draft!!

I think I should wait for them to ask!!

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sharuu said:
I should have done that too actually. If I do send them now and then they send me PPR and they do not cash my draft in the meanwhile, they might reject stating that I didnt send them the fee. Just another confusion and dont want to lose my draft!!

I think I should wait for them to ask!!
yeah, better, i don't think it'll take them long in your case, together with the PPR. In my case, according to GCMS, they cashed in my bank drafts mid January 2012,.. almost 3 months later after i applied...

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
April 2013 is ways away.. I would actually wait as I think your PPR should be done with before year end. If you do renew it, you need to update your file details which might delay the processing of your file actually!
Thanks. So if I have few months validity on my PP (for example 3 months, considering PPR somewhere Dec/Jan) do you think it should work as I am an inland applicant?

Also if possible to renew the PP, could you pls explain why I have to update my file as this will only change the validation date of passport when everything else will remain same?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Thanks. So if I have few months validity on my PP (for example 3 months, considering PPR somewhere Dec/Jan) do you think it should work as I am an inland applicant?

Also if possible to renew the PP, could you pls explain why I have to update my file as this will only change the validation date of passport when everything else will remain same?
I cant remember who, but there was someone who was in the exact same scenario. What happened with him was he got PPR but when he got ppr his passport was with embassy in the middle of renewal. He then sent them the new passport.

Its always a good thing to keep them updated.. When you will renew your passport wont it change the passport number going from your manual to machine readable passport? I think in the forms you had filled, there was a place where you put this in. I think it even goes into the nomination certificate?

I think its best to confirm with Ottawa..

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
I cant remember who, but there was someone who was in the exact same scenario. What happened with him was he got PPR but when he got ppr his passport was with embassy in the middle of renewal. He then sent them the new passport.

Its always a good thing to keep them updated.. When you will renew your passport wont it change the passport number going from your manual to machine readable passport? I think in the forms you had filled, there was a place where you put this in. I think it even goes into the nomination certificate?

I think its best to confirm with Ottawa..
Sorry I probably didn't explain adequately my situation. There is two option--either I need get a new passport (machine readable) or just renew the existing one (in this case the passport number will remain same). I have seen circulation that from last year they are only giving the new passport not renewing the existing one. But someone told me if I explain them my situation they can make an exception.

So I will try to renew the existing one. I know for new passport I have to update them, as this is a different number. But if I am able to renew the existing one do I still have to update Ottawa? Certainly I don't want any delay at this stage. Please let me know, it will be great help.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Sorry I probably didn't explain adequately my situation. There is two option--either I need get a new passport (machine readable) or just renew the existing one (in this case the passport number will remain same). I have seen circulation that from last year they are only giving the new passport not renewing the existing one. But someone told me if I explain them my situation they can make an exception.

So I will try to renew the existing one. I know for new passport I have to update them, as this is a different number. But if I am able to renew the existing one do I still have to update Ottawa? Certainly I don't want any delay at this stage. Please let me know, it will be great help.
Any change you make to the documents you used when you applied initially, any changes to that Ottawa should know about it. Thats just my personal opinion. Again, I think you will get PPR hopefully by december so you wouldnt even need to worry about it

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
Any change you make to the documents you used when you applied initially, any changes to that Ottawa should know about it. Thats just my personal opinion. Again, I think you will get PPR hopefully by december so you wouldnt even need to worry about it
Thanks very much. I am also hopeful it wont take more than Dec. The problem is we haven't seen any PPR for July 7 transfer cases, also only 3 PPR for May transfer cases. Its comforting when you see people are getting ppr, even you may not have your queue soon. You can at least predict. Anyway 3/4 months is a good time line to see some PPR. Hope tomorrow and the day after tomorrow (PPR day/Tuesday :)) will bring us some good news.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Thanks very much. I am also hopeful it wont take more than Dec. The problem is we haven't seen any PPR for July 7 transfer cases, also only 3 PPR for May transfer cases. Its comforting when you see people are getting ppr, even you may not have your queue soon. You can at least predict. Anyway 3/4 months is a good time line to see some PPR. Hope tomorrow and the day after tomorrow (PPR day/Tuesday :)) will bring us some good news.
I hope so too buddy... It shouldnt take more than 4-5 months. The way I see it is, 3 months have passed since our files got transferred. Its sufficient time to organize and evaluate the cases. I think it shouldnt be long, its the wait thats just makes it more difficult. I think in October we shall be hearing something...

Getting GCMS soon?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Has anyone's status gone to In Process whose a July 7th transfer? If so, that means they have started looking at our file. However, I doubt it at this point. It looks like another 1-2 month more wait!!!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Next month I will get my second GCMS.
I will try to get one also as it has been 3 months since files got transferred! Atleast, some movement should be there - I doubt something before November though!!

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
Hello Guys ,

I would be applying for my GCMS for the 1st time this week.
I just reviewd pg 16 of this forum.

Just confused about something in order to submit the form
via email. Do they need the scanned copy of the form with our signature
or we just have to send them an email with the requested information?

I haven't paid the fees but I am guessing that there might be
some kind of pdf file generated for the transaction made so I would
need to attach that as well. Is that correct?

Waiting for your replies.....

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
newbie1982 said:
Hello Guys ,

I would be applying for my GCMS for the 1st time this week.
I just reviewd pg 16 of this forum.

Just confused about something in order to submit the form
via email. Do they need the scanned copy of the form with our signature
or we just have to send them an email with the requested information?

I haven't paid the fees but I am guessing that there might be
some kind of pdf file generated for the transaction made so I would
need to attach that as well. Is that correct?

Waiting for your replies.....

Question 1) Where do you live in Canada or out of?
If inside canada you don't have to pay!

Question 2) You fill out the form and scan and ssubmit via email..
30 days after you will get your report!