+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
markk308 said:
Hello,

I just received my BOWP today in the mail. Soooo happy!!! Good for one year.

I applied online on Feb 23rd, received it today, April 3rd. So it took about a month and half. Good luck to the rest of you!

Hi,
Just Curious , did you recieve any email from CIC also about BOWP?

Regards

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hi there,

I applied BOWP in the end of March.
I indicated my PR application number that I received in AOR email BUT DID NOT include the email of my AOR in the explanation letter.... :'(
I dunno why I did not...:(
I just saw this forum and realized that I should have...

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Ottawa10 said:
Hi there,

I indicated my PR application number that I received in AOR email BUT DID NOT include the email of my AOR in the explanation letter.... :'(
I think your letter should be OK!!!!

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
stanline06 said:
Hi Ujbaby,

Yes, I applied online. But I didn't enclose an explanation letter because it showed up Open work permit when I finished the begining questions, I thought they will know that I am applying BOWP. What I am thinking about is they might thought I am just applying the regular work permit. I am using application IMM5710 (should be the right one?), but in the page 3, I chose Open Work permit, also I filled up other information in that page expect LMO NO. Maybe that will confuse the officer? I am not sure.
Also is my AOR is the right AOR? And what's the number that I can call to contact cic?

Thanks for your help!
Hi,

Did you get this reply by email, can you reply to that email id along with your AOR and explaination of what happened?

Did you appeal by now? Let us know

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Ottawa10 said:
Hi there,

I thought it would be common sense to do that? That was one of their main criteria. Their checklist was probably done ages ago (since that same form was being used for other types of work permit application too. Could you call or email the relevant office to email it in? Just say you forgot to attach it when you applied.

Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
I indicated my PR application number and thought that would be enough:(

Does anyone know where I can email the AOR???

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Ottawa10 said:
Do you think I can email my AOR to:
question @ cic.gc.ca
I'm not sure if you could send it there, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Even if they are not the right ones to be sending it to, I'm sure they would be able to direct you.

You might want to include these information when you email them.

Complete Name;
Client ID number, if you have one;
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Country of birth;
Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
Application type;
Date the e-Application was transmitted;
Online application reference number;
Payment receipt number

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
I got an email today that said my application for a BOWP was approved yesterday April 3. I contacted CIC because the application status portion of the MyCIC website was broken, I was unable to read messages related to my BOWP application. I contacted them for support, and I am still unable to open messages, but they asked me for my case info a couple of weeks ago, and said today that I was approved.

I hope it goes into the mail today, so I can have it next week to show my employer. My current NAFTA work permit expires May 30, and I need the new ones to get my wife's visa renewed (she's not visa-exempt like me).

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
2_of_5 said:
I got an email today that said my application for a BOWP was approved yesterday April 3. I contacted CIC because the application status portion of the MyCIC website was broken, I was unable to read messages related to my BOWP application. I contacted them for support, and I am still unable to open messages, but they asked me for my case info a couple of weeks ago, and said today that I was approved.

I hope it goes into the mail today, so I can have it next week to show my employer. My current NAFTA work permit expires May 30, and I need the new ones to get my wife's visa renewed (she's not visa-exempt like me).
Nice!!!!!
When did You Apply?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
2_of_5 said:

If that's your current employer, then as far as they are concerned you are under implied status and they aren't doing anything illegal. Your wife's renewal though is a different matter.

On a related note, I was initially confused with the MyCIC inbox as well and weren't able to open messages. What happens when you click on a message is that it reloads the same webpage with an additional section at the bottom. That section has a link to the full message which opens a PDF. That PDF has to be viewed in Adobe PDF Reader (if you are using a Mac, Preview.app is going to either fail to open or display the page incorrectly). Hope that helps.

markk308

Mar 21, 2012
No, I never recieved an e-mail stating that my BOWP was approved. It just showed up in the mail.

I sent off my Residency application on August 18th and received my AOR on August 30th.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Ottawa10 said:
Hi there,

Hey Ottawa10,

I'm sort of in the same boat! I attached an explanation letter indicating my PR # and Client ID # but didn't attach the AOR e-mail I received!

Did you e-mail question@cic.gc.ca or call to find out where you can submit that information? I'm going to call tomorrow myself but just wanted to know if you got any lead.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
markk308 said:
No, I never recieved an e-mail stating that my BOWP was approved. It just showed up in the mail.

I sent off my Residency application on August 18th and received my AOR on August 30th.
yah, they don't email you anything for BOWP.. will just send it off right away.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
shells said:
yah, they don't email you anything for BOWP.. will just send it off right away.
They only do email for online applications, which is really an email notifying you that you have a message on MyCIC.

For paper applications, the automated call centre will tell you whether and when they have received your application. In case it's been issued the automated system will tell you the date of issue as well (not sure about refusal).

Once you know it's been issued you can get an actual person on the call who will be able to read you the details including the WP# and validity period.