Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 01 2013
AOR Received.
May 9 2013
Med's Done....
April 24 2013
well I have some good news. my wife got an email today requesting her passport. this is less then 1 year since we applied. May 5 is when i sent the application to mississauga and it was redirected to Ottawa and so on. So my wife is with me but now soon she will be a permanent resident.

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
arab21 said:
well I have some good news. my wife got an email today requesting her passport. this is less then 1 year since we applied. May 5 is when i sent the application to mississauga and it was redirected to Ottawa and so on. So my wife is with me but now soon she will be a permanent resident.
Congratulations man!
Don't forget us :D especially in the coming 2 days, everybody will be asking you tons of question.
Im the first one ;)

Can you tell us when you met your wife and how? were you a permanent resident before meeting your wife? are you canadian born?

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
arab21 said:
Nice mabrouk arab21 3a 2bailna ya rab. What does your ecas say. Did it change to in process?

I mean sorry I might sound a bit awkward here. It looks like they forgot about March applicants. This process is a total BS. My husbands medical expiresnnext week. What the hell they are waiting for?

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
hey guys ,
i checked my ecas today and it is changed to in process.

1. We received your application for permanent
residence on May 1, 2013.
2. We started processing
your application on April 29,
3. Medical results have been received.

Do u think we are close now ?

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
hi again :)
Another update :)
they just sent me an email requesting some documents ....passport copy,csq,police certificate .... and i must send em in 30 days .

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
sue89 said:
hi again :)
Another update :)
they just sent me an email requesting some documents ....passport copy,csq,police certificate .... and i must send em in 30 days .

Hi Sue,

Mabrouk for the new status...hopefully it will not take them too long to finish up the file. I also have in process but they did not as for anything yet..

just one question..is it you or ur husband the principal applicant? and why did they ask for a passport copy? are you from a visa exempt country?

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
arab21 said:
Mabrouk Arab21,

did they ask you to submit any new documents (police certificate...) before u got the passport request?

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
lebcan said:
Hi Sue,

Mabrouk for the new status...hopefully it will not take them too long to finish up the file. I also have in process but they did not as for anything yet..

just one question..is it you or ur husband the principal applicant? and why did they ask for a passport copy? are you from a visa exempt country?

hi lebcan,
Thank you inshala it will not take too long.
My husband is sponsoring me. I dont know what u mean by exempt country and i have no idea why they asked for a passport copy , they also asked for a divorce certeficat too. ( for me n my ex) . Do u think that a divorce may affect the application ?

lebcan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA (Beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013 (To Beirut)
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
sue89 said:
hi lebcan,
Thank you inshala it will not take too long.
My husband is sponsoring me. I dont know what u mean by exempt country and i have no idea why they asked for a passport copy , they also asked for a divorce certeficat too. ( for me n my ex) . Do u think that a divorce may affect the application ?
hi sue,
When an applicant is visa exempt it means he doesn't need a visa to enter Canada so they just ask for a copy of the passport, whereas us, Lebanese applicants, they ask for the whole passport to issue the visa on it. .so since u said they only asked for a copy of it, I was wondering if u hv a non lebanese passport..

didn't u submit ur divorce certificate along with the application?
Honestly I have no clue but I don't think it affects it badly, maybe just more background checks but not a negative effect!

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
lebcan said:
hi sue,
When an applicant is visa exempt it means he doesn't need a visa to enter Canada so they just ask for a copy of the passport, whereas us, Lebanese applicants, they ask for the whole passport to issue the visa on it. .so since u said they only asked for a copy of it, I was wondering if u hv a non lebanese passport..

didn't u submit ur divorce certificate along with the application?
Honestly I have no clue but I don't think it affects it badly, maybe just more background checks but not a negative effect!

