Passport Req..
06/July/10
VISA ISSUED...
20/July/10
LANDED..........
27/August/10
qorax said:
STANDARD BACKGROUND CHECKS:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-6 months, for the 'fast track' system. [The older system has a queue, thus gets longer]
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.

SECURITY & CRIMINALITY CHECKS:
A part of the b/groung checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC & Database Checking. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview, due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 3-5 months. Avg. 3 months. [With the new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with the Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

Qorax
Can you tell me what BFD, VO, POF, SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM Mean please?

aliamore

Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Oct 2009
Doc's Request.
4th Dec 2009
AOR Received.
27th APR 2010
Very informative!

Thank You,

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Qorax, could you kindly explain what is NASC & Database Checking.
Thanks for such an informative a precise explanation of the background check process.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kellys said:
Can you tell me what BFD, VO, POF, SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM Mean please?
BFD - Brought Forward Date
VO - Visa Officer
SDEC - SECURITY DECISION
CDEC - CRIMINALITY DECISION
SECCRIM - ?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Qorax, could you kindly explain what is NASC & Database Checking.
Thanks for such an informative a precise explanation of the background check process.
Common database that countries like UK, USA, Australia and Canada share with each other. They share the data so that they can avoid frauds based selection.

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
rocky272727 said:
Common database that countries like UK, USA, Australia and Canada share with each other. They share the data so that they can avoid frauds based selection.
i am nt pretty sure about this .
Coz i have never heard any rejection on the basis of Database sharing.
there are many who are welder in one country and Engineer in another.
I agree it's fraud but im nt sure that it is So hardly implemented.
May be I am wrong

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hunker said:
i am nt pretty sure about this .
Coz i have never heard any rejection on the basis of Database sharing.
there are many who are welder in one country and Engineer in another.
I agree it's fraud but im nt sure that it is So hardly implemented.
May be I am wrong
I never said rejection will be on the basis of outcomes from this database only. And more over it is an internal process. Even if some one has provided fraudulent information and CIC is made aware of such incident via this database, then they check it and provide time to the applicant to prove that applicant is right but they never mention that due to our internal check from so and so database. It was in news and on the CIC website as well regarding this database sharing.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rocky272727 said:
rocky272727 said:
I never said rejection will be on the basis of outcomes from this database only. And more over it is an internal process. Even if some one has provided fraudulent information and CIC is made aware of such incident via this database, then they check it and provide time to the applicant to prove that applicant is right but they never mention that due to our internal check from so and so database. It was in news and on the CIC website as well regarding this database sharing.
Both r 'perfect' answers Rocky.
The d/b check is a way of [basically] 'tallying' records. That's how certain names figure all the time & further scrutiny is done. It's not a perfect scenario though, but many get stuck due to such common names & the NA system has debarred many ppl to enter 'coz of that.

There was this case of a certain guy who had to fight-it-out in courts to prove his mistaken identity. And also remember one Mr. Shahrukh Khan was detained recently, for over 3.5 hrs. at a US POE.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rocky272727 said:
BFD - Brought Forward Date
VO - Visa Officer
SDEC - SECURITY DECISION
CDEC - CRIMINALITY DECISION
SECCRIM - ?
Thanx rocky...
SECCRIM = Security Criminal
POF = Proof of funds.

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
I totally agree with the seniors.

But I would love to clarify just 1 thing,

Is there any such proof in normal persons like us, I mean any applicant who is being rejected due to such mismatching OR is there any1 who has got these questions being asked in interview ??
pls share ,coz my friend has applied to AUST as 12th pass electrician.while to Canada as Master's degree holder vocational instructor. He did this to get PR of Aust soon,BUT now he is stuck.

I hope all can understand that humanbeing are almost impatient in every aspect of life, ANY SOLUTION FOR HIM?? 8)

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
I thought only criminal acts are verified from other countries .

But I never knew that they have so much time even to verify
why and how an applicant has applied to another country.
It is just a breach of our privacy ,Isn't it ??

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Thanks All for a very illuminating discussion.
It gives me really solid "background" as to the background check itself :D
Qorax, Sir you have initiated a veritable knowledge bank with your own contributions triggering a chain of responses from really well informed forum members like Rocky. Other members have contributed by posing important questions.

Collectively we have all benefited.

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-6 months, for the 'fast track' system. [The older system has a queue, thus gets longer]

A part of the b/groung checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC & Database Checking. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview, due to this reason.

-Timeframe: Around 3-5 months. Avg. 3 months. [With the new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with the Meds]

Qorax
Thanks a lot qorax for your valuable information. But may i point out my case in which criminal and security checks are currently going on,as per CAIPS, and i am still waiting for my medicals. So criminal and security checks need not necessarily take place only after medicals, and it can happen soon after point assessments and before medicals also. There is also another forum member, hangza, whose case is also the same as per his CAIPS. But I agree in large majority of cases, criminal/security checks take place after medicals are received. Thank you..

cherrie

Mar 3, 2010
qorax said:

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe

can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview, due to this reason.

Qorax
Hi Qorax, were did u get this info from.
Thank
Cherrie