05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
OhWow said:
I just spoke to an agent of CIC. He told me that they are currently working on August 28th (online) applications, how it is described on their website.

I told him, I was concerned, because the 132 days are already over, but he said, the days have nothing to do with it, we need to keep an eye on the current date only. The days only relate to the current date, I guess.

However, being on implied status will not change the conditions of the work permit. If you are currently on an open work permit, you can proceed as usual, and even change jobs.
I applied for BOWP online on August 22. Did not get any updates on my application yet.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
OhWow said:
I just logged into MyCIC and saw that my BOWP status was "Updated". When I opened the case and returned to the Welcome page, it showed "Submitted" again.

It's Monday morning/night, way too early to have an update (or is it a possible batch?), and I don't think they worked on Sunday. Anyhow, I had the same when I applied for my first BOWP last year. Hoping for the best later today. (September 5 applicant)
I hope my file is next after you. Applied on September 6 online. Please let us know your status

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
AEE11 said:
I hope my file is next after you. Applied on September 6 online. Please let us know your status
Well, I called CIC today. He told me, wait for 2 weeks. If nothing happens, call again. Ha! :eek: Even if I can keep working with my current BOWP, I need the new one badly, because new employers always feel safer with it. And damn, I've got life changing options right now that I've been waiting and working hard for for such a long time now. Why would they care?! Maybe they don't want my taxes of the money I could make. Their loss. ...

Good question. How much does Canada lose in income taxes of hard working immigrants who wait to make a living in Canada again while CIC is slowed down?

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
OhWow said:
Well, I called CIC today. He told me, wait for 2 weeks. If nothing happens, call again. Ha! :eek: Even if I can keep working with my current BOWP, I need the new one badly, because new employers always feel safer with it. And damn, I've got life changing options right now that I've been waiting and working hard for for such a long time now. Why would they care?! Maybe they don't want my taxes of the money I could make. Their loss. ...

Good question. How much does Canada lose in income taxes of hard working immigrants who wait to make a living in Canada again while CIC is slowed down?
Can't say how much they have lost but sure that will be a big number. Wait for 2 weeks? thats really long time

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
LOL, there must be a major error on the processing time page. It says

"Working on applications received on January 21, 2016.". Nice, you get it within less than 24 hours. ;D

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
OhWow said:

"Working on applications received on January 21, 2016.". Nice, you get it within less than 24 hours. ;D
Don't you know that CIC is very efficient!

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
OhWow said:

Seriously, can't they even write a proper date, just a simple copy paste and that too they mess it up

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Ok, so what date does it comes when they are saying 139 days? previously it was some 132 days right?

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
AEE11 said:
Ok, so what date does it comes when they are saying 139 days? previously it was some 132 days right?
This means they have not done anything during the last week as they update the processing time weekly!

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Like I said, I was told not to look at the days but the date. LOL ... Anyhow, considering the days, I would get it tomorrow. Dream on.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
OhWow said:
Like I said, I was told not to look at the days but the date. LOL ... Anyhow, considering the days, I would get it tomorrow. Dream on.
I think this is the time for us to call them and bug them. Just ask them where is my permit. If they ask about the date tell them they are processing today files.

rossco2501

Jan 6, 2016
It sounds like BOWP processing has come to a stop. Hasn't changed much in 2016.

You'd hope that they are bringing in some additional staff - I'm surprised they aren't concerned about these processing times considering there will be a lot of people on 'implied status' just now.

Has anyone on here received their BOWP in the last 2 weeks?