Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Desert Lion said:
The government is smart, passed the law this year, but will not be effective his year for many reasons:
1. It will be under attack of many Canada wide demonstrations from hose who were affected and this is not good for their next 2015 elections
2. The up coming applicants of 2015, will find a law that was for one year ahead of them so they will accept it as a normal thing that they came and found before them
3. Gets time to updates the new immigration system soft wares and reforms and train their immigration officers and update the forms and related changes

However, there many reforms are applied when the royal assent was granted and some in July 2014, these will be shown on the immigration website soon
I agree that by this people will smoothly accept the new facts and it won't have a bad impression especially on people who are about to apply! however I think it is a year after because this is a major change and this was the usual norm and it is not because of any hidden agendas, this was always the case even for minor changes like in 2008 which took affect a year after as well!

Jun 18, 2014
mqbh said:
I do not understand how the bill C-24 approval will reduce backlog in near future unless its residency requirement / Pre-PR time / judges elimination clauses become effective immediately.
Can someone explain for my understanding how at present processing times will be reduced based on passing of C-24.
That's so simple! :D Imagine I am a citizenship file officer,once have a bunch of files on the table in front of me and I am rapidly over-viewing them:

-First file,crap..second one,crap..third one,crap..fourth one,crap...one hundred and one,aha,good!

You see,just in almost five minutes,100 files have to be sent back to citizenship applicants!Only one was complete and neat! ;D

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
mqbh said:
I do not understand how the bill C-24 approval will reduce backlog in near future unless its residency requirement / Pre-PR time / judges elimination clauses become effective immediately. In my view, the process time should increase until residency requirement increase because now PRs who are already qualified or will qualify before the new law effectiveness would rush to submit applications as we have seen on this forum. In addition, implementation of LOST Canadian clauses upon the Royal Accent will also increase flow of applications from now onward. However, they can reduce the processing time if by good luck, CIC increases its resources to do so or they find some reason to reject most of the applications and process the few remaining faster.

Can someone explain for my understanding how at present processing times will be reduced based on passing of C-24.
Very Simple .. after the cut of day in July 2015 .. there will be almost no one applying as everyone would have either applied on the old system or people have to wait a year more to meet the requirements of the new system. During that time CIC will just focus on the backlog .. image in it as a buffer .. this buffer has IN from one side and OUT from the other side (IN) is people applying (OUT) is people taking the oath .. in the buffer are files in process or waiting process. After the cut of day .. there will be no more (IN) and CIC will just focus on finalizing applicants they already have in the system .. they have a year time with almost no applicants applying or very few applying .. a year later more people will meet the new requirements and will start applying in usual numbers again .. at that time CIC will almost have no backlog or maybe small backlog .. so they will be able to finalize applicants faster.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
esfandiyar2002 said:
That's so simple! :D Imagine I am a citizenship file officer,once have a bunch of files on the table in front of me and I am rapidly over-viewing them:

-First file,crap..second one,crap..third one,crap..fourth one,crap...one hundred and one,aha,good!

You see,just in almost five minutes,100 files have to be sent back to citizenship applicants!Only one was complete and neat! ;D
Huh?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
I agree that by this people will smoothly accept the new facts and it won't have a bad impression especially on people who are about to apply! however I think it is a year after because this is a major change and this was the usual norm and it is not because of any hidden agendas, this was always the case even for minor changes like in 2008 which took affect a year after as well!
My take is that in addition to the valid points raised above CIC's clearing of the backlog by processing routine Ontario applicants (who make up about 50% of the inventory) fast since Q12013 with even more ramp up in speed effective Q2 2013 has made it easier for the stricter residence clause/ regulations to be delayed to next year. The backlog is mostly non Ontario folk - they don't matter in the election set up (their geographical location is either Conservative strongholds or non swing voters so why appease anyone here) so what if they have to wait 2-3 years to get to the oath.

One good thing to come out of this new Act is that with the CO's deciding to approve 'accepted' applications for oath a lazy officer can't hide behind the 'its with the CJ' line!

sibbi

Mar 11, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2009
Doc's Request.
17-07-2009
Nomination.....
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
07-04-2014
Med's Done....
16-4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah in September 2014
Hi All
After implementation of Bill C24, will permanent resident have to wait for six years after landing or can he apply after completion of four years, if he meet residency requirement of four years.
regards

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sibbi said:
Hi All
After implementation of said bill, will permanent resident have to wait for six years after landing or can he apply after completion of four years, if he meet residency requirement of four years.
regards
If you land and never leave Canada then at the 4 year mark (+1day) you can apply for citizenship. You have to meet all the other requirements in force and CIC has to believe the total sum of your declared physical presence residence days.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
sibi, after landing a PR has to wait 6 years then only he can apply. he has to fulfill 6 months stay starting first and second year and full 12 months stay in successive month.

