18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
galant said:
Ahmed Hussen become minister of immigration, refugees and citizenship.
Hussen, Canada's first-ever MP of Somali descent, is a lawyer and community activist in the Toronto riding of York South-Weston.
Is his his first as a Minister?

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
galant said:
Hussen, Canada's first-ever MP of Somali descent, is a lawyer and community activist in the Toronto riding of York South-Weston.
What's his position on the implementation time of C-6 once it passes? Mcallum clearly stated before that implementation would be delayed.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
galant said:
He is going to pass the beloved law about citizenship?

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Konan1982 said:
He is going to pass the beloved law about citizenship?
Ahmed is an immigrant and came to Canada from Somalia as a teenager. He is a dual citizen and has been involved in community advocacy. This is a big bonus.

Ulysses

Aug 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, is there any information on the expected time as to when the new changes may come into effect, if at all? I am particularly interested in the so-called 3/5 rule. I tried reading the thread but the more recent sections of this thread seem more like a prolonged chat and there isn't much useful information.

I have been living in Canada for more than 9 years (I was an international graduate student for most of this period, and have therefore only recently received my permanent residence).

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Ulysses said:
Hi, is there any information on the expected time as to when the new changes may come into effect, if at all? I am particularly interested in the so-called 3/5 rule. I tried reading the thread but the more recent sections of this thread seem more like a prolonged chat and there isn't much useful information.

I have been living in Canada for more than 9 years (I was an international graduate student for most of this period), and have therefore only recently received my permanent residence.
There is no update because it isn't done in the senate yet. As to the expected starting time, your guess is as good as anybody's

Ulysses

Aug 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the quick response. I understand what you said.

But can anything be said about the scale of the time frames, or even that is pure speculation? For instance, is there any probability that this becomes implemented before the end of 2017? Is there any probability that it doesn't, by 2019?

Do similar bills from the past give us any indication, or is the event completely random and predicting it fully speculative, like trying to predict the winners of Stanley cup?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Ulysses said:
Thank you for the quick response. I understand what you said.

But can anything be said about the scale of the time frames, or even that is pure speculation? For instance, is there any probability that this becomes implemented before the end of 2017? Is there any probability that it doesn't, by 2019?

Do similar bills from the past give us any indication, or is the event completely random and predicting it fully speculative, like trying to predict the winners of Stanley cup?
Yes

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pay attention evryone please lets contact new immigration minster after congratulate him and ask him to make Bill c-6 top of his work and bill c-6 must pass as soon as possible we can't stand anymore ,,, if some one could write his contact methods twitt,facebook,email and phone number , so we can contact him

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Richard11 said:
pay attention evryone please lets contact new immigration minster after congratulate him and ask him to make Bill c-6 top of his work and bill c-6 must pass as soon as possible we can't stand anymore ,,, if some one could write his contact methods twitt,facebook,email and phone number , so we can contact him
it is not up to him but in the hands of senate now, he as the minister can't pass it, just so you know...

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
itsmyid said:
What an uninformed and ignorant answer. What's the basis of your answer? Did the minister do any release stating he won't immediately implement the bill once it becomes law?

Think before you write next time and if you have no answer then DON'T answer! Don't try to be smart!