+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
I don't issue any predictions as to when the new bill will take effect. There is no way to know.

What I do know is what has happened in the past with similar immigration and citizenship bills. It took months for those bills to take effect after passage in Parliament. For example, for the last citizenship bill (C-37) it took one full year for it to take effect on April 17, 2009 after it was passed on April 18, 2008. For another example, the last major immigration bill took at least six months to take effect on June 18, 2002.

It takes months for the implementation of any major bills like this. Bill C-24 has not even passed one chamber yet. So anyone who claims the bill will take effect within a matter of days is a sheer ignorant person with no understanding of how the federal government moves.
Yes this is eye opening. I'm still new to this so thanks very much. My date is this November.

Let's not panic. But still we should write to our senators. There are lots of people who will be affected by this.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Yes this is eye opening. I'm still new to this so thanks very much. My date is this November.

Let's not panic. But still we should write to our senators. There are lots of people who will be affected by this.
Yes surely we should write to our senators this is their email addresses :

http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsMembers/Senate/SenatorsBiography/isenator_det.asp?senator_id=2787&sortord=P&Language=E&M=M

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As this bill now getting media attention and born Canadians started raising their voice on the bill specially on dual citizen strip issue as large nos of white Canadians has dual citizenship with US, British, France.

Toronto lawyer Rocco Galati warned MPs, senators and the Governor General, in separate letters sent on Monday, not to pass Bill C-24 until the government referred a key provision of the bill to the Supreme Court for a legal opinion.

Alexander is acting like a puppet of Harper and looks this guy does not have any knowledge on charter or constitution. He falsely said majority of Bar association members are not raising concern when the truth is opposite. Bar association will have a senate hearing Wednesday.

Bottom line is, things are getting little clumsy now and Harper may not pass the bill without addressing the dual citizen strip issue to the white Canadian and in the process let's hope this bill may be delayed.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Alexander is acting like a puppet of Harper and looks this guy does not have any knowledge on charter or constitution. He falsely said majority of Bar association members are not raising concern when the truth is opposite. Bar association will have a senate hearing Wednesday.
By doing so, I believe they also lose trust (and thus vote in the upcoming election).

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Meanwhile...in some other places people are renouncing citizenship ;D

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/10/ted-cruz-senator-canadian-citizenship_n_5482433.html

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Do not worry about Alexander; his strategy is to personally attack every person who is critical of anything in the bill.

So far, he has said that the Bar Association is misguided, and that most of its members are not aware of what is being said in their name (lawyers are not informed about new bills and they do not read papers apparently), then the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers is trying to drum up business, and he practically said Galati is in with the Khadr family, equating the lawyer with the defendant.

All of those folks have been very restrained and they refused to attack the minister. They just said there are issues with the bill and the government should pay attention to that.

I agree, things are starting to pick up and there is more and more media attention. Galati changed everything. I hope it is going to snowball into something serious quickly.

I wrote a letter against bill c 24 and emailed it to several liberal senators (I thought the cons would just ignore it like Alexander did when I wrote to him a few weeks ago).

Do your bit and spread the word in every way you can! Make sure online polls show that the majority of Canadians are against the bill.

By the way, here is a chance for you to give your opinion on the bill (hear the audio, and then write your comment below it):

http://www.cbc.ca/q/blog/2014/06/09/q-essay-who-is-a-canadian/

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
This bill is driving me crazy , sine the day they introduced it ....and I can't think , I can't sleep & eat well , planed things changed , and now even iam not able to plan , I came to Canada to relax myself from what I saw , but seems no where to relax ....

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Q Essay: Bill C-24 set to change who gets to be Canadian

http://www.cbc.ca/q/blog/2014/06/09/q-essay-who-is-a-canadian/

In today's opening essay, Jian offers a critical take on Bill C-24, the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act. The proposed legislation that is likely to pass into law before this session of parliament wraps up in a few weeks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
us2yow said:
Meanwhile...in some other places people are renouncing citizenship ;D

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/10/ted-cruz-senator-canadian-citizenship_n_5482433.html
Why is this relevant? He did it purely for political advancement, so that he might be able to run as US president.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
yyzhuang said:

Please send your e-mails to Senators, at least one line " Please stop this unjust Bill against Canadians otherwise Nation will not forgive you, stop dividing the Nation"

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
yyzhuang said:
https://www.facebook.com/citizenshipactcanada

names and email addresses of Senate members:
Kelvin Kenneth Ogilvie kelvin.ogilvie @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Art Eggleton art.eggleton @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Maria Chaput maria.chaput @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Jane Cordy jane.cordy @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Nicole Eaton nicole.eaton @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Tobias C. Enverga Jr. tobias.enverga @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Jim Munson jim.munson @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Nancy Ruth nancy.ruth @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Hugh Segal kfl @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Judith G. Seidman judith.seidman @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Asha Seth asha.seth @ sen.parl.gc.ca
Carolyn Stewart Olsen carolyn.stewartolsen @ sen.parl.gc.ca
It will not take more than few minutes to send e-mails to above senators.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hasher said:
It will not take more than few minutes to send e-mails to above senators.
Come on guys, do not just spam senators. Take ten minutes and write at least 3-4 short paragraphs, and be respectable and write a proper letter.

It is not enough to say 'Stop it!' Perhaps include a heart-rending story about your life in Canada, hard work, suffering, sacrifice and separation from family, how long it will have been when you are granted citizenship (a decade in my case, since I first applied for PR overseas), how the new law will affect you, and why exactly you oppose it.

Also, never forget to say you love this place and your allegiance to the country and the way of life is unquestionable. It seems it is a requirement when you talk about Canada :). Unless you say that, you don't have their attention :). Sorry, always a cynic.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There will be a Senate meeting for live video stream regarding this Bill C24 today at 3 Pm :

Please click this link :

http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/Guide.aspx?viewmode=1&categoryid=-1&currentdate=2014-06-11&_eventid=-1&languagecode=12298

and click on SOCI Meeting No. 37

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Tolerance said:
Come on guys, do not just spam senators. Take ten minutes and write at least 3-4 short paragraphs, and be respectable and write a proper letter.

It is not enough to say 'Stop it!' Perhaps include a heart-rending story about your life in Canada, hard work, suffering, sacrifice and separation from family, how long it will have been when you are granted citizenship (a decade in my case, since I first applied for PR overseas), how the new law will affect you, and why exactly you oppose it.

Also, never forget to say you love this place and your allegiance to the country and the way of life is unquestionable. It seems it is a requirement when you talk about Canada :). Unless you say that, you don't have their attention :). Sorry, always a cynic.
I agree, I just want to motivate those who thinks it would take lot of efforts to write a letter to senators, otherwise we should take all our time and use our energy to write a humble and convincing letters - no matter what the out come.

I know we can just try, but we should not let go without some shots.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Hasher said:
I agree, I just want to motivate those who thinks it would take lot of efforts to write a letter to senators, otherwise we should take all our time and use our energy to write a humble and convincing letters - no matter what the out come.

I know we can just try, but we should not let go without some shots.
I agree with that - writing a letter to a senator is not a big deal, and nobody should be shy about it. You have every right to express displeasure with the bill. It won't take more than ten minutes.

The aim is to show them that Alexander's talk of overwhelming support for the bill is nonsense.