July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
how do you know its the fiscal year they follow?
Exactly..We dont know their fiscal year. Some say its from April some say its January!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
I personally dont think it can be quota system as per nationalities. I think it might occur by province, for instance if Alberta is growing more PRs over there, that seems logical. But, my country I have my reservations!

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
curt_cobain said:
I have seen it somewhere in this forum. But you are right, I can't say that its a fact. Its a guess.
I see..

hmmm well no one can be certain but definitely a quota system does make sense for CIC. From what I understand, their policy is to have multiculturalism rather than couple of nationalities dominating the immigration applications. Just a thought to keep this factor in mind as well. Its not on the website in so many words but it might be an internal process.

Regardless of this, good luck to everyone. Sooner or later, good news will come ;D

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
sharuu said:
I personally dont think it can be quota system as per nationalities. I think it might occur by province, for instance if Alberta is growing more PRs over there, that seems logical. But, my country I have my reservations!
Well i don't think either there is quota per nationalities, however i know US has such policy in their immigration system. Yes, as far as i know they have quota per each province and that quota changes every year. Sharru if you don't mind whats your country of origin??

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
just out of curiosity, you just mentioned the "quota by province"-thing, and, i've seen now that canada has for every province its own PR/FSW rules as well, is it in the US the same?

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
lepatissier07 said:
just out of curiosity, you just mentioned the "quota by province"-thing, and, i've seen now that canada has for every province its own PR/FSW rules as well, is it in the US the same?
I have heard from my friend in US it's "quota by nationality".

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
suduko said:
I see..

hmmm well no one can be certain but definitely a quota system does make sense for CIC. From what I understand, their policy is to have multiculturalism rather than couple of nationalities dominating the immigration applications. Just a thought to keep this factor in mind as well. Its not on the website in so many words but it might be an internal process.

Regardless of this, good luck to everyone. Sooner or later, good news will come ;D
You may find below links handy...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/economic.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/operational.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/index.asp

Some quarterly stats...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2011-Q2/index.asp

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
Exactly..We dont know their fiscal year. Some say its from April some say its January!
Pls see the attached link. Its quoted "The processing times for the Canadian Experience Class and Live-in Caregiver Class are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012. Processing times are subject to change."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp

That's why I think it was guessed as July to June. Still its not a fact.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Pls see the attached link. Its quoted "The processing times for the Canadian Experience Class and Live-in Caregiver Class are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012. Processing times are subject to change."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp

That's why I think it was guessed as July to June. Still its not a fact.
I think you are mixing two different things. CIC has a budget, also how many workers it can allow to immigrate. That is what a fiscal year means, and we dont know when that year starts. The link you said to me is just providing us with a timeline of the most recent applicants, this is not based on the fiscal year but just provides us with the most updated processing timelines.

I do not know when the fiscal year starts, it actually could just be from July to June which you mentioning, but not because of the reason you are mentioning. But, I do remember somewhere I think it starts in April.

Just my two cents :)

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
I think you are mixing two different things. CIC has a budget, also how many workers it can allow to immigrate. That is what a fiscal year means, and we dont know when that year starts. The link you said to me is just providing us with a timeline of the most recent applicants, this is not based on the fiscal year but just provides us with the most updated processing timelines.

I do not know when the fiscal year starts, it actually could just be from July to June which you mentioning, but not because of the reason you are mentioning.

Just my two cents :)
Okay I see :).

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Well, guys September is here !! I hope now we start looking at some PPR coming through!!

Fingers Crossed! :)

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
sharuu said:
Well, guys September is here !! I hope now we start looking at some PPR coming through!!

Fingers Crossed! :)
yeah man.......best of luck to everyone....lets see who will be the first domino :)

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
yeah man.......best of luck to everyone....lets see who will be the first domino :)
I hope we all get good news before September.. and who will be the first one. Well, sorry to disappoint you guys we all know whose going to be the first one ;) hahaha

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
sharuu said:
I hope we all get good news before September.. and who will be the first one. Well, sorry to disappoint you guys we all know whose going to be the first one ;) hahaha

;D you deserve it man......

one interesting observation from Ottawa....

Someone I know applied after 1.5 months of my application to buffalo. she also got the AOR + meds from CPP-Ottawa after 1.5 months of me and again went in process round about 1 month after me.....once it went to in process the visa officer asked for some documents....exactly same day as it went to in process....she has sent them now but no reply yet.

anyways, point is that, if its CPP-Ottawa, then in process really means some visa officer is assigned who checks all the documents. now the question is, does he initiate bg checks at that time? or once they are complete, then a visa officer is assigned.

for Buffalo, pretty much at the end of everything, VO was assigned and in process appeared. then shortly after that PPR.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
;D you deserve it man......

one interesting observation from Ottawa....

Someone I know applied after 1.5 months of my application to buffalo. she also got the AOR + meds from CPP-Ottawa after 1.5 months of me and again went in process round about 1 month after me.....once it went to in process the visa officer asked for some documents....exactly same day as it went to in process....she has sent them now but no reply yet.

anyways, point is that, if its CPP-Ottawa, then in process really means some visa officer is assigned who checks all the documents. now the question is, does he initiate bg checks at that time? or once they are complete, then a visa officer is assigned.

for Buffalo, pretty much at the end of everything, VO was assigned and in process appeared. then shortly after that PPR.
LOL.. Havent I been saying the same thing since the starting? Background checks are started once AOR is issued actually, The reason she went IN PROCESS is because only thing that might be left are those documents.. For Buffalo those who went In Process late, it just mean PPR is around the corner.