Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
spyfy said:
Why do you want so bad to find a reason that this amendment delays things?
Because it does. I don't need to find a reason.
The Tories have been delaying this for so long (Senator Omidvar reminded them of their deceitful tactics yesterday.)
Then after the Monsef case, they now needed to rush something to save her.
It DOES delays as Senator Jaffer said not to expect Royal Assent before June...
I'm not speculating, I'm quoting the Senators...
This amendment will give more excuse for the Tories to do extensive debating.
They even said today "That's a lot to take in, we'll have to do some deep reading".
No need to be a rocket scientist to read between the lines of that.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
AmirATM said:
I agree it will take CIC 6-8 months - as you mentioned government never moves fast with anything - what is more important than a human life ? go to emergency and be in pain and see how fast they can go -
Sure, because your feeling based on your experience regarding emergency room wait times is more reliable than the assessment of the timeline by a CIC employee.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
MarceauBletard said:
Because it does. I don't need to find a reason.
The Tories have been delaying this for so long (Senator Omidvar reminded them of their deceitful tactics yesterday.)
Then after the Monsef case, they now needed to rush something to save her.
It DOES delays as Senator Jaffer said not to expect Royal Assent before June...
I'm not speculating, I'm quoting the Senators...
It is being delayed, yes. But so far the delay has not been due to the amendment. So that's why my question was "Why do you want so bad to find a reason that this amendment delays things?" So far there is no indication that this amendment has or will delay anything.

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
spyfy said:
www.sencanada.ca

On the top there's a link "Calendar".
Danke schön!

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
spyfy said:
It is being delayed, yes. But so far the delay has not been due to the amendment. So that's why my question was "Why do you want so bad to find a reason that this amendment delays things?" So far there is no indication that this amendment has or will delay anything.
Yes, there is, and I just explained what.
The 3rd reading shouldn't take 4 months but it will (as per Senator Jaffer.)
3rd reading should have been more or less smooth but it won't.
They even said today "That's a lot to take in, we'll have to do some deep reading".

You can be pro-amendment and put your pink sunglasses if you want.
But you have also to accept the opinion of others.
I was optimistic for a long time, but I'm being realistic here.
The future will tell if Senator Jaffer and I are wrong and the Royal Assent comes before June but I very much doubt it.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
MarceauBletard said:
Yes, there is, and I just explained what.
The 3rd reading shouldn't take 4 months but it will (as per Senator Jaffer.)
3rd reading should have been more or less smooth but it won't.

You can be pro-amendment and put your pink sunglasses if you want.
But you have also to accept the opinion of others.
I was optimistic for a long time, but I'm being realistic here.
The future will tell if Senator Jaffer and I are wrong and the Royal Assent comes before June but I very much doubt it.
I don't have pink sunglasses on. In fact I've been pointing out to optimistic people regularly that this will take time. I also don't expect assent before June. I'm sure that pink sunglasses are not the way here, but black sunglasses might also be the other extreme.

But it's all good.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hey said:
She is just showing off, and looking to be part of the Cabinet " immigration minister"
Not that I need to convince a stranger on the internet, but seriously? I still doubt that you've even understood what the amendment is about (or that you even care). Why do you take your frustration out on the one Senator who is one of the most supporting of our cause? Why do you need to be so personal and claim that she is just showing off?

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
spyfy said:
Yes, and if the HoC accepts the amendments (there is only one vote, not like three readings), then it goes to Royal Assent. Only if the HoC doesn't agree does it go back to the Senate.
Do they need to vote for the amendments in senates in order to move to HoC?
Is it now automatically moved to HoC once introduced?

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Let's be honest, this thing has been poorly handled from the beginning by the Trudeau government. Let me count the ways...............................

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
egghead said:
Let's be honest, this thing has been poorly handled from the beginning by the Trudeau government.
Agreed. This and almost everything else his government has tried to do.

Sad! I had higher expectations from him.

He is young and inexperienced but surely there are more experienced people helping him and organizing government business in the background - at least I hope there are!

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
captain74 said:
Agreed. This and almost everything else his government has tried to do.

Sad! I had higher expectations from him.

He is young and inexperienced but surely there are more experienced people helping him and organizing government business in the background - at least I hope there are!

True, but I honestly still prefer Trudeau over Harper and McCallum over Alexander.
I just don't understand why they had to present amendment on third reading?

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/senate-proposes-major-amendment-to-liberal-citizenship-legislation-it-goes-a-long-way

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Tweet from Sen Jaffer is not good news

Currently the debate is on the amendment. Then the vote for the amendment. Then another 3rd reading debate on the whole bill. Then another vote. OMG

@mego149 @J_polus debate on amendment, Vote, and then 3rd Reading debate and then vote #senCA

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
subha_1962 said:
Tweet from Sen Jaffer is not good news

Currently the debate is on the amendment. Then the vote for the amendment. Then another 3rd reading debate on the whole bill. Then another vote. OMG

@mego149 @J_polus debate on amendment, Vote, and then 3rd Reading debate and then vote #senCA
It seems we are in for a long haul. No need to panic though. Eventually it will come to pass.

smilermail

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rasmy said:
It seems we are in for a long haul. No need to panic though. Eventually it will come to pass.
I am waiting for someone will come up with a 10 to 12 lines of statements, saying how this amendment is lovely and makes sense!

after long time of delaying this bill by the cons now it got delayed by the pro- C-6, Again DAGGER IN THE BACK!