Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
marcher said:
sure, you can include commenting on this thread as relevant experience on your resume :D
Wishful if that experience count in :)

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
badar14 said:
Wishful if that experience count in :)
On a serious note, in how many countries can an immigrant aspire to become a Senator or even Minister? This is why Canada is amazing. Look at how many senators and ministers were born abroad. If you really want to become a senator, then probably you might dedicate your time to serving this country, and who knows, you could become one. Most senators tend to be in their early 60s or late 50s when hired. Most of the other countries won't even permit somebody born abroad for basic civil servant positions.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
On a serious note, in how many countries can an immigrant aspire to become a Senator or even Minister? This is why Canada is amazing. Look at how many senators and ministers were born abroad. If you really want to become a senator, then probably you might dedicate your time to serving this country, and who knows, you could become one. Most senators tend to be in their early 60s or late 50s when hired. Most of the other countries won't even permit somebody born abroad for basic civil servant positions.
True.
Distinction between citizens by origin (Jus Sanguini) and naturalized citizens (when it's even possible to be one) is very wide and aggressive in most third world countries.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ipfreely said:
Your senate are partisan on most or maybe all of its decisions. That is why I said what I said. Prove me wrong, then I rest this conclusion.
Not really now, at least on paper. We are in a hybrid step now where Partisanship and Independence are trying to live together. The final aim would be to have a partisan House of Commons and a regional Senate.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
ipfreely said:
Your senate are partisan on most or maybe all of its decisions. That is why I said what I said. Prove me wrong, then I rest this conclusion.
That is not entirely true. As for the present Senate, we need to wait and see how they deal with the ongoing bills before we judge, since many new Senators have been appointed. Keep in mind it is the democratically elected House of Commons that actually scrutinizes and debates the bills before they are approved. That is where most of the work is done, at Senate level it is usually a high level verification. Sadly, Harper misused the Senate power in killing the Climate change bill in a rather unique manner, but otherwise, the Senate is reasonable and usually acts as the seal of approval to what has already been amended and scrutinized at HoC level.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
ipfreely said:
If you rub the right elbows your not.

Well, maybe in the 90's or previous years but ya gotta thank your predecessors for being greedy and lawmakers for being dull they both made that country impossible for immigrant like you to aspire like in your statement.
Of course, if you came from money nothing is improbable.

Tell you what, in 5 years get back to us and tell, you or a person you know became a senator alloted with a timeframe of half a decade upon landing. Many I saw there have been doing sh!t show jobs from day 1 even though they where big timers to wherever they came from.

Disprove me please.
It seems you want to argue for the sake of arguing. Of course no one will become a Senator within 5 years of living in Canada; in fact that is not realistic in any country on the planet. Why make such a weird assumption? I fail to get your point.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
ipfreely said:
Oh, how many years does one need in order to become a senator then?

I never like arguing and am not bugging you. I only want to enlight and tell reality than rather bolster the image of the country you are on now. To which, implying on your previous statement as false.
Well not everyone will become a Senator, but I was stating that it is a possibility that happened more than once. The possibility existed in first place compared to other countries where it does not exist to start with. Of course not everyone does well, and people might end up in lower paying jobs, but that is entirely a consequence of their personal decision to move to Canada without doing their homework. You are only guaranteed a job in your field if you move on a work visa; in which your new employer sponsors you. Many made the decision of selling everything and moving, just to discover the shock they cannot work in their field here. I assume that is what you are hinting to. For the record this subject is beyond this thread's scope; some people might find it annoying. For the record, most if not all of those ending up in lower jobs decided to remain rather than go back to their original countries because of the opportunities and safety Canada has for their children.

I wonder what country you think is better.. have a look at the list of US Senators or House of Lords in the UK for a quick comparison ..

tarikMontreal

Mar 22, 2015
ipfreely said:
You make it look like its that easy is what makes your statement conveying falsehood.

What percentage is that in the total immigrant population? Pretty nil.

We may have zero to none here but at least our immigrants aren't panhandling nor made ridiculous compared there. Where did many end up again after landing?

So its the immigrants fault it is now that they've never researched things before plunging the tide?
Is it safe to say your governments rationale for posting "we need these many professionals" are only to bring meat for the grinder? Not having responsibility to these individuals nor their human rights, knowing that professional reality is different there. Why in heck issue 10,000 visas for immigrants who are engineers whom they know will end up washing dishes. Then issue another 10,000 visas to a different batch of engineers who'll also be washing dishes in the end. Sounds like there is corruption in that picture and it seems crazy. No wonder the void of professional shortage there cannot be filled. Or, is it a con to bring in more bodies for the machinery that is the canadian economy?

Let them get angry at me, to the discussion I made, and to your assumption on what I'm pointing at. At least it ain't founded on delusion.

