+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
I told every one in this forum the bill will be implemented before June 18, every one laughed
lets hope u r wrong for a few more days.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
u4g5 said:
If the Minister has any mercy left , he will give a head-up after the bill pass 3rd reading in senate.
He will say the bill will come into full force on july 1st.
Or they can just ask GG for royal assent right on the same day the bill passes 3rd reading, which will be either later this week or early next week.
Man they can't .. they have to prepare the system for the new Changes .. Like New Forms , Online Calculator .. there are people who are preparing documents to apply .. they should give people proper notice. I never saw a Bill coming into force that fast.

It is either a Bill coming into force on Royal Assent or on later date. This is clearly on Later date as it is mentioned in the Bill itself .. this Later date can't be 4 days after .. this will be stupid and ridiculous .. this doesn't even happen in 3rd world countries to happen this way here. So it won't

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Man they can't .. they have to prepare the system for the new Changes .. Like New Forms , Online Calculator .. there are people who are preparing documents to apply .. they should give people proper notice. I never saw a Bill coming into force that fast.

It is either a Bill coming into force on Royal Assent or on later date. This is clearly on Later date as it is mentioned in the Bill itself .. this Later date can't be 4 days after .. this will be stupid and ridiculous .. this doesn't even happen in 3rd world countries to happen this way here. So it won't
How about if all what you mentioned is already prepared! :eek:

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
I told every one in this forum the bill will be implemented before June 18, every one laughed
And people still laugh at you. Because that wasn't true daydreamer. It hasn't passed Senate yet. Tomorrow is June 18. Go find yourself a pillow.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was trying to think of the rationale behind passing the bill before or on Canada. The only logic to passing the bill in such a haste is the section of the bill that addresses lost Canadians. My suspicion is that the government has identified and notified some lost Canadians they intend to give citizenship on Canada day. It's good publicity for the bill and also a good platform to launch a political campaign for the CONS.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cant go to fedex now or i might just leave work to do that.
so i have to bet 1 more time that it wont go through 3rd reading tmw!!!!!!!!!
again , APPLY NOW IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 22, 2014
MrB said:
I was trying to think of the rationale behind passing the bill before or on Canada. The only logic to passing the bill in such a haste is the section of the bill that addresses lost Canadians. My suspicion is that the government has identified and notified some lost Canadians they intend to give citizenship on Canada day. It's good publicity for the bill and also a good platform to launch a political campaign for the CONS.
Spot on!

The government knows Canada day is a big platform and the announcement of the passing of the new bill will be done on July 1st. Imagine coming home after a day filled with love and patriotism for your country to the 7pm news which says the govt has made some great new changes to the Citizenship and Immigration Act. One of them being giving Citizenship back to the lost Canadian.

It is a political soundbite and maneuver. It wins hearts and votes.

I do not however think the Minister intends to enact all the parts of the bill on July 1st. Lost Canadians? Yes. Other sections? No.

So I believe there will be some time between when the bill is passed and when it will come into force for the residency requirement, intent to reside clause etc. These changes require training, change in processes etc.

I may be wrong, but this is my 2 cents.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Matches_Malone said:
Spot on!

The government knows Canada day is a big platform and the announcement of the passing of the new bill will be done on July 1st. Imagine coming home after a day filled with love and patriotism for your country to the 7pm news which says the govt has made some great new changes to the Citizenship and Immigration Act. One of them being giving Citizenship back to the lost Canadian.

It is a political soundbite and maneuver. It wins hearts and votes.

I do not however think the Minister intends to enact all the parts of the bill on July 1st. Lost Canadians? Yes. Other sections? No.

So I believe there will be some time between when the bill is passed and when it will come into force for the residency requirement, intent to reside clause etc. These changes require training, change in processes etc.

I may be wrong, but this is my 2 cents.
I second that.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
new update on parliament website, http://www.parl.gc.ca/LEGISInfo/LAAG.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1
so anxious to see when this bill receive royal assent.
it really really depend on the Minister
if he wants, he can ask for it on the same day the bill passes 3rd reading.
or he can wait for a few more days.

Mors

May 28, 2014
wadelmaki said:
I am really surprised that all these fights and efforts made to stop this bill have amounted to nothing, not even a change in how the bill is phrased!

Beyond that, not even 1 day delay

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
It will probably come into force immediately (no earlier than one day after the final parliamentary stage: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LEGISInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=6401990&View=6). The training of staff on the new process is not a factor for the delay of the Royal Assent because, rather than delaying that, the Tories will add the overhead time to the applicants' processing time -- which will include staff training...

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Empirical-Scientist said:
It will probably come into force immediately (no earlier than one day after the final parliamentary stage: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LEGISInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=6401990&View=6). The training of staff on the new process is not a factor for the delay of the Royal Assent because, rather than delaying that, the Tories will add the overhead time to the applicants' processing time -- which will include staff training...
"no earlier than one day after the final parliamentary stage" is common sentence they always use"

Practically it won't come into force until January 1st 2015.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
sicko86 said:
"no earlier than one day after the final parliamentary stage" is common sentence they always use"

Practically it won't come into force until January 1st 2015.
The latter is wishful thinking, at least from my side. I suspect July 1st, Canada Day, is a target they have in mind. Not sure if Johnston will give assent...