+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
smilermail said:
I am waiting for someone will come up with a 10 to 12 lines of statements, saying how this amendment is lovely and makes sense!

after long time of delaying this bill by the cons now it got delayed by the pro- C-6, Again DAGGER IN THE BACK!
WORD. This 1,000% could have been done in a seperate bill if it mattered that much to her. Instead she just made the legal community lobbyists very, very happy. Yeah, yeah, some better provisions are needed and maybe more hearings, but this is a huge cash grab for lawyers. $20,000 to bring your case to court?!?!? Justice is for the rich.

Just pass the damn bill already!

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Honestly , this amendment is too big to be an amendment .
The amendment itself is very thorough and interesting but it should have been brought up in another bill , amending the citizenship act and the revocation process , it is too big an issue to be just an amendment on a bill . And you know what , this amendment may end up out of the scope .
On their electoral platform , they never said anything about that revocation process.
Pass bill c6 and while you'Re at it and memories are fresh , start a whole and thorough bill that deals with this issue .
Bill c6 was mainly based to modify the REQUIREMENTS for citizenship , that's it !
I have a feeling that the amendment won't be passed , it'll be judged out of scope .
Pass this damned bill as is , and then draft another one . She could even cooperate with the minister to draft one .
With all the vacation period coming up , and OBVIOUS delays ahead , would it pass this june 2017 ?
That's bad.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Didn't Sen Omidvar say if the amendment delays C6 for too long, she would convert it to a separate bill ? Is that option still on the table ?

smilermail

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coffee1981 said:
WORD. This 1,000% could have been done in a seperate bill if it mattered that much to her. Instead she just made the legal community lobbyists very, very happy. Yeah, yeah, some better provisions are needed and maybe more hearings, but this is a huge cash grab for lawyers. $20,000 to bring your case to court?!?!? Justice is for the rich.

Just pass the damn bill already!
the libs and the independent senators pro c-6 should take the advantage of passing the bill without amendment in the committee to expedite the process. I don't understand why she waited that long to mention her amendment, PLEASE don't tell me it needs a time to write a lawful amendment, this bill transferred to the committee in Dec. 2016 and passed on March 2nd 2017, 3 months and she couldn't finish her amendment, give me a break!

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
rasmy said:
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/senate-proposes-major-amendment-to-liberal-citizenship-legislation-it-goes-a-long-way
listened to the webcast. McCoy did say senate don't read the third time without amendment. roadblock!

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
c6 gonna pass guys, someone in the sky is fealing in each one of us and knows that this bill is good for everyone in this topic, let's be happy, life is short, live ur life, enjoy it to the max and it's not worth it anymore to get upset after each sittings, it's affecting our mood for nothing!

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Guys just i said, she is just showing off

There is no meaning for such amendment, if your CITIZNSHP revoked its revoked for very strong reseaon hence a peal will be meaningless so no neeed for adding such amendments

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey said:
Guys just i said, she is just showing off

There is no meaning for such amendment, if your CITIZNSHP revoked its revoked for very strong reseaon hence a peal will be meaningless so no neeed for adding such amendments
Do you like the colour pink?

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Seriously, I come to this thread looking for updates but mostly find depressing comments instead! Here's what's going to happen, the senate will reconvene on the 28th, during that week, they will do the third reading with amendments and send it to the HOC. Looking at previous bills that went through the same process, it shouldn't take long. The HOC will agree to the Senate amendments and the bill will immediately receive Royal assent. Here is an example where it took only one day from senate to HOC to royal assent.

C-9: An Act to amend the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992
Chamber Note Date
Senate 3rd reading with amendments May 13, 2009
House Agreed to Senate amendments May 14, 2009
Royal Assent Chapter 9 May 14, 2009

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
hangincanada said:
listened to the webcast. McCoy did say senate don't read the third time without amendment. roadblock!
Honestly, ridiculous ! Why did they refer bill to the standing committee when they still wanted to amend it. Now, as committee has passed it without amendment, the senate should pass the bill asap. If need be, they can start subsequent bill to close the loopholes. This looks like a never ending story !!!! Frustrating !!!

Libs are intentionally delaying it just to frustrate prospective citizens and look good in eyes of them - it is becoming a battle ground for next elections. Cons delaying for their own reason - to beat Liberals.