+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Biometric locations

iceaa

Jan 29, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I applied for BOWP in April but didn't give biomteric because all centres are closed. They gave 90 days to give them but am running out of time as 20 days left and so far there were no updates regarding when they will open.

Does anyone have any idea how to give bios, or is in the same situation and contacted CIC?

I did contact them but didn't hear anything yet.

Thanks,
Ice

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I applied for BOWP in April but didn't give biomteric because all centres are closed. They gave 90 days to give them but am running out of time as 20 days left and so far there were no updates regarding when they will open.

Does anyone have any idea how to give bios, or is in the same situation and contacted CIC?

I did contact them but didn't hear anything yet.

Thanks,
Ice
An extract from their website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html):

If the site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.
You don’t have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.
You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

Your application won’t be refused or closed if you can’t give your biometrics due to COVID-19 closures.

I saw that in the twitter account for IRCC (I recommend to follow them. It's also good because you can make questions for them commenting their posts).

Last edited:
Reactions: iceaa

karooma

May 24, 2009
An extract from their website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html):

If the site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.
You don’t have to give your biometrics until the sites reopen. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.
You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

Your application won’t be refused or closed if you can’t give your biometrics due to COVID-19 closures.

I saw that in the twitter account for IRCC (I recommend to follow them. It's also good because you can make questions for them commenting their posts).
Thanks for the clarification, does the same apply for Work Permit applications from outside of Canada for LMIA Positive cases?

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Thanks for the clarification, does the same apply for Work Permit applications from outside of Canada for LMIA Positive cases?
You're welcome. Apparently yes, according with the link I posted. But that would be a quick question that IRCC would answer through their twitter (just check the most recent post, and post the question as a comment), and I recommend to make them this question in case you want to double check.

karooma

May 24, 2009
You're welcome. Apparently yes, according with the link I posted. But that would be a quick question that IRCC would answer through their twitter (just check the most recent post, and post the question as a comment), and I recommend to make them this question in case you want to double check.
Many thanks for the clarification