+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

adityavarma81

Mar 11, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
29-Mar-2014
File Transfer...
29-Mar-2014
Med's Request
19-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
30-Sep-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Thank you Toronto2013, today is 6th day including the day of approval.

I think i may get it tomorrow.

Toronto2013 said:
It took 5 days (including weekend) for the hardcopy to arrive at my mailing address in Toronto.

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
medabor said:
I finally received y OWP. Thank God. It took 12 days to be approved and got it 10 days letter ! I'd like to thank everyone who answered my questions ( even the silly ones) especially Toby who was really helpful :)
Congratulations! When did you apply? Today makes 13 days for me...I know I am just being impatient though ::)

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Congratulations! I'm glad you got the BOWP approved and I'm glad that I could help.
Thanks buddy and yes you helped a lot :)

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
medabor said:
Thanks buddy and yes you helped a lot :)
hi I applied bowp yesterday

cec_canada

Nov 16, 2013
Hi - How do you send upload pictures for online submission? how do i measure digital photos?

For the application form, is it true that you do need to sign then scan it before uploading?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
If you are in Toronto, you can go to Black's and take your picture and ask for a digital copy. They will give you in a CD. You can upload that pic. The specifications are mentioned when you login to my CIC. I think it is 35X45mm. Pls double check once.

Michell29

Apr 10, 2014
Need advice. i applied for bowp in march but was denied due to the fact i had a work permit that i forgot my company asked me to get a yr ago for Saskatchewan as they thought they would get work for me there but they didnt and i have never entered nor never plan to go there . my kids and wife live in Alberta and my current permit for alberta is up in 3 months time. I was relying on getting the BOWP as i havent worked in months as i was on lmo with this company and they have no work me. I was advices to surrender the Saskatchewan permit to vegreville and ask them to reconsider my application as they have all on file but when i called their office they said they cannot re open a case once closed so i re applied yest for bowp and explained my situation but when i called their office they said it wont matter u cannot surrender a work permit. Im confused as i was adviced by both an immigration lawyer and the temporary advice bureau to do so

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
In the Application for WP Checklist, we need to upload a copy of the Passport plus stamps, visa markings, and must show proof of status.
I expect to get a new passport soon.

Question: I take it I need to upload my new one (data page only) plus the old one (the one with stamps), and explain this in a letter perhaps?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
I uploaded the page that has my pic and passport details and the page that has address. I didn't upload the travel dates stamps, other visas that are stamped on my passport etc. I received my BOWP.

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Michell29 said:
Need advice. i applied for bowp in march but was denied due to the fact i had a work permit that i forgot my company asked me to get a yr ago for Saskatchewan as they thought they would get work for me there but they didnt and i have never entered nor never plan to go there . my kids and wife live in Alberta and my current permit for alberta is up in 3 months time. I was relying on getting the BOWP as i havent worked in months as i was on lmo with this company and they have no work me. I was advices to surrender the Saskatchewan permit to vegreville and ask them to reconsider my application as they have all on file but when i called their office they said they cannot re open a case once closed so i re applied yest for bowp and explained my situation but when i called their office they said it wont matter u cannot surrender a work permit. Im confused as i was adviced by both an immigration lawyer and the temporary advice bureau to do so
:-\ scratches head huh?

Rufus999

Mar 19, 2014
Hi

I applied bridge permit yesterday and under employment section where it asks employment history for last 10years.
In first line it asks current activity and employer name and after that previous employment history.As I am not working now I gave employer name as "NOT APPLICABLE" in current activity section.

Is it a problem not to include current employer info?