February 2013
newbie1982 said:
Hello Guys !!!

I am Quebec selected skilled worker
My timeline is
Nov 16,2011-Application Filed
March 18,2012 -AOR and medical request.
March 23, 2012- Medical.
In April Status changed to Medical Received.

On June 11, 2012 Status changed to PR.
Nothing after that.

My question to you guys is that I want to contact my local MP for requesting updates on my file.
even though I have not crossed the processing times for this class of immigrants.

I know who is my local MP. Should I visit the office or contact through email or phone?

I want to ask whether when was my file transferred to Ottawa?

What is the due date on my file?

I updated the mailing address by giving CIC a call. They also told me
to contact your visa office to update the mailing address but no response
was sent from buffalo office at that time . This was way back in April I think.
Now I contacted Ottawa but no response yet.

The website does not give the processing times for Ottawa?
And what from what date the processing time begins the day of the transfer or they
see when was the application was filed?

Any other info should I ask that would help me in predicting the date for PPR?

Waiting for ur reply guys!!!!
It has been 10 months since you applied, most of the times MP will ask you if the case is within the processing timelines. As advised by Curt, GCMS is a better option for you and much more detailed.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
sharuu said:
May 3rd all my checks were completed and eligibility was passed, and 11 days later it resulted in IN PROCESS. If my file would have remained in Buffalo, I would have gotten PPR in May itself.

Hi Sharu,

I have noticed that one user on the forum reported he is in process since June 11 but his MP told him that background checks are still ongoing....

According to your observation, you always suggest that once Eligibility is complete for PNP, that means all checks are complete and that in turn means In Process status.

I think in process means background checks are ongoing. If for some one the checks are fast, depending upon nationality and history, PPR is fairly quick. otherwise you are stuck in this status for good 7-8 months.

any comments man...thanks a lot

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
Great answer Curt..You are becoming a guru now :D
Thanks for the compliment. Well I have learned from you guys and from this forum a lot. Now spending most of the time in this thread and while I am here it feels good to help others.

newbrunswicker

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
newbie1982 said:
Hello Guys !!!

I am Quebec selected skilled worker
My timeline is
Nov 16,2011-Application Filed
March 18,2012 -AOR and medical request.
March 23, 2012- Medical.
In April Status changed to Medical Received.

On June 11, 2012 Status changed to PR.
Nothing after that.

My question to you guys is that I want to contact my local MP for requesting updates on my file.
even though I have not crossed the processing times for this class of immigrants.

I know who is my local MP. Should I visit the office or contact through email or phone?

I want to ask whether when was my file transferred to Ottawa?

What is the due date on my file?

I updated the mailing address by giving CIC a call. They also told me
to contact your visa office to update the mailing address but no response
was sent from buffalo office at that time . This was way back in April I think.
Now I contacted Ottawa but no response yet.

The website does not give the processing times for Ottawa?
And what from what date the processing time begins the day of the transfer or they
see when was the application was filed?

Any other info should I ask that would help me in predicting the date for PPR?

Waiting for ur reply guys!!!!
Hey Buddy,

The best thing is to wait. I think it delays the process more if you bother VO too much. I know few people, who never contacted VO and got PRs in less than 6 months. I contacted VO too many times and now I am stuck, so be patient and wait. The bottom of the story is that contacting visa offices does not expedite the process, so why bother. If ordering GCMS notes gave you the exact date for PPR, then you won't find us checking this forum 10 times a day. LOL.. Good Luck.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
May 3rd all my checks were completed and eligibility was passed, and 11 days later it resulted in IN PROCESS. If my file would have remained in Buffalo, I would have gotten PPR in May itself.
Your case is interesting....Suduku hinted cap on nationality ( I have never seen in CIC bulletin/website mentioning such thing, but there could be some hidden cap). Do you know anyone from Pakistan get PPR in any given category recently? Also the count down should be from July-June fiscal year.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
Hi Sharu,

I have noticed that one user on the forum reported he is in process since June 11 but his MP told him that background checks are still ongoing....

According to your observation, you always suggest that once Eligibility is complete for PNP, that means all checks are complete and that in turn means In Process status.

I think in process means background checks are ongoing. If for some one the checks are fast, depending upon nationality and history, PPR is fairly quick. otherwise you are stuck in this status for good 7-8 months.

Goto trackitt and look for user persiant under CEC. He was in process for a long time, PR FINAL REVIEW in his GCMS. He contacted his MP recently and was told background checks are done. In 1 week he got his PPR..

Usually, If you were a Buffalo applicant and went In Process after a long time it means that checks are completed and eligiblity has passed. This happened in my case and a few others who were pre sep applicants.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
Hi Sharu,

I have been in process since 4 months, but for 3 of the months no work was done as file being transferred. The only reason I havent gotten PPR is the file hasnt gotten in front of VO as its in queue and not because my checks arent completed.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Your case is interesting....Suduku hinted cap on nationality ( I have never seen in CIC bulletin/website mentioning such thing, but there could be some hidden cap). Do you know anyone from Pakistan get PPR in any given category recently? Also the count down should be from July-June fiscal year.
[/quote
Are you from Pakistan? In CEC, COBHC got PPR recently and he is from there.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
sharuu said:
I have been in process since 4 months, but for 3 of the months no work was done as file being transferred. The only reason I havent gotten PPR is the file hasnt gotten in front of VO as its in queue and not because my checks arent completed.
Another thing Sharuu, do you know if applicants for which processing was complete, they were transferred to LA, NY, Seattle or Detroit bypassing Ottawa ?

If your processing was complete, why would they send to Ottawa and not to other places in US. Just coincidence?

noopurswadas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
if buffalo was still open ithink we all wouldve gotten our pprs by now. Iremember before my aunt and uncles got their ppr in less than one month.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
noopurswadas said:
if buffalo was still open ithink we all wouldve gotten our pprs by now. Iremember before my aunt and uncles got their ppr in less than one month.
Buffalo screwed us badly, I guess they have stopped working from March when they came to know they are going to shutdown the VO. A total waste of 6 to 8 months. :mad:

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
curt_cobain said:
[/quote
Are you from Pakistan? In CEC, COBHC got PPR recently and he is from there.
Nop. I was curious about the cap factor. I don't think they will apply it at this stage, as they are running the first quarter of the fiscal year.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
curt_cobain said:
Nop. I was curious about the cap factor. I don't think they will apply it at this stage, as they are running the first quarter of the fiscal year.

how do you know its the fiscal year they follow?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
Another thing Sharuu, do you know if applicants for which processing was complete, they were transferred to LA, NY, Seattle or Detroit bypassing Ottawa ?

If your processing was complete, why would they send to Ottawa and not to other places in US. Just coincidence?
I dont know the decisions are made at CIC.. I think it might have to do with the heavy workload. Like after Sept. Ottawa was processing the entire application, vo in USA were just finalising it, thus, it made sense to send it to LA or Seattle to take the workload off Buffalo and Ottawa. Secondly, only VO outside Canada can issue PR Visa anyways so that kind of makes sense..