+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Aussam said:
When did you send your CEC application? And did you send a cover letter explaining that you are waiting for the AOR and will send it as soon as you can?
I wouldn't worry about sending the AOR. What matters is whether an AOR has been issued when they process your BOWP application. Their own system (GCMS) has a record of whether an AOR has been issued. The instructions (OB485A) say that the officer will check for a positive eligibility decision in GCMS.

It certainly doesn't hurt to enclose an AOR if you have one, but they're going to check GCMS anyway.

Enclose a cover letter that refers to operational bulletin 485A, explains that you are applying for a bridging open work permit, and asks that they verify a positive eligibility decision has been made on your Canadian Experience Class application. I don't know if any of this is strictly necessary, as they should already know all of this, but again it can't hurt.

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
Aussam said:
Hi Zoran,
When did you send your CEC application? And did you send a cover letter explaining that you are waiting for the AOR and will send it as soon as you can?

Thanks!
I send my CEC application on November 18th, and yes I send a cover letter. Here is a template I was using in my application (scenario 3)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.0.html;msg2500796#msg2500796

When I was speaking with CIC call centre, agent asked me if I included AOR confirmation in my BOWP application. I explained that I received AOR after I send BOWP and that I wrote that in cover letter. She answered "OK. Your application is fine and you have implied status." She didn't complain about it and according to her reaction, I though that she is familiar with that people are applying in this way and it's acceptable approach. I think the only concern is if your CEC application is not returned and if you receive AOR before they start processing your application.

Zoran

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hi All,

I am doing a research on particular situation. Please help if any one can provide any useful information.

I have a closed work permit till Dec 2014. My wife and daughter are on dependent permit and have the same expiry date.

Now due to some issues in my current company as a backup I have applied for BOWP. Lets assume I get BOWP.

Situation is:
1. I join a new company as a contractor. My current OHIP is also valid till Dec 2014. Do I need to renew my OHIP accordingly with new BOWP?
2. I have not applied open work permit for my family since they have valid dependent permit till Dec 2014. Do I have to change their OHIP cards too? or they can use their existing OHIP cards?

Appreciate any useful info.

Thanks

Iwanttoimmigrate

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-09-2013
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
17-05-2014
Hi All,

I have applied online recently for BOWP. So far what i could gather other posts is that the current processing time for online BOWP applications is 10-15 days. Did anybody receive their BOWP recentlty? I mean in the last week and care to share their timeline for BOWP?

CEC APPLIED - 29th July 2013
AOR - 30 September 2013
BOWP Applied (online) - 21 January 2014
WP Expiry - 12 March 2014.

Thanks and all the best for those waiting for BOWP.

Nikki30588

Star Member
May 30, 2012
When an applicant applies for a bowp (paper based) is it treated as a new work permit application or as an old work permit application?I'm trying to determine which processing time to choose for bowp paper application.

Thanks!

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Nikki30588 said:
When an applicant applies for a bowp (paper based) is it treated as a new work permit application or as an old work permit application?I'm trying to determine which processing time to choose for bowp paper application.
Select 'new' employer - basically what it's asking is, is this an application for an extension or not (it isn't).

Although, it probably doesn't matter. I think I got confused and applied as 'same' because I intended to keep the same job, but I got my BOWP anyway.

Iwanttoimmigrate

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-09-2013
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
17-05-2014
wasters said:
I applied on January 5th Online. So I guess online is way faster than sending on paper and so much more easier.
Hi wasters,

What status does it show for your online BOWP application? I have applied on 21st Jan, wanted to know how is it progressing with others and are there any additional documents requested?

Cheers and All the best!

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks, my case is as under:

- Applied for PR under CEC in Sep 2013.
- Current Closed work permit is valid till Jan 2015, however there are chances that my project will end in May 2014 and I will be asked to go back to India.

Can I apply for a BOWP? is 4 months a hard and fast rule?

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
It is a rule but you can always try. You have a valid TRV up to the expiry of your closed work permit right? If and when you are rolled-off of your project, try applying and attach a cover letter explaining your situation. It's better for them to issue you a BOWP rather than you applying for EI. IF there's one thing that i love about Canada is that the government is very compassionate.

Kumar_VGR2013

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Med's Request
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014 ( Upfront )
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Hi All,

I have applied my BOWP on 16th Jan 2014 and 24th Jan 2014 night i got an email stating that my application has been updated. But when i login to CIC account and check for any updates , there are none. It does not show any updates or no new messages.

I couldn't reach out CIC call center as they are closed in the weekends. Am very curious to know what is this means because my current work permit expires by Jan 30 2014.

Please give me your opinion.

venuamancha

Sep 30, 2013
Hi Everyone, can any please help me with my situation explained below.

I, spouse and Child applied for PR under CEC in august 2013 I and received letter of acknowledgement in October. I got BOWP last month. Igot a new job which is a contract basis ( not fulltime) so I resigned from my previous employer.

Meanwhile our OHIP (health cards) are about to expire in a week. So went to service ontario to get them reviewed. The service ontario officer told that since I am under open work permit I need to have an employment letter stating I am a fulltime employee and my employee will atleast employee for next 6 months. . I can't get this letter as i am not a full time employee. Then i mentioned that i am a PR applicant and shown my letter of acknowledgement (AOR) then he accepted only my OHIP renewal but not for my family since AOR does have a reference to my spouse and child name since I think i am the primary applicant.

will I get a letter from cic stating that my family members were also part of my pr application? What is the process? By the way my family members are currently having visitor records for next one year as case type 10. My case type in BOWP is 27.

Thanks.

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamelle said:
It is a rule but you can always try. You have a valid TRV up to the expiry of your closed work permit right? If and when you are rolled-off of your project, try applying and attach a cover letter explaining your situation. It's better for them to issue you a BOWP rather than you applying for EI. IF there's one thing that i love about Canada is that the government is very compassionate.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have a valid visa (TRV) till 2015 Jan, how will that make a difference? Are your trying to say that if I have a valid worker VISA I can stay till the expiry and get EI until then? Please do reply. Thanks.

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding BOWP , there is a question asked on CIC when applying for BOWP, that "have you visited the following countries in the past 12 months " which in my case i have , there will be a medical exam for such applicants. My question is can the same medical exam be used for PR medicals too as so far i know medical exams are valid for one year from the time they are done. and what's the way to link the same medical exam with the CEC medical. thanks to clarify.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Hello Seniors

My friend is seeking for an advice on his current situation, he is on a closed work permit valid until Nov 2015 (issued Nov 2013), unfortunately, due to lack of projects, he is laid off within 2 months of the engagement, he is also waiting for his PR (paid RPRF 10 days back, medicals done, biodata sent, PCC sent as well), can he apply for BOWP now so that he could work for other companies? will he get an approved BOWP? or should he wait for his PR which might take up to a month to arrive.

He needs funds and I can only help him so much...... :(

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
I have important question to ask:

If I own BOWP and My PR application gets rejected due to some reason, does my BOWP still valid till it's end date or it becomes void/invalid immediately...

I would happy if anyone provide some proof in form of CIC links if any...