+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

snow100

Oct 24, 2009
Qorax,
Please I need your advice,I'm a post june26 applicant I had MR RPRF by post , and also an email requesting police certificates for, me and my spouse from my home country and another one from Nigeria for my spouse all that in one month,the problem is he's having a great difficulty in getting the nigerian one he had his fingerprints taken at a local police station and they told him that it should be forwarded to Lagos to be issued but till now they haven't done anything , first it was because of the political troubles there but then nothing was done .I had to send the other pcc's with the RPRF and of course the medicals were done,all this along with a cover letter explaining the reason for not including the nigerian pcc so as not to be late for the 30 days deadline.My question is that will my file be processed as incomplete, and can this lead to a refusal,if there's any thing else I can do please advise me.If he couldn't get the pcc can I explain the reason for them and will they accept it and proceed with the processing .Also can I phone them to inquire about all that or will it be useless?
Our deadline was 20th of May.Till now there is no response from the VO.

Thank you in advance for your effort. :)

hd2k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
hello
i am an old system applicant , waiting for medicals
if i want to update london chc about the change of my position in the company what documents should i send ?
thanks in advance

challa

May 13, 2011
qorax said:
1. B/g checks culminate with the meds.
2. If u had a 'joint' meds+PPR -- give it 3-4 months.
3. If it's only meds -- give them 2-3 months for the PPR.
4. Pending steps -- as of now the meds need to be 'seconded' by Ottawa & the security clearance should come in.

Qorax
Hi Qorax,
need your guidance about my case..

we are sponsored by my brother under parent class with dependent.
we have sent the file at CIC ND in Dec 2008, processing starts from Jan 2009, medical request with some document like PPC on dec 2010, medical done in dec 2010..my father is retired 4rm military. we are almost 5 months after medical done but still not got PPR....Kindly tell us how much time cic nd will take to send PPR to us...i personally thinks that our case is under background check for retired military applicants...
What do you thinks about our case....?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
snow100 said:
Qorax,
Please I need your advice,I'm a post june26 applicant I had MR RPRF by post , and also an email requesting police certificates for, me and my spouse from my home country and another one from Nigeria for my spouse all that in one month,the problem is he's having a great difficulty in getting the nigerian one he had his fingerprints taken at a local police station and they told him that it should be forwarded to Lagos to be issued but till now they haven't done anything , first it was because of the political troubles there but then nothing was done .I had to send the other pcc's with the RPRF and of course the medicals were done,all this along with a cover letter explaining the reason for not including the nigerian pcc so as not to be late for the 30 days deadline.My question is that will my file be processed as incomplete, and can this lead to a refusal,if there's any thing else I can do please advise me.If he couldn't get the pcc can I explain the reason for them and will they accept it and proceed with the processing .Also can I phone them to inquire about all that or will it be useless?
Our deadline was 20th of May.Till now there is no response from the VO.

Thank you in advance for your effort. :)
1. U did a wise job by sending an explanation letter for being unable to fetch the Nigerian PCC in time.
2. It would be accepted, but the file would be kept in abeyance for 'want' of that PCC.
3. There's no risk of refusal under this scenario. At worst u could expect undue delays &/or they'd ask u again.
4. If after a considerable time & efforts u yet r unable to get it -- send a 'waiver letter'.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hd2k said:
hello
i am an old system applicant , waiting for medicals
if i want to update london chc about the change of my position in the company what documents should i send ?
thanks in advance
1. U may not require to update those things with your VO.
2. However, if u must - then send the copy of the promotion/placement letter.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
challa said:
Hi Qorax,
need your guidance about my case..

we are sponsored by my brother under parent class with dependent.
we have sent the file at CIC ND in Dec 2008, processing starts from Jan 2009, medical request with some document like PPC on dec 2010, medical done in dec 2010..my father is retired 4rm military. we are almost 5 months after medical done but still not got PPR....Kindly tell us how much time cic nd will take to send PPR to us...i personally thinks that our case is under background check for retired military applicants...
What do you thinks about our case....?
It usually is a long waiting process for the "Family Reunification" cases under FC stream... takes around 5yrs. [which is going up further from 2011].

Super patience is the name of the game!
Qorax

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Qorax,

One of my friends recently bought an apartment and started living there. But the resident (address) he has mentioned as the current address in the form is still in his ownership (even some of his family members are residing over there).

Is it necessary to notify/update the VO about the change? If yes, does he need to send a new PCC reflecting the new address?

Thanks,

smiling_face :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
smiling_face said:
Dear Qorax,

One of my friends recently bought an apartment and started living there. But the resident (address) he has mentioned as the current address in the form is still in his ownership (even some of his family members are residing over there).

Is it necessary to notify/update the VO about the change? If yes, does he need to send a new PCC reflecting the new address?

Thanks,

smiling_face :)
Not necessary, unless he wants to.
For change of [correspondence] address with the CIC u don't require to submit any 'proof' -- just hit the 'Address Change' link under the e-Cas for the purpose.

Qorax

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
qorax said:
Not necessary, unless he wants to.
For change of [correspondence] address with the CIC u don't require to submit any 'proof' -- just hit the 'Address Change' link under the e-Cas for the purpose.

Qorax
Thanks for the quick reply. He is fine with the contact address. But he is concerned about B/G check....so from that stand point, is that ok?

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
WHICH IS THE BEST PROVINCE IF YOU WANNA APPLY FOR YOUR PARENTS.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
smiling_face said:
Thanks for the quick reply. He is fine with the contact address. But he is concerned about B/G check....so from that stand point, is that ok?
Not required.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...