+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement of Parents or Mine??

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I will be taking an education loan from a government-approved national bank by mortgaging my father's property. And as financial proof, I will be submitting the loan sanction letter from the bank. In addition to this, I will attach mine and my father's bank statements to show we get a steady monthly income. But the main document to show the financial proof would be the education loan sanction letter.
will these documents be enough?

"The VOs are not interested if its a borrowed money or not, the only way that raises concern to them is if it was a loan letter submitted as a proof of funds which might make them be curious for the authenticity of it."
According to your above comment, will they still be skeptical about the authenticity of the loan sanction letter from the bank?
OR
can you please explain what exactly you meant by "if it was a loan letter submitted as a proof of funds which might make them be curious for the authenticity of it."

Thank you
You need not to be worried. Since its an educational loan, they recognize it. However, it would be reasonable if the funds can directly be accessible by you and proof of this be shown.

All the VO is concerned about is that the proof of funds shown can be or is accessible by the applicant without any form of restrictions.

anonymous4056b

Dec 17, 2019
You need not to be worried. Since its an educational loan, they recognize it. However, it would be reasonable if the funds can directly be accessible by you and proof of this be shown.

All the VO is concerned about is that the proof of funds shown can be or is accessible by the applicant without any form of restrictions.
Ok thanks for the reply
Will it be a problem if the bank transfers the loan amount directly to the university? Is this some kind of restriction?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Ok thanks for the reply
Will it be a problem if the bank transfers the loan amount directly to the university? Is this some kind of restriction?
I don't see a problem with this but I believe every bank has their own loan policy in terms of disbursement. Find out from your bank and if you are from one of the SDS countries, its best you pay for the full tuition fees.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Good day everyone
I applied to Carleton University for fall 2019 for an undergraduate degreebut was denied visa so I decided to apply to University of Manitoba for fall 2020 have been accepted
1.do I state to visa officer that have been once denied in my sop
2.is it compulsory to pay fees for first year before applying as my sister applied in 2017 for a bachelor degree in law with 7million and was given without paying any first year fees
3.my tuition fees and cost of living totals 28,200cad and I have 33,000cad equivalent into 9million my dad account with lands and 2 companies is this enough to get a visa
Please I need replies asap thanks

faezehjalali

Apr 30, 2020
Having the proper documents just from the Bank doesn't garuntee your visa. There are many other things that will come into consideration.
Example:-

Your IELTS score
Gaps more than 5 years
Your academic grades
The course should be relevent to your previous education
All applications filled in correctly

Everything should be in order.

As for the financial documents.
1. Fathers sponsor letter
2. His bank statement of the last 6 months which includes your 1 year tuition fee plus 12000 dollars.
3. An employement letter from your fathers work place or his business licence if he is self employed.
4. Fixed deposits (optional not important. Makes your case stronger)

Hi I have the exact question and the thing is I don't know how the sponsor letter should be and I don't find it anywhere. Can you walk me through it?