+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
thisisauser said:
They only do email for online applications, which is really an email notifying you that you have a message on MyCIC.

For paper applications, the automated call centre will tell you whether and when they have received your application. In case it's been issued the automated system will tell you the date of issue as well (not sure about refusal).

Once you know it's been issued you can get an actual person on the call who will be able to read you the details including the WP# and validity period.
Oh i see.. I guess I was never worried about not getting it.. never even struck me to call and find out (being told that I'm on implied status just seems to put my heart at ease).

markk308

Mar 21, 2012
thisisauser said:
They only do email for online applications, which is really an email notifying you that you have a message on MyCIC.

For paper applications, the automated call centre will tell you whether and when they have received your application. In case it's been issued the automated system will tell you the date of issue as well (not sure about refusal).

Once you know it's been issued you can get an actual person on the call who will be able to read you the details including the WP# and validity period.
I applied for my BOWP through the online application and never received any notifications other than the confirmation message stating that I have applied.

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
guelphmm said:
Did you apply online, the other member says he applied on Feb 23 and recieved by mail on April 3.
Yes, I applied online for both my wife and I.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
I applied on the 27th. I'm worried because on my letter of explanation I just said that I have received my AOR, but I didn't attach the email I received neither the bulletin. I choose the option OWP, and I didn't mention anything on the prospective employer. The agent on the phone told me I should be fine, they will understand and issue the BOWP. So, I think I should hear something very soon.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Karioca said:
I applied on the 27th. I'm worried because on my letter of explanation I just said that I have received my AOR, but I didn't attach the email I received neither the bulletin. I choose the option OWP, and I didn't mention anything on the prospective employer. The agent on the phone told me I should be fine, they will understand and issue the BOWP. So, I think I should hear something very soon.
Same here, karioca.
I did not attach my email, either. Come to think of it now, I really dunno why I didn't.

I called CIC and the agent I spoke to was not aware of Bridging Open Work Permit. I had to reference the bulletin number and she put me on hold. She basically read out what the website says and didn't really answer my question about not including the email to my OWP application.

I guess I have to call them back again...

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
I have been reading so much about people regretting of not attaching their aor letter. Can any of u send me a link where cic mentioned to attach this particular letter for bowp???????

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
ujbaby said:
I have been reading so much about people regretting of not attaching their aor letter. Can any of u send me a link where cic mentioned to attach this particular letter for bowp???????
CIC may not mention it, but we need to realize this only started last December so it's very new. Some of the officers may have a very clear idea what it is, while others may not. Including a copy of the bulletin and AOR is a small effort on our part, as opposed to having an officer not aware of the new BOWP rejecting the application, sending it back to you due to various reasons.. be it thinking you need the LMO when you don't, or having to check whether you did, as a matter of fact, received the right AOR as you mentioned. It holds up the process, even if it may just be a few days. Of course, if you have all the time in the world, then that's ok.

My company sends out memos all the time.. sometimes I read it in detail, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I read it, but don't really understand or can't be bothered. I'm sure we all have moments like that. If we make it easier for them, we are making it easier for us too.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Shells, you are right.
And Ottawa10 the agent I spoke to she. Was very clear about the new rule. She actually started asking me about the qualification topics and she told me to do not worry. Well I guess I gave to be luck and have my application analyzed for someone that is aware. My WP expires on the 4th of may. And I sent my application online on the 27th. So I think I should hear something soon and in case it's refused I might be able to really again

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
I totally agree with you shells.
Attaching am email and bulletin is the part we can play to make sure we all are on the same plate.
Like what happened to me, the agent I spoke to was not aware of this change.
I'm sure visa office is more experienced and knowledgeable, it is always good to make sure we do our part.

At this point, I just hope that what I wrote on the explanation letter is sufficient enough.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
You have enough time before your current WP expires to reapply if things did not work out.

I just called the centre but they could not transfer my call.
I will call them back later on....

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
We have to also know that those poor officers are probably receiving bulletins or emails all the time. When you get something so frequently, anyone will get frustrated or sick of it at some point and don't pay attention to it. The same department is not handling just BOWP applications alone.. they are handling a number of different types of applications.

Ottawa10 said:
Attaching am email and bulletin is the part we can play to make sure we all are on the same plate.
I'm sure visa office is more experienced and knowledgeable, it is always good to make sure we do our part.

At this point, I just hope that what I wrote on the explanation letter is sufficient enough.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Ottawa10 said:

I think you should be OK with explanation letter where you explained about BOWP and provided AOR file no.

If the officer doesn't know about BOWP he will verify and assesess the application.

You should note that AOR email, doesn't have any information about BOWP nor it states that you are qualified for BOWP (correct me if i am wrong). So how come officer will come to conclusion based on AOR email. He has to be aware of the BOWP in anycase.

So, i think what matters is your correct application along with all necessary documents.

All best for you.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
The AOR is not the only criteria, but it's one of the criteria.
A copy of your work permit which shows the expiry date + the copy of AOR are two of the qualifying conditions to get approved for BOWP.

Wasn't there someone here who just got his application returned because the officer thought he needed an LMO even though he qualified for a BOWP? Being aware of it somewhat, they will ask. Being completely unaware of it, they will just reject you right away. You can choose to send in a copy of your AOR, or risk getting a $150 rejection.

If you've already sent the application, then don't need to worry about it. If you haven't, then what does it hurt to do so?

guelphmm said:
I think you should be OK with explanation letter where you explained about BOWP and provided AOR file no.

If the officer doesn't know about BOWP he will verify and assesess the application.

You should note that AOR email, doesn't have any information about BOWP nor it states that you are qualified for BOWP (correct me if i am wrong). So how come officer will come to conclusion based on AOR email. He has to be aware of the BOWP in anycase.

So, i think what matters is your correct application along with all necessary documents.

All best for you.