+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian or NZ applicants - share timeline here !!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
rachiy said:
For sure. All updated now.

I haven't seen many going through Sydney, but maybe they just don't come to the forums. I was surprised at how many there are in July, we all seemed to just appear all of a sudden.
:) i guess there are many applicants who don't know this forum exists.... just like me 3 days ago. i have been searching for timeline for Australians to migrate to Canada under family category but it keeps coming up as the other way round in the aussieforum. lucky i persevere and continue searching... then i found this!!! yahooooo!!!! :p

freezing_aussie

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
One more Aussie here applying through Sydney. I've been lurking for a while, learning from other people's experience and advice. Meds done one month ago, here in Canada. Application will hopefully be submitted over the next few days.

We're currently wrestling with the payment process. Online payment is not working at all, even though we're trying to use my husband's Canadian credit cards. Oh, and the alternative requires a bank payment form, which is not available for downloading on the website. Grrrr!

Anyways, very glad to have this forum. It's been a big help.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
freezing_aussie, good luck with your application!

hoping all our applications will breeze through Sydney visa office nicely, with no one needs to be interviewed, and reunite with loved ones ASAP!

s.faye

Mar 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 -07-2012
File Transfer...
15 - 10 - 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
Hi Hi!

I just wanted to join in, feeling kind of lonely here in Canada while we wait for my boyfriend's papers to go through(he's still in Perth ..)

Sent our application in at the end of July, so now's it's a lot of hoping things go smoothly :)

Nice to meet you guys!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Hey Freezing Aussie and S Faye, if you want me to add you to the Sydney spreadsheet let me know the date that your application was received by CIC and I will add you.
Good luck with your application. It is a great feeling once it is out of your hands - as long as you have something to occupy your time.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
it's nice to see more and more Aussies and Kiwis here. keep this thread alive and give hope to each other...

:D

robbo

Aug 21, 2012
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with a few questions some of you might have run into:

My canadian gf and I (aussie) have almost finished up all our paperwork for the application.
We will be sending off the application whilst in Australia (we have been living back here for 6 months after coming over from Canada together).

-On the forms we wrote that our residential address is here in Australia, we also wrote that my partner (canadian) is NOT exclusively residing outside of Canada (since she is just on a working holiday)
Do you guys think that is right? Or would she be considered to be residing exclusively outside Canada?

-Also will there be any issues with us sending off our application from Australia if we will be moving back to Canada within a month of that? I have a working holiday visa that is still valid and we both want to start studying in Canada in January.

-Another thing I am unsure about is the amount of proof of our relationship we have put together.
We have lived together with her family, travelled across canada together, travelled around Australia together, lived with my family, met all of each others family, have a joint bank account, joint leases, 100's of photo's of each other which we have compiled with dates and comments, flight itineraries together.
Would this be enough?

Thankyou so much in advance, the amount of paperwork can be overwhelming at times.

Rob

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Hey Robbo,

There might be others here with more experience and advice, but from what you have said you would be correct in saying your girlfriend has not been exclusively residing outside of Canada, as she has been travelling back and forth from there and is on a temporary study visa.

If you are applying OUTLAND through the Sydney office, there shouldn't be a problem moving back to Canada during that time, as long as you supply CIC with your correct address. It can be quite stressful to change, as you wont be able to hear from them for the first 90 days or so, and then they may send Sponsorship approval via snail mail - so essentially you would like them to send that to your most current address.

Your evidence sounds pretty comprehensive - as long as you have both been living together in a common-law relationship for at least 12 months, whether in Canada and/or Australia, and you have evidence of that.

I know what you mean about being daunted by the paperwork- just when you think you have everything, something else pops up and puts a spanner in the works! Good-luck with your application!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
robbo, i think you submitted more evidence than i did (we got married et al but my smartypants husband thought that cic wont look much at the evidence so he only sent a few photos for each occasion we were together, absolutely no chat logs, no skype logs, only telephone bills).

by common law regulations on cic, you must be living together for at least 12 months to be able to apply, so be sure to check on that first. by looking at your evidence alone, you have more than enough. but then no one knows what cic thinks, so good luck!

freezing_aussie

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
miniejungle, thank you, and I heartily hope it will be quick and painless for us all! rachly, I will definitely give you the dates for the spreadsheet as soon as we submit. We're just pulling together the last few bits. My husband managed to get a bank payment form from a kind CIC employee returning to the office after lunch. He saw him lost and loitering and took pity. I believe you need to make an appointment to get one usually!

I had another one of those 'oh no, not another hurdle!' days today. Tried to print Skype logs, can't log into my history at all. Contacted Skype support only to find out that they delete records after 6 months. I noticed a whole lot of panicked support requests from people in similar immigration situations. I mean, we all rely on Skype for international calls these days, and who would think the records would just disappear.

After a few minutes of hyperventilation, I thought to check my laptop for locally saved records. Luckily Skype does save this data on the hard drive, so I was able to take screen shots and print each one for proof. Phew!

Let's see what peccadilloes tomorrow brings...

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
freezing_aussie said:
miniejungle, thank you, and I heartily hope it will be quick and painless for us all! rachly, I will definitely give you the dates for the spreadsheet as soon as we submit. We're just pulling together the last few bits. My husband managed to get a bank payment form from a kind CIC employee returning to the office after lunch. He saw him lost and loitering and took pity. I believe you need to make an appointment to get one usually!

I had another one of those 'oh no, not another hurdle!' days today. Tried to print Skype logs, can't log into my history at all. Contacted Skype support only to find out that they delete records after 6 months. I noticed a whole lot of panicked support requests from people in similar immigration situations. I mean, we all rely on Skype for international calls these days, and who would think the records would just disappear.

After a few minutes of hyperventilation, I thought to check my laptop for locally saved records. Luckily Skype does save this data on the hard drive, so I was able to take screen shots and print each one for proof. Phew!

Let's see what peccadilloes tomorrow brings...

oh dear, i didn't know skype deleted the messages after 6 months!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I need to save the chats now or else if i get asked, I won't be able to find anything (as of now I have lost half year worth of chats since aug 2011 till feb 2012).
could you please tell me how to print out the chat logs from the local drive and on skype too, or we just copy and paste from skype's conversation window? i did a search in my PC but had nothing... maybe it's not saved there. :( :( :(

good luck for tomorrow!

freezing_aussie

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
miniejungle, in Skype just click on the username of the other person, and then click on the 'view earlier messages' link. Usually there is the '3 months', '6 months' etc links there. The options should cover the whole of the history you have on that computer (i.e. if you have a year worth of history then 1 year option should be there).

The only way I could think to print it and keep it looking credible and unedited is to print the screen. I took an image of the screen, scrolled to show the next lot of calls / messages then took an image of the screen again. Depending on how many calls and messages you have this could take ages to do. You could always just print a selection.

I hope this helps!

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Great job on the spreadsheet, thanks for that. Still waiting for ecas to show "in process" for stage 2. Welcome to everyone and speedy approvals to us all. :)

BCRain

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Syndey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-07-2012
Hello from BC!
We finally submitted our application yesterday after taking over a year to pull everything together. I've read/learned so much from this forum I thought I'd join in for the wait with the rest of the July/August Sydney office applicants!

-does anyone know how I update my sidebar with a timeline? I don't seem to have any options under Modify Profile??

freezing_aussie

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
I was trying to work that out too. I think you have to reach 10 posts on the forum before you have that option. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.