Bad news for TFW under food service processing their LMO

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ganesh.cafe said:
Hi,
Does anybody know when the lmo for food sector will re open in Alberta. Worried.
When it re-opens, it will re-open for all of Canada. Nobody knows for sure when that will happen though. We can only make educated guesses. My guess is that we shouldn't expect anything before Friday at the very earliest. Next week is their last week in the House of Commons before their three-month summer break, and their schedule for next week is completely full. Therefore, the 20th will the be the earliest possible date for them to lift the moratorium and continue the program under whatever new rules Kenney has up his sleeve. They'll probably lift the moratorium a week or two after they adjourn for summer break. I hope they do it before the end of this month. The sooner this moratorium is lifted, the better.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Changes coming up this Friday -
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-to-announce-changes-to-foreign-worker-program-friday/article19244789/?service=mobile

Hope everything goes good

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
Changes coming up this Friday -
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-to-announce-changes-to-foreign-worker-program-friday/article19244789/?service=mobile

Hope everything goes good
Dude, I was just about to post this. You beat me to it.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the sound of the article in Metro it seems all good news for TFW's already in Canada.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://metronews.ca/news/canada/1072070/decision-on-foreign-workers-coming-friday/

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenny12345 said:
From the sound of the article in Metro it seems all good news for TFW's already in Canada.
Well, the metro article doesn't sound so great for those of us who are still processing our work permits to get there.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/temporary-foreign-worker-program-reforms-to-target-employers-who-break-rules-1.2681436

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
stopDA said:
Well, the metro article doesn't sound so great for those of us who are still processing our work permits to get there.
Metro article dated Dec 9, 2013????

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is update of moratorium

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/highlights.shtml

RizwanAB

Apr 1, 2013
EVERY 1 KNOWS ABOUT THE UPDATE,,,,,,,,,,,,,some one can clarify it please.........FKL, StopDA.

What i understand till now:

1-Following LMIA(previously LMO) will not be processed for sure either new application or the previous one:

NOC Code NOC4 Title
6641 Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and Related Occupations
6661 Light Duty Cleaners
6611 Cashiers
6622 Grocery Clerks and Store Shelf Stockers
7611 Construction Trades Helpers and Labourers
8612 Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourers
6672 Other Attendants in Accommodation and Travel
6663 Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents
6662 Specialized Cleaners
6651 Security Guards and Related Occupations

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE JOB CODES, LIKE MINE IS 6211..... pending applications in the Canadian high commission, before the moratorium????? HOW THEY ARE GOING TO TREAT THEM......?????

Singham

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
CHANDIGARH
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hope so
same Question here rizwan bro.
7 months pending with cic abudhabi.

stop da, introcanada,,flk..we need ur opinion now.

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks like I'll definitely have to transition to the high wage stream in my field of study if I want to become a PR. My current job (food counter attendant) offered to apply for a supervisory position, but I've been working there for almost 13 months now. By the time that that would be arranged I'd be at my 2 year cap already. It seems they are not messing around with the temporary bit.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ErickNL said:
It looks like I'll definitely have to transition to the high wage stream in my field of study if I want to become a PR. My current job (food counter attendant) offered to apply for a supervisory position, but I've been working there for almost 13 months now. By the time that that would be arranged I'd be at my 2 year cap already. It seems they are not messing around with the temporary bit.

Food service supervisor is not qualified thru cec or federal skilled worker anymore so I dont know the way that u can apply for your PR