Hi lebcan,
No i dont have a non lebanese passport , and i didnt submit my divorce certificatr along with the application. we submitted the one belongs to my husband and his ex.
I think they asked for the passport copy maybe for identity information i mean instead of asking for the identity card since the passport holds al the informations they need about the applicant. and they will ask for the passport later after finishing the processing .we need arab21 to answer ur question it will help in this case .

chris_z77

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (beirut)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-06-2013
Soon_Canadian said:
I emailed them around 10 days ago, and same thing here, no reply and not even automated response.

As for the question asked earlier:

My wife is a pure Canadian, she was born there and her parents were born there...etc
I am pure Lebanese, never been to Canada before, i applied 3 times for visitor visa and got rejected for same reasons as everyone else.
My wife came to Lebanon as a tourist and we met on the first day she arrived, we got married 1 month and a half later, i know i know, everyone tells us the same thing, we are crazy....but crazy in love :)
We have been married for 2 years and a half now, she visits me every 8 weeks for 4-6 weeks!
Soon_Canadian, I was thinking about you...

When you e-mail them, do not forget to mention your application file, your name date of birth. Start you e-mail with "This e-mail concerns application F0000000 for applicant {Your name} born on the {Your date of birth}

Explain that it is a sponsorship application and state your issue. Don't forget to mention that you were sending e-mails but never getting a response and that you requested an address change but apparently they tried to contact you on the same address. Attach all the previous e-mails you sent them.

Send an E-mail AND a Fax AND a regular mail. They suggest that do not do this, but explain in your letter that you decided to do that because of the previous experience. Ask them kindly to reply with confirmation that they received your letter within 10 days (or less if you want). Every time 10 days passes and you see no replies or changes, send it again with the previous mails as attachment. if a month passes without any change/contact/confirmation, do whatever you need to do to reach them on the phone and book an appointment, I know you live outside Lebanon now, but a trip to the embassy would be worth it!

Hang in there buddy! you are going to have a bumpy road ahead of you!

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
chris_z77 said:
Soon_Canadian, I was thinking about you...

When you e-mail them, do not forget to mention your application file, your name date of birth. Start you e-mail with "This e-mail concerns application F0000000 for applicant {Your name} born on the {Your date of birth}

Explain that it is a sponsorship application and state your issue. Don't forget to mention that you were sending e-mails but never getting a response and that you requested an address change but apparently they tried to contact you on the same address. Attach all the previous e-mails you sent them.

Send an E-mail AND a Fax AND a regular mail. They suggest that do not do this, but explain in your letter that you decided to do that because of the previous experience. Ask them kindly to reply with confirmation that they received your letter within 10 days (or less if you want). Every time 10 days passes and you see no replies or changes, send it again with the previous mails as attachment. if a month passes without any change/contact/confirmation, do whatever you need to do to reach them on the phone and book an appointment, I know you live outside Lebanon now, but a trip to the embassy would be worth it!

Hang in there buddy! you are going to have a bumpy road ahead of you!
Thank you Chris. I emailed them again yesterday and i got an automated response. Lets see how long its going to take them to get back to me. My ecas still states that application received and they still didn't change my address on ecas...simply UNBELIEVABLE!!

Soon_Canadian

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut(CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
AOR Received.
22-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-9-2013(To Beirut)
TSI,

What happened with your wife going for an interview?!

arab21

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 01 2013
AOR Received.
May 9 2013
Med's Done....
April 24 2013
chris_z77 said:
Congratulations man!
Don't forget us :D especially in the coming 2 days, everybody will be asking you tons of question.
Im the first one ;)

Can you tell us when you met your wife and how? were you a permanent resident before meeting your wife? are you canadian born?
we met in 2012 through my relative in Lebanon. I'm a canadian citizen. no i was born in lebanon

arab21

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 01 2013
AOR Received.
May 9 2013
Med's Done....
April 24 2013
lebcan said:
Mabrouk Arab21,

did they ask you to submit any new documents (police certificate...) before u got the passport request?
no, they just asked for the passport and told us we have 2 weeks to reply.