+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting AOR to apply for my spouse's Work Permit

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
And yes I did apply for OWP with the first email saved as a PDF and I did not receive any sort of warning from the IRCC regarding that yet.
As others have told you - that email IS the AOR. there is no longer a PDF attachement, you print to pdf and attach that to the OWP applicaiton

Dappa24

Jun 14, 2024
Thank you so much.

Quick Update. I just applied for my wife’s OWP but while watching some videos online I got a bit confused on if she is in STATUS.

she came into Canada in Dec 2023 and was given a paper that said 92 but it wasn’t stamped on her passport. We applied for spousal sponsorship in Feb 2024 but didn’t think to apply for extension because we thought since we have applied she will be in maintained status.

But from I watched yesterday it looks like we should have applied for extension for her visitors visa before the expiration in March.

We only received what we now know as the AOR in May, so I am a bit confused. Is my wife in STATUS?, should I go ahead and now apply for extension while her PR and OWP are in process?.

Please clarify.
Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so much.

Quick Update. I just applied for my wife’s OWP but while watching some videos online I got a bit confused on if she is in STATUS.

she came into Canada in Dec 2023 and was given a paper that said 92 but it wasn’t stamped on her passport. We applied for spousal sponsorship in Feb 2024 but didn’t think to apply for extension because we thought since we have applied she will be in maintained status.

But from I watched yesterday it looks like we should have applied for extension for her visitors visa before the expiration in March.

We only received what we now know as the AOR in May, so I am a bit confused. Is my wife in STATUS?, should I go ahead and now apply for extension while her PR and OWP are in process?.

Please clarify.
Thank you
She is out of status. Apply to restore her status as visitor asap. (She has 90 days since her pervious status expired to apply for restoration)

She will only be able to get OWP if her status is restored by then. (as visitor)

This will not affect her PR sponsorship application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much.

Please clarify.
Thank you
Out of status. OWP won't be possible until you have AIP.

Dappa24

Jun 14, 2024
These Lawyers really put one in trouble
My lawyer is saying I she is fine and that the spousal application covers everything but I just checked the eligibility tool on IRCC and it’s telling me my wife out of status!

Thank you guys so much.
I really appreciate

Dappa24

Jun 14, 2024
Hi guys,
Quick update. My wife received a pre-arrival service letter from IRCC. Is this standard for Spousal-sponsorship inside Canada?.

I thought it was only for principal applicant outside Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys,
Quick update. My wife received a pre-arrival service letter from IRCC. Is this standard for Spousal-sponsorship inside Canada?.

I thought it was only for principal applicant outside Canada.
Standard for both, although some don't seem to get.