Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
I guess someone should appreciate me for starting the thread lol. anyway thanks all for your useful advice. now we have an idea what b/ground check is. :Let me as ; is it the names and phone numbers yoy supply they will contact or do they contact even persons you have not mentioned ? i hope they dont contact a boss who does not like your face !!!!!!!!!!!

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
:), Thank you.

tinuadeadebola said:
I guess someone should appreciate me for starting the thread lol. anyway thanks all for your useful advice. now we have an idea what b/ground check is. :Let me as ; is it the names and phone numbers yoy supply they will contact or do they contact even persons you have not mentioned ? i hope they dont contact a boss who does not like your face !!!!!!!!!!!

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
tinuadeadebola said:
you really did an appreciable act, 8)

see appreciation in ur rating ;)

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
I hit the "good" button too. Thanks Tinu!!

laraibadil

May 20, 2010
i lived in Saudi Arabia for 09 months in 1992, but i don't have any documents, employement details etc. if i skip that information in back ground history, since it would be hard to proof in detailed documentation except i have photocopy of my temporary resident card depicting employers name and my profession, Can CHC deduct my working in Saudi Arabia in back ground checks?

Please advise how to manage that,since i don't want to go in a way which may lead to refusal.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Dear forum members...I am applying for FSW-1..I lived in australia for one year and Ireland for 2 years for my studies..I have police clearance from Australia after two months of leaving australia and also from Ireland when I left the country after that I never been to abroad except for only three months to Ireland. Kindly let me know that whether I need to get again the police clearances. or they will suffice

i will appreciate your response guys..
mrshah

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mrshah30 said:
Dear forum members...I am applying for FSW-1..I lived in australia for one year and Ireland for 2 years for my studies..I have police clearance from Australia after two months of leaving australia and also from Ireland when I left the country after that I never been to abroad except for only three months to Ireland. Kindly let me know that whether I need to get again the police clearances. or they will suffice

i will appreciate your response guys..
mrshah
When u apply for the PR, u'd need a 'valid' PCC of the countries u resided 6 months+ since the age of 18. Now most PCCs have some expiry, usually 3-6 months. Thus, plan accordingly.

Qorax

hema_777

Sep 1, 2009
Hi,

Am facing a similar problem...i was not able to submit PCC for a country and have submitted my passport on request.

My passport has been with CHC for the past 3 months and on query i was informed indirectly that it falls outside the normal timeframe indicating background check from external agencies.

Has anyone has a similar experience and how long does it take for the landing papers/ passport to be returned.

Ecas status stuck as 'IN Process'

Thanks ALL

hema_777

Sep 1, 2009
Hi All,

My Passport was sent to CHC by the first week of May aand still waiting for my Visas. I have received a response from them saying that my case does not fall into the regular timeframe and some checks (lots of other things were written too) are in progress. Auusming these are the secutiry checks, how much log do you suppose before i hear from them again.

Regards

doc9999

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2011
AOR Received.
10-04-2011
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Need some info:

Kindly some explanation needed regarding the following:

I sent an inquiry to London VO regarding my status and they sent an email saying your file is under background checks. How long do I have to wait ??

I am a FSW1 applicant and applied in March 2011. I had my medicals done in Sept 1st week and got the line added "medical results received" around 1st week of October 2011.

After that I was asked to update the background / schedule A form which was sent also last week of October 2011.

I am kind of confused on the whole time frame. Its almost approaching 4 months since my medicals.

I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi, I applied via family sponsorship thru my wife. I am a US Citizen born in India and she is a Canadian citizen. We are currently living in California. We applied back in Oct 27th 2011 and our application is still pending. In Jan Stage 1 sponsorship approval was received and in Feb CIC sent a letter stating no interview is necessary and that they just need a birth certificate. I was not able to provide the birth certificate but instead sent affidavits. CIC then requested in March of 2012 RCMP fingerprints which I sent to RCMP in April and RCMP sent the results to CIC in May of this year. I still have not heard anything about my case but the MP office send me the email below. What does this mean and how much longer can it possibly take ? My case was originally sent to Buffalo and is not at Ottawa.

We have checked with the processing centre and were advised that at present they are awaiting the results from the security check. Once these documents have been received this file should go in for final review. Unfortunately we do not have a time line for security checks, however we are hoping that this file will be completed shortly.