Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hi guys,

I am sort of freaking out because I called CIC to ask how can I informed Vegreville that I got my AOR so they can process my application, and this is what they told me:

- Apparently, the AOR is not enough. They need another letter issued by Sydney saying that I meet the requirements

How long does that letter take? And can I still get my BOWP if I send that letter to Vegreville before they process my application? Can anyone help?

Diaa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2014
Med's Request
13-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
14-08-2015
This doesn't sound right. The officer who will process your BOWP has access to GCMS and can check from his/her end whether or not you are eligible.

Sydney office will only check if your application is complete and then will send it to Ottawa for processing and determining your eligibility.

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
immigrantbee said:
Hi guys,

I am sort of freaking out because I called CIC to ask how can I informed Vegreville that I got my AOR so they can process my application, and this is what they told me:

- Apparently, the AOR is not enough. They need another letter issued by Sydney saying that I meet the requirements

How long does that letter take? And can I still get my BOWP if I send that letter to Vegreville before they process my application? Can anyone help?
Relax buddy...
I am very sure that the person there has given you wrong info......AOR is enough for a BOWP.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
That's what I read. But this guy I talked to from Cic said I need the elegibility letter.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
immigrantbee said:
That's what I read. But this guy I talked to from Cic said I need the elegibility letter.
The only "letter" you get is the AOR email? You don't receive anything else.

I applied for BOWP without AOR and it was approved, all I did was reference my UCI. I believe you have been misinformed.

chokra

May 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
joolery said:
The only "letter" you get is the AOR email? You don't receive anything else.

I applied for BOWP without AOR and it was approved, all I did was reference my UCI. I believe you have been misinformed.
I agree. The CIC sends only an initial letter acknowledging your application and receipt for the payment for a PR. They send it only to those whose application is complete and would be processed.
As far as "letter of eligibility" I have not heard anyone getting it. If someone has more experience on this matter, please enlighten. Thanks.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
I agree with you all. But I am still puzzled by what I was told this morning. I even remember once back in October that I phoned CIC and talked to a nice agent and we were talking about aor and what not to get the work permit and he never mentioned any letter of eligibility. I honestly don't know what the heck he's on about. Anyone out there more senior has any advice or input?

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
These are the same agents that told me this morning that they have no info on the cap cic website states that once your status has been set to pass on an application u can apply for a bowp the agents at cic have little to no information at any given time you should read the conditions and follow those instructions trust me the agents are ignorant to most of the goings on of cic.

sportas

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
I can just say that I have been in Canada for 5 years on WP, applied for CEC and had a lots of communication with CIC. After I got crazy about things that I heard from them or they overlooked in my questions, I sloe to some lawyers who were previously working as immigration officers. They all told me that officers working at call centre are freshly graduated and often have no much experience. They do make mistakes.
I had both, great and bad experience with call centre. But in general - if I did not know how to make the question, that would miss lead them into the wrong answer. I learned that hard, hard way.
I suggest you that, for any information you ask them, also ask them to send you an email containing the source of that information. I would ask them that, and wait on the phone (with some good excuse) until email arrives, to see what is in it. Also, important thing is - write down the date, time and call centre agent # so you can refer to it. All calls are recorded.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
They sent me an email stating the requirements for the BOWP which are basically straight from the website.

You can apply for an open work permit if you:

Have applied for permanent residence (PR) in Canada under one of the admissible categories of the economic class and are the principal applicant,
Have received a positive eligibility assessment on your PR application,
Are currently in Canada, and
Already have a valid work permit that is due to expire within 4 months.
For information on the admissible categories, please visit our website.

To apply for an open work permit, you must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

You must do this before the expiry date of your work permit. You keep your current status under the same conditions, until a decision is made (implied status).

What he calls letter of eligibility is the positive assessment, which we consider AOR but i am not sure we are on the same page as this guy.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
immigrantbee said:
They sent me an email stating the requirements for the BOWP which are basically straight from the website.

You can apply for an open work permit if you:

Have applied for permanent residence (PR) in Canada under one of the admissible categories of the economic class and are the principal applicant,
Have received a positive eligibility assessment on your PR application,
Are currently in Canada, and
Already have a valid work permit that is due to expire within 4 months.
For information on the admissible categories, please visit our website.

To apply for an open work permit, you must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

You must do this before the expiry date of your work permit. You keep your current status under the same conditions, until a decision is made (implied status).

What he calls letter of eligibility is the positive assessment, which we consider AOR but i am not sure we are on the same page as this guy.
Yea ignore that guy, as stated in the requirements you have to have received a positive eligibilty assessment which is your AOR.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
I read a pdf that someone on this forum sent me a while ago and the aor is the first positive assessment.
I'll investigate a bit further and let you know guys what I find (if anything)

I think that guy had no idea. I remember mentioning this to an immigration lawyer in the summer and he said the AOR
is what you need to get your bridging permit.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
immigrantbee said:
I read a pdf that someone on this forum sent me a while ago and the aor is the first positive assessment.
I'll investigate a bit further and let you know guys what I find (if anything)

I think that guy had no idea. I remember mentioning this to an immigration lawyer in the summer and he said the AOR
is what you need to get your bridging permit.
Hi,
you don't need to investigate any more. Unfortunately the call center agent simply made a mistake and confused you. Don't worry and apply for the BOWP with your AOR.

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
So I understand this correctly, all you need is an AOR to receive a BOWP and has nothing to do with time left on current WP.

I already received my OWP as I lost my lost in April and received my AOR in June, so could I of applied and received by BOWP back in June some time?

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
I think all you need is your Aor.
Can I ask you: did you send your Aor with your application?