+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Karioca said:
Did you send it? Did you hear something back?
No, I have not. I wanted to call the CIC and confirm. I've been calling the CIC yesterday from work. But I get pulled away and never got to speak with an agent yet.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Karioca said:
Did you send it? Did you hear something back?
Hi Karioca,

I just got through without waiting:) The agent told me that if I was not been requested by CIC, they do not need the copy of AOR. If anything is wrong, I should see a message in the inbox....

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Ottawa10 said:
Hi Karioca,

I just got through without waiting:) The agent told me that if I was not been requested by CIC, they do not need the copy of AOR. If anything is wrong, I should see a message in the inbox....
Thanks for this message, does anybody BOWP recently, based messages in this forum, the timelines for processing have huge discrepancies .

For online appliaction, one person applied on Feb 23 and got it by Apr 4, the other one applied on Feb9 and got it by Apr 4?

Please share your timelines..

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
guelphmm said:
Thanks for this message, does anybody BOWP recently, based messages in this forum, the timelines for processing have huge discrepancies .
For online appliaction, one person applied on Feb 23 and got it by Apr 4, the other one applied on Feb9 and got it by Apr 4?
Thats because processing times are fluid and based on volume of applications. I remember checking out the processing times about 1 month ago, which were 47 days. Now, those times have dropped to 38. You cant come up with an accurate timeline...just make an educated guess, based on CIC provided processing times. Also, its case to case, so while yours may not need additional consideration and is straight forward, someone else may be required to submit documents or info, after the fact.

CIC updates their processing times fairly quickly, so just follow the website. :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Guyz please help me out....for the imm5710,one part of the application ask for. Employment details...what do I do about it?..did you people just leave it blank? Please help...please...

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Yamahar1 said:
Guyz please help me out....for the imm5710,one part of the application ask for. Employment details...what do I do about it?..did you people just leave it blank? Please help...please...
I filled out my employment details (applied by paper) but also included an explanation letter saying I'm specifically applying for BOWP. Got my BOWP, no probs.

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks a lot for the quick response shells....also one more question...

Q1: In the form IMM5710E, Q3 asks: 'I am applying for the following: 1. A Work Permit with the same employer 2. A Work Permit with a new employer 3. Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker 4. Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.
I have no idea which box to check for this, can you help please..

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Yamahar1 said:
Q1: In the form IMM5710E, Q3 asks: 'I am applying for the following: 1. A Work Permit with the same employer 2. A Work Permit with a new employer 3. Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker 4. Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.
When I filed mine, I selected "applying for the same" and "applying with a new"...since both could be applicable -the work permit being open. Cant really go wrong with both, cuz its not employer specific.

In the other sections, I just made sure to write "not applicabe - BOWP", and included an explanation letter that explained exactly what I'm applying for (OB 485).

Hope that helps. Good luck! :)

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks a lot cec2013...so u checked both boxes? Haha..dint know u cud do that..
So can I put N/A for all questions under the section "details of intended work in Canada " like details of prospective employer, complete address of the employer,name of the employer, job title,duties,duration of expected employment..etc (question 1 to 8. )...this is really confusing.. :mad:.as I am in pgwp and only work parttime in a restaurant and don't want to mislead them to think I am. Applying for some other wp :(

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Yamahar1 said:
Thanks a lot cec2013...so u checked both boxes? Haha..dint know u cud do that..
So can I put N/A for all questions under the section "details of intended work in Canada " like details of prospective employer, complete address of the employer,name of the employer, job title,duties,duration of expected employment..etc (question 1 to 8. )...this is really confusing.. :mad:.as I am in pgwp and only work parttime in a restaurant and don't want to mislead them to think I am. Applying for some other wp :(
Not only you can leave those as N/A but also it's advised to do so. If you fill them in, it might mislead CIC into thinking you are requesting a close work permit but did not include the required LMO approval documentation.

As for the first question, I chose the last option and it worked. The form is not yet optimized for BOWP so as long as they understand that's what you're applying for it's fine.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Yamahar1 said:
thanks a million for the quick reply.....feeling better now ;D
Ya bud! Dont stress too much. I checked off both and wrote "not applicable" in the other spaces. You dont want to confuse them about what you are applying for. Precisely why I also included an explanation letter stating how I fulfill the criteria, what I'm applying for and mentioned OB 485.

All of that should be sufficient. To be on the safe side, I also included my AOR as an attachment. If you do all of these, the rest is in their hands. So, relax and enjoy the ride... :)

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Is everyone who applied online for BOWP got email notification about the issuance of the visa?

Please share your experiences.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
guelphmm said:
Is everyone who applied online for BOWP got email notification about the issuance of the visa?

Please share your experiences.
I also want to know that. I sent my applican on the 27th of February, I think it's getting close to my application and I haven't received anything.