Technically it means you need 5 years of stay inside Canada out of 6 years. little tricky. first 2 years you need to spread 6 month and 6 months minimum.

sibbi

Mar 11, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2009
Doc's Request.
17-07-2009
Nomination.....
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
07-04-2014
Med's Done....
16-4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
Msafiri said:
If you land and never leave Canada then at the 4 year mark (+1day) you can apply for citizenship. You have to meet all the other requirements in force and CIC has to believe the total sum of your declared physical presence residence days.
Thanks dear for quick reply. what I understand is that if an applicant meet residency condition of four years he can apply next day and he will not have to wait for six years.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?&nid=859509

sibbi

Mar 11, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2009
Doc's Request.
17-07-2009
Nomination.....
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
07-04-2014
Med's Done....
16-4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
blueshirt said:
sibi, after landing a PR has to wait 6 years then only he can apply. he has to fulfill 6 months stay starting first and second year and full 12 months stay in successive month.

Technically it means you need 5 years of stay inside Canada out of 6 years. little tricky. first 2 years you need to spread 6 month and 6 months minimum.
Dear I don't think so, please read following:
•Requiring 14-64 year-olds to meet knowledge and language requirements provides an incentive for more individuals to acquire official language proficiency and civics knowledge, which helps them successfully integrate into Canadian society.
•Citizenship applicants will need to be physically present in Canada for a total of four out of their last six years. In addition, they will need to be physically present in Canada for 183 days per year for at least four of those six years. These provisions will come into force in approximately a year.
•Under the new streamlined decision-making model, citizenship officers will decide all aspects of a citizenship application. Under the old model, obtaining citizenship was a three-step process that involved duplication of work.
•Since 2006, Canada has welcomed over 1,300,000 proud new Canadians. Citizenship and Immigration Canada received 333,860 citizenship applications in 2013, the highest volume ever.

mqbh

Jun 16, 2014
sicko86 said:
Very Simple .. after the cut of day in July 2015 .. there will be almost no one applying as everyone would have either applied on the old system or people have to wait a year more to meet the requirements of the new system. During that time CIC will just focus on the backlog .. image in it as a buffer .. this buffer has IN from one side and OUT from the other side (IN) is people applying (OUT) is people taking the oath .. in the buffer are files in process or waiting process. After the cut of day .. there will be no more (IN) and CIC will just focus on finalizing applicants they already have in the system .. they have a year time with almost no applicants applying or very few applying .. a year later more people will meet the new requirements and will start applying in usual numbers again .. at that time CIC will almost have no backlog or maybe small backlog .. so they will be able to finalize applicants faster.
Hi Sicko86, thanks. If you read my comment again, you will find I was talking about the time before cut off date in response to someone telling that processing will be faster in coming few months bcs of new law. Of course, you are right that there will be impact on the processing speed just after the cut of date.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Formthose who applied with their resident calculator showing 1095 when the paper was signed, they are fine, it is not like what you read or hear, the application will NOT be returned as it is the law, and required days are 1095 and of course this comes after adding days of absence or sentences were added, the worst case scenario they will ask you why you applied early and send you a RQ, but they cannot refuse it as the immigration officers go by papers and law and it is clearly stated 1095

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mqbh said:
I do not understand how the bill C-24 approval will reduce backlog in near future unless its residency requirement / Pre-PR time / judges elimination clauses become effective immediately. In my view, the process time should increase until residency requirement increase because now PRs who are already qualified or will qualify before the new law effectiveness would rush to submit applications as we have seen on this forum. In addition, implementation of LOST Canadian clauses upon the Royal Accent will also increase flow of applications from now onward. However, they can reduce the processing time if by good luck, CIC increases its resources to do so or they find some reason to reject most of the applications and process the few remaining faster.

The one step process will be implemented gradually and as of yesterday.. No need anymore for CJ approvals.. And the 22M cad left from the budget will be invested to reduce the backlog.. By election day 80% of the backlog will vote Tories as they are the saviors who got most applicants out of the citizenship gridlock! (Tory version :) of events)

mqbh

Jun 16, 2014
Michels said:
The one step process will be implemented gradually and as of yesterday.. No need anymore for CJ approvals.. And the 22M cad left from the budget will be invested to reduce the backlog.. By election day 80% of the backlog will vote Tories as they are the saviors who got most applicants out of the citizenship gridlock! (Tory version :) of events)
Right. That may be possible after CJ removal clause becomes operative.