The practises of immigration to Canada need to be questioned for sure. But when you think about it most of the 250 000 immigrants come here for a better future and full of hope so they are pretty much blind to what is going to happen to them and after it happens they have no back up and no escape. Are they going to find support with the countries they left?? of course not. So my advice when you come to Canada, do it by passion and do not expect anything from the government just play the game, the earth belongs to everybody and to nobody and having a Canadian passport or being able to vote won t extend your life or give you superpowers, very far from that. See it as en experience and do not give them the opportunity to raise the bids because that s what they are looking for . Cheers my friend.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
I just wanted to mention that the Senate committees including 'Social Affairs, Science and Technology' have not published any meeting dates yet.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
tarikMontreal said:
the earth belongs to everybody and to nobody and having a Canadian passport or being able to vote won t extend your life or give you superpowers, very far from that. See it as en experience and do not give them the opportunity to raise the bids because that s what they are looking for.
Well said!

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
I just wanted to mention that the Senate committees including 'Social Affairs, Science and Technology' have not published any meeting dates yet.
Can they 'skip' bills in Committee meetings ?

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
admontreal said:
Can they 'skip' bills in Committee meetings ?
I honestly do not know, but I read somewhere they have a few bills to deal with; so I am curious in what order they will approach them. Senator Harder did, however, suggest that the citizenship and union bills would be dealt with “in an expeditious fashion when we return” in February, as will the government’s transgender rights bill (in the Jan 2nd Globe and Mail article).

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
marcher said:
I honestly do not know, but I read somewhere they have a few bills to deal with; so I am curious in what order they will approach them. Senator Harder did, however, suggest that the citizenship and union bills would be dealt with “in an expeditious fashion when we return” in February, as will the government’s transgender rights bill (in the Jan 2nd Globe and Mail article).
Happy new year et bonne annee to everyone
I seen some bills it too 10 days in committee , but check bill c7 passed third reading in senates but yet didnt receive Royal A.

I think they will deal in different way with c6, im sure it will come to force before canada day 150.

I read someone complained that once c24 was introduced some applicants had to wait 12 months more, while once c6 comes to force some people will be luck or they have to wait like others 12 months more to come to force.

I believe c6 is introduced to support immigrants to become citizens, yes it will immediately come to force. Only new comers follow this bill, while who became citizens they dont even know what is c6 even if it brings some benefits for them.

Regarding the committee meeting, they have 3 bills other than c6, but ive also seen some bills took 1 session in committee + they meet days in a week if im not wrong.
Im sure by feb early march it will be come bill, as many new citizens of 150 anniversary will be proud to be canadians.

Even people who are nagging, they will be happy because everyone of us chose to become canadian and to integrate in this country.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
monalisa said:
Happy new year et bonne annee to everyone
I seen some bills it too 10 days in committee , but check bill c7 passed third reading in senates but yet didnt receive Royal A.

I think they will deal in different way with c6, im sure it will come to force before canada day 150.

I read someone complained that once c24 was introduced some applicants had to wait 12 months more, while once c6 comes to force some people will be luck or they have to wait like others 12 months more to come to force.

I believe c6 is introduced to support immigrants to become citizens, yes it will immediately come to force. Only new comers follow this bill, while who became citizens they dont even know what is c6 even if it brings some benefits for them.

Regarding the committee meeting, they have 3 bills other than c6, but ive also seen some bills took 1 session in committee + they meet days in a week if im not wrong.
Im sure by feb early march it will be come bill, as many new citizens of 150 anniversary will be proud to be canadians.

Even people who are nagging, they will be happy because everyone of us chose to become canadian and to integrate in this country.
Happy new year monalisa. I appreciate the positive vibe you add to the discussions. I just wanted to note that I feel many people refer to C-6 as the clause of 3/5 rule only; overlooking the other clauses that are more important; after all the 3/5 rule is a matter of waiting a year or two longer, but other clauses have a forever impact on future and present dual citizens. I agree with you that they will try to implement C-6 at its entirety by Canada Day to fit in with the celebrations. I just saw on the news yesterday a special ceremony of oath at the Supreme Court to mark the 70th anniversary of Canadian citizenship. Its all ceremonial this year, happy times :D

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
Happy new year monalisa. I appreciate the positive vibe you add to the discussions. I just wanted to note that I feel many people refer to C-6 as the clause of 3/5 rule only; overlooking the other clauses that are more important; after all the 3/5 rule is a matter of waiting a year or two longer, but other clauses have a forever impact on future and present dual citizens. I agree with you that they will try to implement C-6 at its entirety by Canada Day to fit in with the celebrations. I just saw on the news yesterday a special ceremony of oath at the Supreme Court to mark the 70th anniversary of Canadian citizenship. Its all ceremonial this year, happy times :D
That's a great observation marcher. The 3/5 rule is a technicality while other clauses were much more symbolic and meaningful.