+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

pkin007

Star Member
May 26, 2017
I am positive and optimistic... that C6 came up in any kind of discussion after being sent back by Senate in HoC

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Are you sure i thought she said C6 was for tomorrow.
I always listen to the original feed with no translation since I speak both French and English. I am certain that she said (in French) that tomorrow will be C-44, and then (in English) that there are several bills for next week, including C-6.

Razorius

Apr 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,

This is my second post in this forum besides one that I have made on page 305 introducing myself to everyone. I have been a mute spectator on here and have followed all your posts(both good and bad) diligently.

So just to update everyone with a piece of information that I just received from Stephanie Cheureng(could be another spelling of her last name apologize for it if incorrect!!!), HOC Parliamentary affairs just a few minutes ago in a telephone conversation at 613 995 2727 where she hinted at the fact that the Government is working on rejecting one of the Senate's amendments and the change that is likely going to be introduced will be minor enough to allow the Senate to accept the HOC's recommendation.

I would assume that this is the reason the HOC is delaying the Bill while the IRCC work to introduce the rejection motion and the language amendment back to the Senate. Lastly, Stephanie will be getting back to me about coming into force timeline that I'm particularly interested in with regards to this Bill. When I hear about it, I will gladly advise everyone here.

Stephanie Cheureng also mentioned that its the Government's firm intent to have the bill passed before Summer recess but that is something we've all heard before and I will not speculate on that part of her assessment.

I think its important for us to have a clear picture on where we stand with regards to this bill. I would encourage others on this forum to contact the HOC Parliamentary affairs office at 613 995 2727 and hear this for yourself before I have the 'experts' on this forum hold me in contempt for dissuading others or being pessimistic.

I have quoted a name and number of the person I have spoken with first hand and yes I don't believe in spreading rumours so please spare me the personal attacks. I am generally a mute spectator and intend to remain the same without being involved in debate. I would only state facts based on what I have gathered.

Being a qualified lawyer in Ontario, I hold my credibility to be extremely valuable to me as should be the case with everyone here. This is not 'advice' by any means but a report of the conversation I've had to the folks here so that we may have a little bit of truth on the matter for a change besides the usual muck being thrown around to seek glory and the confusing governmental red tape.

Good luck everyone and have a great week ahead!!!

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
I would assume that this is the reason the HOC is delaying the Bill while the IRCC work to introduce the rejection motion and the language amendment back to the Senate. Lastly, Stephanie will be getting back to me about coming into force timeline that I'm particularly interested in with regards to this Bill. When I hear about it, I will gladly advise everyone here.
So do you think they are going to reject an amendment or further amend it ?
We are all hoping here that the Governement keep their promise and get C-6 approved. It's just that with two weeks left for HoC and 3 weeks left in Senate, it's just frustrating to see them get so close to the edge.