File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'll be going to Boston and New York first for 10 days and then from Newark airport I'll be flying in to Canada from Billy bishop airport instead of directly from India. I have heard it's better to land at an international airport but since Billy Bishop has CBSA as well, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to get my study permit and any other services or approvals I would have otherwise gotten from YYZ, right? please help.
Billy Bishop has CBSA - no issue flying there from the U.S.

Recommend you avoid taking the last flight of the day. You want a flight that arrives early evening at the latest (avoid late evening). Billy Bishop is a great idea in theory but I personally dislike flying through that airport either for business or personal travel. I by far prefer Pearson. Billy Bishop will delay flights if there's fog or other bad weather (while Pearson will continue to fly). And there's also the dreaded 10pm flight stop time. If your evening flight is delayed and can't land at the airport before 10pm, the flight gets re-routed to Hamilton and then they bus you back to Toronto - creating a 2+ hour delay. (Billy Bishop is only allowed to land planes until 10pm for noise control reasons.)

udit gusain

Jun 25, 2023
Guys, I’m also arriving from India at Billy Bishop Airport instead of pearson. My Flight is from Delhi(India) to Montreal(YUL) than i had a Layover of 2hr:15m at (YUL) after that i will board for Billy Bishop YTZ airport . Does i will face any problem or not .

Kindly response!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys, I’m also arriving from India at Billy Bishop Airport instead of pearson. My Flight is from Delhi(India) to Montreal(YUL) than i had a Layover of 2hr:15m at (YUL) after that i will board for Billy Bishop YTZ airport . Does i will face any problem or not .

Kindly response!!
your immigration/landing is in Montreal. Montreal is your port of entry. You may not make that connection to YTZ if immigration is busy and you have to get your luggage and recheck it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Kindly response!!
No issues.

Note that you will go through immigration / landing procedures in Montreal.

Reactions: bellaluna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Kindly response!!
That is a very tight layover to go through immigration and then have to check in for your next flight and go through security again. Hopefully you aren’t flying at the end of the day or there is a decent chance you will miss your flight and won’t be able to get on another one that day. If possible I would look into changing your flight to a later one that day with a longer layover.

Reactions: bellaluna

udit gusain

Jun 25, 2023
That is a very tight layover to go through immigration and then have to check in for your next flight and go through security again. Hopefully you aren’t flying at the end of the day or there is a decent chance you will miss your flight and won’t be able to get on another one that day. If possible I would look into changing your flight to a later one that day with a longer layover.
thanks for the response . i have a question that if i had miss the next flight would the airline pay for it or not ???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks for the response . i have a question that if i had miss the next flight would the airline pay for it or not ???
You need to check what type of ticket you bought. If your incoming flight is delayed then you may be rebooked for free. If you missed your cancellation due to immigration issues, then you may be charged. It is up to you to have a connection time that allows you to go through immigration, get bags, recheck bags, get to new gate, etc. 2.5 hours is not a lot of time. You should be booking a flight with at least 3 hours in between flights.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Whether you book your flight as one ticket or purchase the porter airline separately can also impact rebooking but that is usually due to delays in the first flight. If you call porter and switching you to a later flight is advantageous to the airline they may look you to change flights for free. In general I would be trying to change your flight in advance if possible because you really don’t have enough time between flights at the moment.

Arjun Menon

Nov 1, 2023
Yes- we are sure you will get your study permit in Montreal. Visa formalities are always done at the first Canadian airport you reach.
Hi.. My port of entry is Montreal and I have a 2 hr 55 min layover there ... So will I miss my flight to Toronto or I can get the study permit in Montreal and catch my flight in time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.. My port of entry is Montreal and I have a 2 hr 55 min layover there ... So will I miss my flight to Toronto or I can get the study permit in Montreal and catch my flight in time.
If your port of entry is Montreal, the study permit has to be issued there. Whether you will make your connecting flight to Toronto will depend on how long it takes to get the study permit.