+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Well, I don't know what to think anymore with all these mixed signals. If the Liberals truely intend to delay C-6 for consideration until Fall then they definitely lost my vote in 2019. Provided that this damn legislation passes in time for me to vote in 2019
not only your vote, thousand of votes my friend

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Knowing that the email you are referring to was written by an NDP MP!!!
This forum is great in freaking out and pouring pessimism all over. chill out gents..we are closer than any other time.

Well, I don't know what to think anymore with all these mixed signals. If the Liberals truely intend to delay C-6 for consideration until Fall then they definitely lost my vote in 2019. Provided that this damn legislation passes in time for me to vote in 2019

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Knowing that the email you are referring to was written by an NDP MP!!!
This forum is great in freaking out and pouring pessimism all over. chill out gents..we are closer than any other time.
NDPs are more progressive than the Liberal party though :/
But yes I agree that this forum is very pessimistic, and often without any real reason.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I don't think they intending to delaying c6 on purpose, I think they are very slow with every bill. For liberals doesn't matter how long is going to take for a bill to become a law, I think it matter if the bill will become a law in 4 this for years.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
NDPs are more progressive than the Liberal party though :/
But yes I agree that this forum is very pessimistic, and often without any real reason.
It doesn't matter; they don't have majority.
My reply was to a colleague who was basing his argument, on this email, that Liberals are giving contradictory statements; this MP is simply not liberal

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I wouldn't mind being wrong on this but as far as I know parliamentary procedure even a schedule change couldn't make C-6 being discussed today. Anything that is discussed must be on the order and notice paper. And C-6 isn't on there.

But let's stay optimistic and see what happens.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
But why are parliament MP's saying things a few hours away and then changing things the next minute. Seems very chaotic. Salma Sahid tweeted less than 24 hours ago very clearly that it would be debated on Thursday evening. I agree with Spyfy that it seems zero possibility for today, but the question is why they are giving such stepmotherly treatment to a bill they know that so many people are following very closely and even misleading us. Getting very disillusioned with liberals - not to say that I will ever vote Tory that is, but this has become beyond frustrating now

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
I think by now it's already been pushed back to next week like the NDP MP said. I just hope the portion where Senate won't consider amendments until Fall is wrong

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Sorry, I am a bit lost here about the new amendment. I have only one question in C-6: Is it still required to stay at least 183 days in one year during the years I stayed?

Millions thanks if any one can answer based on most updated amendment.
My understanding is -- If 3/5 comes back . . . You still need to meet the total number of days in Canada of 1,095 - then in order for the "year" to count, you needed to be here for at least 183 days in that year. So if you were only in Canada 183 days every year you would not qualify(?) since you don't have enough total days in that 3/5 period -- I think. But could be wrong.

-M

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't mind being wrong on this but as far as I know parliamentary procedure even a schedule change couldn't make C-6 being discussed today. Anything that is discussed must be on the order and notice paper. And C-6 isn't on there.

MP has confirmed it's possible - but it's not a norm.

Last edited:

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Until now we still cannot see the government's motion regarding the amendments by senate. I just wonder whether the house is still thinking about how to respond to the senate.