+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BEIRUT Family Class Applications sent to Mississauga then BEIRUT 2012

Mazen239

Sep 23, 2012
No Yass, it was requested before embassy closure in Damascus, isn't that weird? Beirut visa office didn't request any document except for medical test renewal on May 2012. Damascus VO also requested police certificate from UAE, supplementary information and prove that i have completed my military service from Ministry of Defense.

Yass

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2011
Med's Request
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
21-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
Wallah strange, but the RQ is one of the forms they require applicants to renew.
I suggest you email them and inquire about your file, or at least order the CAIPS notes, it will show what they have and what they are going to ask you for.

sarahj10

Nov 26, 2012
can anyone tell me what it means when they change your ecas status to in process? does that mean i am waiting for security check?they requested new medical, police certificate,military,and a residency questionnare form and after they were submitted they changed his ecas to in process.

Keko

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/april/2011
Doc's Request.
26/September /2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
Med's Request
26/09/2012
Med's Done....
04/October /2012
Passport Req..
06-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
Nshallah soon
Hi. Yass
I have been here not from a long time it is strange what happened with my wife in 3rd of December in last stage of assesment and familly officer is reviewing the file for decision and after that approxi in 6th of december called us asking about my new baby and said every thing is cleared they need only the recede of citizenship for our new baby then my wife asked them when I'll get the visa they said soon so we asked before new year Aid no in January I kept sending them emails plying adain for us that final stage and reviewing by familly officer and we ask you kindly stop emailing us when we make a decesion we will contact you so wala it is not fair it took too much time she maskhara
This is what happened with us in our case

lebneni001

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Hellooo every one,
I was requested to send my police certificate from Canada, because I lived there for a while, and also to do my medical for the second time, but never asked to fill the questionare, no idea what that is.
So can you plz tell me what that is.
Good luck to every one
Merry X-Mas and happy new year. Hope the 2013 gets us all an awesome news.

Mazen239

Sep 23, 2012
Yass, the VO replied to my inquiry and said they were waiting for security results, my spouse has also contacted the immigration in Canada and she was told the same, anyway I will send them an email again.

lebneni001

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
YASS how are you? Looks like you know a lot about this stuff, so I have a question if u don't minde, what's the questionare that every one needs to fill, I have not filled any yet so how do I get it and fill it up? Do I have to wait for the VO to request it? Also there is a person that I know, his application was in sryia and then transferred to turkey because he is from Iran... He got his papers and was never asked to fill it, he had a same situation like mine , he used to live in Canada, is that maybe why he was never asked to fill it??
Thank you.

Yass

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2011
Med's Request
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
21-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
sarahj10 said:
can anyone tell me what it means when they change your ecas status to in process? does that mean i am waiting for security check?they requested new medical, police certificate,military,and a residency questionnare form and after they were submitted they changed his ecas to in process.
sarahj10,
Ok, to determine at what stage the CIC is isn't easy unless they reveal at which step they are at.
According to their website:
"In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this queue can be long. Applications are processed according to the application processing times at a given location.
In addition, CAS does not show some other actions—such as security checks—at all. So it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file, even though you have had interactions with Citizenship and Immigration Canada recently."
I don't have your stats Sarah, I don't know if you've renewed your medical or not!
To better understand your situation, you can post the following:
- Status & Province
Dates of:
- Application received
- Date received in Damascus
- Email for renewing medical
- Residency Questionnaire requested

and I will add you to the Beirut VO chart we have at:
http://tinyurl.com/9pfuwmx

This applies to all of the new friends posting on this forum page.

Yass

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2011
Med's Request
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
21-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
Keko said:
Hi. Yass
I have been here not from a long time it is strange what happened with my wife in 3rd of December in last stage of assesment and familly officer is reviewing the file for decision and after that approxi in 6th of december called us asking about my new baby and said every thing is cleared they need only the recede of citizenship for our new baby then my wife asked them when I'll get the visa they said soon so we asked before new year Aid no in January I kept sending them emails plying adain for us that final stage and reviewing by familly officer and we ask you kindly stop emailing us when we make a decesion we will contact you so wala it is not fair it took too much time she maskhara
This is what happened with us in our case
Keko,
According to your earlier posts the Embassy told you the visa is ready and they only needed the receipt for Citizenship application for one of your daughters and the Canadian passport for the the other daughter.
If that's true then your case is done, I don't have your full stats, but it seems they made a decision on your file.
Don't email them anymore, how long has your application been in process??
If you don't mind send me or post your stats so I could add you to Beirut VO chart.

Yass

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2011
Med's Request
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
21-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-02-2013
lebneni001 said:
YASS how are you? Looks like you know a lot about this stuff, so I have a question if u don't minde, what's the questionare that every one needs to fill, I have not filled any yet so how do I get it and fill it up? Do I have to wait for the VO to request it? Also there is a person that I know, his application was in sryia and then transferred to turkey because he is from Iran... He got his papers and was never asked to fill it, he had a same situation like mine , he used to live in Canada, is that maybe why he was never asked to fill it??
Thank you.
lebneni001,
The Residency Questionnaire is a form to be filled out by the Principal Applicant, and it contains questions to the Principal Applicant about the Sponsor.
The Embassy usually sends it to the Applicant by email when they request the medical and/or the Police Certificate be renewed if applicable
I have uploaded the form and you can find it at this link:
http://tinyurl.com/cq9l3bh

lebneni001

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Yass said:
lebneni001,
The Residency Questionnaire is a form to be filled out by the Principal Applicant, and it contains questions to the Principal Applicant about the Sponsor.
The Embassy usually sends it to the Applicant by email when they request the medical and/or the Police Certificate be renewed if applicable
I have uploaded the form and you can find it at this link:
http://tinyurl.com/cq9l3bh
Thank you YASS
So here is my history

My application was received in Syria on January 25 2011
2nd medical were requested on January 2012
Along with a police certificate from Lebanon and Canada because I lived there
And still quite till this day.

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
lebneni001 said:
Thank you YASS
So here is my history

My application was received in Syria on January 25 2011
2nd medical were requested on January 2012
Along with a police certificate from Lebanon and Canada because I lived there
And still quite till this day.
Hello everyone! We were not requested to do the residency questionaire either just redo medicals and new police certificate. I'm from Alberta, I guess it's random? Or does everyone have to do RQ?!? I hope we hear somethin this weeks those visa officers are so lazy and have no heart :(

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tina85 said:
Hello everyone! We were not requested to do the residency questionaire either just redo medicals and new police certificate. I'm from Alberta, I guess it's random? Or does everyone have to do RQ?!? I hope we hear somethin this weeks those visa officers are so lazy and have no heart :(
Hello Tina85 and Lebneni001, we also were not requested to fill the RQ, but after 2 years in process I do not think they ask about it, also in my caips they wrote positive select decision entered ;D I hope it means I have done :-\ what do you think?

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody :) , I wanna say Merry Christmas to our Christian friends I hope next eid you and all of us will be with our spouse

lebneni001

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
lele said:
Hello everybody :) , I wanna say Merry Christmas to our Christian friends I hope next eid you and all of us will be with our spouse
Hiiii lele , walla wish all of us the best of luck on this and nshallah it will be all done soon, but what's caips ???
If u don't mind
Thank
And happy holiday