+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting AOR to apply for my spouse's Work Permit

manudeepp

Mar 7, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I applied for my spouse's permanent residence in January and have been waiting since then for the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) to apply for her Open Work Permit. In the last week of February, I received an email stating that "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received," but the email did not have any attachment indicating it as an AOR. Today (March 7th), she received an email requesting biometrics, but there is no explicit communication regarding the AOR.

My question is: will we receive the biometrics request prior to receiving the AOR or after the AOR? Any insights on this situation are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I applied for my spouse's permanent residence in January and have been waiting since then for the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) to apply for her Open Work Permit. In the last week of February, I received an email stating that "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received," but the email did not have any attachment indicating it as an AOR. Today (March 7th), she received an email requesting biometrics, but there is no explicit communication regarding the AOR.

My question is: will we receive the biometrics request prior to receiving the AOR or after the AOR? Any insights on this situation are much appreciated.

Thanks.
I don't recall if the official AoR email states anything different than what you have received. The very fact that it states that it is confirmation that the application has been received, should allow her to now apply for the OWP. The fact that biometrics have been requested only echoes this point.

manudeepp

Mar 7, 2024
I don't recall if the official AoR email states anything different than what you have received. The very fact that it states that it is confirmation that the application has been received, should allow her to now apply for the OWP. The fact that biometrics have been requested only echoes this point.
Thanks for the response.

Bellow is the body of the email I had recieved there was no attachment included:

UCI: **********
Application No.: *************
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear MANUDEEP PENDURTHI,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2024/01/25 on behalf of the following member(s):

***DULA Y

But when I referring to the immigration website from bellow link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html#aor

it says:
The AoR letter means that an officer has reviewed your application package and confirmed that it’s complete.

The AoR letter contains your application number. The application number is in the top left corner of the letter and starts with an F.

I'm confused now, should I start applying for the OWP online just by saving the above email I received from IRCC as a pdf?

Thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Thanks.
This is the AOR email. Apply for OWP.

It stated "confirms " "application received" which is an aoknowledgement of receipt.

manudeepp

Mar 7, 2024
When I am applying for the OWP for my wife should I be going through the GC key account and apply in a similar fashion like I would apply for a pgwp, visitor visa or study visa?
Is there any other portal through which I have to apply for the spousal open work permit?

manudeepp

Mar 7, 2024
A quick update:
Today I recieved an email saying:
Dear Client,
This email is regarding the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Application that you submitted to CPC Sydney.
Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records

The attachment has bellow info:
Dear Sir/Madam
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ******** and family (if applicable). as We a are sponsor. pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility

I believe this is the AoR

I have submitted the OWP application yesterday. Is there anyway lc append this new pdf to the client information I submitted yesterda

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
A quick update:
Today I recieved an email saying:
Dear Client,
This email is regarding the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Application that you submitted to CPC Sydney.
Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records

The attachment has bellow info:
Dear Sir/Madam
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ******** and family (if applicable). as We a are sponsor. pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility

I believe this is the AoR

I have submitted the OWP application yesterday. Is there anyway lc append this new pdf to the client information I submitted yesterda
This is SA (sponsor approval), not AOR. It comes after AOR

Dappa24

Jun 14, 2024
When I am applying for the OWP for my wife should I be going through the GC key account and apply in a similar fashion like I would apply for a pgwp, visitor visa or study visa?
Is there any other portal through which I have to apply for the spousal open work permit?
Hi,
I am currently in the same situation as you.
I applied for my wife in Feb, got the same email you got and she has also been called for her biometrics and passed her medicals.
Can I apply for Open work permit with that first email?. I am yet to receive the second email you received.

I will appreciate your response.

manudeepp

Mar 7, 2024
Hey, I have gone ahead and applied for the OWP. But, there was no update on the OWP yet. Infact my wife had recieved an email regarding her PR application saying only background verification is remaining and she can start applying for Canadian jobs with the eligibility criteria aprroved letter. As it stands today she might actually be getting her PR approved before her OWP

manudeepp

Mar 7, 2024
Hey, I have gone ahead and applied for the OWP. But, there was no update on the OWP yet. Infact my wife had recieved an email regarding her PR application saying only background verification is remaining and she can start applying for Canadian jobs with the eligibility criteria aprroved letter. As it stands today she might actually be getting her PR approved before her OWP
And yes I did apply for OWP with the first email saved as a PDF and I did not receive any sort of warning from the IRCC regarding that yet.